Introduction to the HPE ProLiant DL380p G8 Server
Key Features and Specifications
The HPE ProLiant DL380p G8 Server offers a wide range of features and specifications to meet the needs of various enterprise-level workloads. Some of the key features and specifications of the DL380p G8 include:
- Processor: Intel Xeon E5-2665 2.4GHz (8-core, 20MB cache)
- Memory: Up to 768GB of DDR3 memory with 18 DIMM slots
- Storage: Up to 12 LFF SAS/SATA/SSD or 24 SFF SAS/SATA/SSD drives with Smart Array P420i/1GB FBWC RAID controller
- Expansion: Up to 6 PCIe 3.0 slots
- Network Connectivity: 4x Gigabit Ethernet ports
- Power and Cooling: Dual hot-plug power supplies and redundant cooling fans
- Management: HP iLO Management Engine (standard) and HP Insight Control software (optional)
- Operating System Compatibility: Windows, Linux, and VMware
- Service and Support: HPE ProLiant DL380p G8 Server comes with 3 years of warranty and 24x7 technical support.
The HPE ProLiant DL380p G8 Server also includes a variety of other features and options to enhance security, availability, and scalability, making it a powerful and flexible solution for enterprise-level workloads.
Processor and Memory Configuration
The HPE ProLiant DL380p G8 Server is equipped with the Intel Xeon E5-2665 2.4GHz processor, which is a 8-core, 20MB cache processor. This processor delivers high performance and energy efficiency for a wide range of enterprise-level workloads. The server supports up to two processors, allowing for a total of 16 cores.
In terms of memory, the DL380p G8 supports up to 768GB of DDR3 memory with 18 DIMM slots. The server supports both Registered (RDIMM) and Load Reduced (LRDIMM) memory, and supports memory speeds of up to 1600 MHz. With this amount of memory and the powerful processor, the DL380p G8 can handle large and complex workloads with ease.
The DL380p G8 also supports memory mirroring and online spare memory, which can provide added protection against memory failure and improve system uptime. Additionally, the DL380p G8 supports Intel's Hyper-Threading technology, which allows each physical processor core to handle two threads simultaneously, effectively doubling the number of cores available to the operating system.
- Manufacturer: Hewlett Packard Enterprise(HPE)
- MPN: 642105-001
- Type: Server
- Sub-Type: ProLiant DL380P
- SKU: 642105-001
- Product Name: Proliant Dl380p G8 - 2-Way 2u Rack Server (Performance Model)
Processor & Chipset
- Processor Type: Intel Xeon E5-2665 / 2.40 GHz
- Multi-Core Technology: Octa-Core (8 Core)
- 64 Bit Computing: Yes
- Installed Qty: 2
- Max Supported Qty: 2
- Upgradability: Upgradable
- Processor Main Features: Hyper Threading Technology
- Chipset Model: Intel C600
- Type: L3 Cache
- Installed Size: 40 MB
- Cache Per Processor: 20 MB
- Installed Size: 32 GB / 384 Gb (Max)
- Technology: Ddr3 Sdram
- Memory Speed: 1600 Mhz
- Memory Specifications Compliance: Pc3-12800
- Form Factor: Dimm 240-Pin
- Number Of Total Memory Slots: 24
- Features: Registered, Dual Rank, Quad Channel Memory Architecture, Hp Smartmemory
- Configuration Features: 4 X 8 Gb
- Pc3-12800 - 384 Gb - Registered
- Pc3-10600 - 768 Gb - Load-Reduced
- Pc3-12800 - 128 Gb - Unbuffered - Advanced Ecc
- Pc3-10600 - 384 Gb - Hypercloud
Storage & Storage Controllers
- Hard Drive: None
- Optical Drive Type : Dvd-Writer
- Type : Card Reader
- Supported Flash Memory Cards : Sd Memory Card
- Storage Controller Type: 1 X Raid - Plug-In Card - Pci Express 3.0 X8
- Controller Interface Type: Sata-600 / Sas 2.0
- Storage Controller Name: Smart Array P420i With 2gb Fbwc
- Raid Level: Raid 0 Raid 1 Raid 5 Raid 10 Raid 50
- Buffer Size: 2 Gb
Display & Graphics
- Graphics Type: Integrated
- Graphics Controller Model: Matrox G200
- Video Interfaces : Vga
Network & Communication
- Networking Type : Plug-In Card
- Interface (Bus) Type : Pci Express X8
- Ethernet Controller : 10gb 2-Port 530flr-Sfp+ Adapter
- Data Link Protocol : Ethernet, Fast Ethernet, Gigabit Ethernet, 10 Gigabit Ethernet
