Introduction to the AMD EPYC 7443P Processor
The AMD EPYC 7443P is a high-performance processor designed for use in data centers and other computing-intensive environments. It features 24 cores and 48 threads, allowing for efficient multitasking and processing of large data sets. Additionally, the processor has a base clock speed of 2.85 GHz and a boost clock speed of 4.0 GHz, providing plenty of power for even the most demanding applications.
In this article, we will explore the features and capabilities of the AMD EPYC 7443P processor in detail, including its architecture, performance, and suitability for various use cases.
Architecture of the AMD EPYC 7443P Processor
The AMD EPYC 7443P processor is based on the Zen 3 architecture, which is the latest iteration of AMD's processor design. This architecture features several improvements over the previous Zen 2 architecture, including higher clock speeds, better power efficiency, and more advanced instruction sets.
The processor has 24 cores and 48 threads, which are organized into two CCDs (Core Chiplets) that communicate through the Infinity Fabric interconnect. Each CCD contains 12 cores and 24 threads, along with 32 MB of L3 cache memory. The processor also has 128 MB of L3 cache memory shared across all cores.
The processor supports DDR4 memory with a maximum speed of 3200 MHz and a total memory capacity of up to 4 TB. It also supports PCIe Gen 4 with up to 128 lanes, providing high-speed data transfer for storage and other peripherals.
Performance of the AMD EPYC 7443P Processor
The AMD EPYC 7443P processor is designed to provide high performance for a wide range of computing applications. Its 24 cores and 48 threads allow for efficient parallel processing, making it ideal for data-intensive workloads such as machine learning, big data analytics, and scientific simulations.
The processor has a base clock speed of 2.85 GHz and a boost clock speed of 4.0 GHz. The boost clock speed is achieved when the processor is under heavy load and requires extra processing power. This allows the processor to maintain high performance even when handling complex tasks.
In terms of power consumption, the AMD EPYC 7443P has a TDP (Thermal Design Power) of 225 watts. While this is relatively high compared to some other processors, it is in line with the high performance requirements of data center and computing-intensive applications.
Suitability for Various Use Cases
The AMD EPYC 7443P processor is suitable for a wide range of computing applications, particularly those that require high performance and efficient parallel processing. Some of the use cases for this processor include:
- Data center applications: The AMD EPYC 7443P is ideal for use in data centers, where it can be used to process large volumes of data and run multiple virtual machines simultaneously.
- Machine learning: Machine learning algorithms require a lot of processing power and can benefit greatly from the parallel processing capabilities of the AMD EPYC 7443P.
- Big data analytics: The AMD EPYC 7443P can be used to process and analyze large data sets, which is a common requirement in big data analytics applications.
- Scientific simulations: Scientific simulations often require large amounts of processing power to run complex models, making the AMD EPYC 7443P a good choice for these applications.
Finally, the AMD EPYC 7443P is a powerful processor designed for use in data center and computing-intensive applications. Its 24 cores and 48 threads, along with its high clock speeds and advanced architecture, make it an ideal choice for a wide range of use cases, including machine learning, big data analytics, and scientific simulations.
- Manufacturer: AMD
- Part Number or SKU# 100-000000342
- Product Model: EPYC 7443
- Max Boost Clock: Up To 4.0GHz
- Clock Speed: 2.85GHz
- Processor Core: 24-Core
- Compatible Processor Socket: SP3
- Max Thermal Design Power (TDP): 200W
- L3 Cache: 128MB
- Lithography: 7nm
The processor in a computer is the brain where most processes are initiated. Some factors must be considered when identifying a good desktop processor. Keep in mind that a faster central processing unit (CPU) will help surf web pages, edit photos faster, and even work on spreadsheets. On the other hand, a high wattage processor will have the downside of poor battery life.
The majority of computers and laptops are powered by an Intel CPU with the name of the processor prominently displayed on the product. The CPU model name will indicate the speed of the machine, but it must have a context. What do you need to do with the laptop or desktop? The requirements for a computer used for simple web surfing and everyday tasks are markedly different from those of a computer used for gaming or video editing.
Understanding CPU Model Name
The confusing mix of numbers and letters actually makes a lot of sense. The brand name of the processor will start such as Intel Core, AMD Ryzen or AMD FX. Following the brand name is the modifier which can be i3, i5, i7, i9, E, N, m5 or x5. For the Intel processors, the number immediately after the hyphen denotes generation such as 7 or 8 for 7th generation and 8th generation. The combination of two or three numbers after that indicates the particular SKU and the single letter (U, H, HK, or Y) will denote the processor line. For AMD processors, AMD Ryzen 5 compares and competes with Intel Core i5U and the same is true for AMD Ryzen 7 and Core i7U processors.
Important Processor Specs
Any processor will have its unique set of characteristics that make it ideal for a specific operating system.
- Cores: A core is best described as the processor within a processor. Most computers have a dual core, whereas the high performance machines have a quad core. The new 8th generation processors – core i5 and core i7 – have four cores. A core will work on a discrete task while other cores perform other tasks.
- Hyper-Threading: This refers to the process whereby a CPU will split a physical core into virtual cores called threads. The dual core machines use hyper-threading to offer four threads while quad core provides eight threads.
- Clock Speed: Refers to the number of cycles that a processor can execute. Clock speed is measured in gigahertz and is one factor considered when evaluating server processor speed.
- Turbo Boost: Some processors are made available with turbo boost. The turbo boost temporarily increases clock speed to help in faster completion of a task. Intel Core i5 and i7 processors have the GHz turbo boost feature and will have max turbo frequency.
- Cache: Refers to the small amount of RAM on the CPU that stores frequently used information to aid in speedy completion of tasks. Most processors will have anything between 1 and 4MB of cache.
- Thermal Design Power (TDP): TDP is the amount of watts a processor uses. More watts are synonymous with better performance but have the downside of greater power consumption and higher temperature.
Intel Core vs AMD Ryzen
The Intel and AMD debate still persists. AMD processors are no longer associated with poor performance and budget systems. The new Ryzen Mobile platform compares very well with the Intel core i5 and i7 processors.
Generations and Processor Lines
Intel will have a new processor generation every 12 to 18 months for faster and power efficient performance. Not all processor lines are migrated into the new generation architecture at the same time. The most recent architectures are the Kaby Lake Refresh, Ice Lake, and Comet Lake that are available across different but not all processor lines.
When picking a processor to build your system, choose the right processor line rather than just picking a core i7 over a core i5 or core i3. Intel processors are available in four main lines under which you get a set of core i3s, i5s, i7s, and i9s. Each line has different TDP ranging from 4.5 to 45 watts. The Y series is the lowest rising to the H series. Towards the top of the range are the Intel Xeon processors with vPro technology for high end workstations used for engineering, professional animation and research.
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.