Installing the 312-1446 Dell Battery
To install the 312-1446 Dell 58wh 6 Cell 1 X Long Life Li-Ion Battery for Latitude E6220, E6230, E6320, E6330, E6430s, follow these steps:
- Turn off your laptop and unplug it from any power source.
- Locate the battery latch or release mechanism on the bottom of your laptop. This may be a switch or button that needs to be moved or pressed to release the battery.
- Slide the battery out of the battery compartment and set it aside.
- Take the new 312-1446 Dell battery and insert it into the battery compartment. Make sure that the battery is properly aligned and securely inserted.
- Push the battery into the compartment until it clicks into place. You should hear a satisfying "click" when the battery is properly installed.
- Power on your laptop and check the battery status indicator to confirm that the new battery is recognized and charging. You may need to charge the battery fully before using it for the first time.
Troubleshooting Common Issues
Here are some common issues that you may encounter with the 312-1446 Dell 58wh 6 Cell 1 X Long Life Li-Ion Battery for Latitude E6220, E6230, E6320, E6330, E6430s, and some troubleshooting steps you can take:
- Battery not recognized: If your laptop doesn't recognize the new battery, try removing and reinserting it to make sure it's properly connected. If the problem persists, you may need to update your BIOS or check your laptop's power management settings to make sure they're configured correctly.
- Battery not charging: If your battery is not charging, check that the charger is properly connected to the laptop and the wall outlet. If there is no issue with the charger, you may need to check the battery contacts for any signs of dirt or corrosion. If the battery contacts are dirty, clean them using a soft, dry cloth. If the battery is still not charging, it may be faulty and require replacement.
- Short battery life: If your battery is not lasting as long as it should, you can try calibrating it by fully discharging and then fully charging it. You can also try adjusting the power settings on your laptop to reduce energy consumption. If the battery life remains short, it may be reaching the end of its useful life and require replacement.
- Overheating: If your laptop and battery are overheating, you may need to check for any obstructions that may be blocking the air vents on your laptop. You can also try adjusting the power settings on your laptop to reduce the workload and heat generation. If the problem persists, it may be due to a malfunctioning cooling system or a faulty battery, and you should seek professional assistance.
- Error messages: If you encounter any error messages related to your battery, make sure you have the latest drivers and software updates installed for your laptop. You can also check the user manual or contact Dell support for further assistance.
Tips for Maintaining and Extending
Here are some tips for maintaining and extending the life of your 312-1446 Dell 58wh 6 Cell 1 X Long Life Li-Ion Battery for Latitude E6220, E6230, E6320, E6330, E6430s:
- Calibrate the battery: Calibrating the battery once every few months can help optimize its performance and extend its lifespan. To do this, fully discharge the battery and then fully charge it before using it again.
- Use the correct charger: Using a charger that is not compatible with your laptop or battery can damage it and shorten its lifespan. Always use the correct charger that is recommended by the manufacturer.
- Store the battery correctly: If you're not using the battery for an extended period of time, store it in a cool and dry place. Avoid exposing the battery to extreme temperatures, moisture, or direct sunlight.
- Reduce power consumption: Reducing the power consumption of your laptop can help extend the life of your battery. You can do this by adjusting the screen brightness, turning off Wi-Fi and Bluetooth when not in use, and closing any unnecessary programs and apps.
- Clean the battery contacts: Dirt and debris can accumulate on the battery contacts over time and interfere with its performance. Clean the contacts using a soft, dry cloth to maintain optimal connectivity.
- Replace the battery when necessary: Lithium-ion batteries have a limited lifespan and will eventually lose their ability to hold a charge. If you notice that your battery is no longer holding a charge or is not lasting as long as it used to, it may be time to replace it.
By following these tips, you can help maintain and extend the life of your 312-1446 Dell battery, allowing you to enjoy optimal performance and longer run times.
312-1446 Dell 58wh 6 Cell 1 X Long Life Li-Ion Battery For Latitude E6220 E6230 E6320 E6330 E6430s
- Battery technology: Lithium-ion
- Battery capacity: 58Wh
- Number of cells: 6
- Voltage: 11.1V
- Watt-hours: 5200 mAh
- Battery color: Black
- Battery weight: 12.3 oz (348 g)
- Operating temperature: 0°C to 60°C (32°F to 140°F)
- Storage temperature: -20°C to 60°C (-4°F to 140°F)
- Dimensions (L x W x H): 8.07 x 2.13 x 0.79 inches (205 x 54 x 20 mm)
About New Bulk Pack Products
Here, you can check more available conditions of your desired product 312-1446 at a competitive price. We are trying our best to meet your needs on the enterprise-level computer, server, data centre, and networking hardware. You are welcome to ask our live chat or get live representative support over the phone.
Other Available Conditions for this Part
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.