- Remote Management Controller : Integrated Lights-Out 4
- Features : Wake On Lan (Wol), Pxe Support
- Compliant Standards : Ieee 802.3, Ieee 802.1q, Ieee 802.3x, Ieee 802.3ad (Lacp), Ieee 802.3ap, Ieee 802.1au
- Device Type : Power Supply - Hot-Plug
- Installed Qty : 2
- Max Supported Qty : 2
- Nominal Voltage : Ac 120/230 V ( 50/60 Hz )
- Power Provided : 750 Watt
Dimensions & Weight
- Width : 17.5 Inch
- Depth : 27.5 Inch
- Height : 3.4 Inch
- Weight : 40.98 Lbs
About Refurbished Products
Server - ProLiant DL380P
With the release of ProLiant DL380p, HPE's have been more focused on the 2U rack servers. This 2-socket server is not just an improved version regarding design and assembly but in performance as well. Also, the 2U design gets its fame from the easy upgradability option due to flat cable design. Apart from this, the advanced and updated LOM will take no PCIe slots to the network connectivity. All in all, you can utilize this HP ProLiant DL380p Gen8 server in the data centers and SMBs. With the rugged build quality and high-level performance, this rack server is a great choice! Here's more you need to know to explore the benefits and usage of DL380p.
DL380P Gen8 Supports the Dual Processor Configuration:
These servers support single and dual processor configurations from the Intel Xeon E5-2600 and its V2.0 series. The E5-2600 V2 processors can provide an upsurge in performance by 35% from its predecessors. SmartSocket Guide will implement the changes without any hassle, reducing the risk of damaging the CPU.
We, at ALLHDD, have the following range of DL380p servers: Xeon, Xeon 2.0GHz, Xeon 2.10GHz, Xeon 2.20GHz, and Xeon 2.30GHz. You can also buy Xeon 2.40GHz, Xeon 2.50GHz, Xeon 2.60GHz, Xeon 2.70GHz, Xeon 2.90GHz, and Xeon 3.0GHz so select the one that will meet your requirements, or you ask our Customer Service for support.
HP ProLiant DL380P's Smart Memory:
HPE has introduced the Smart Memory feature in this DL380p G8 series which is thoroughly tested and certified by professionals. This attribute makes this stack server perform best out of all. This intelligent array module can support up to three DIMMs each and 12 DIMMs per processor in terms of memory. Thus, the numbers will rise to double in the case of dual-processor configuration. This ProLiant server system supports UDIMM, LRDIMM, and RDIMM as well. Moreover, like the other HPE's Gen8 servers, it can reach up to 1066 MHz of memory speeds. However, there is no mixing of memory modules supported in this server.
PCIe Expansion Slots are Available:
Upgradability is one thing that a tech-savvy must crave for! Investing in this HP ProLiant DL380p Gen8 will not let you down for years now, as you can upgrade the system via six PCIe expansion slots. However, all the PCIe slots function only in the dual-processor configuration mode.
DL380P has the Extensive Management Firmware:
Extensive Management Engine by HPE handles the complexities and mishaps. A standard set of features or rules comes equipped with this management engine integrated into this ProLiant DL380p G8 server. Moreover, it is backed up by the Integrated Lights Out (iLO 4.0) on-board, which reduces the response time and resolves the problems as fast as it can. Another Smart Update from the HPE quickly reduces the deployment time by updating the server infrastructure.
Why buy from ALLHDD?ALLHDD got your back covered when it comes to updated server and networking infrastructure. We have covered all the HPE ProLiant DL380p Gen8 range, an intelligent array module with better cooling, a temperature-controlled mechanism, and improved performance. When buying from ALLHDD you get free ground shipping to 48 states, and you can claim a 2.5% discount on the checkout as well.
Here, you can check more available conditions of your desired product 642105-001 at a competitive price. We are trying our best to meet your needs on the enterprise-level computer, server, data centre, and networking hardware. You are welcome to ask our live chat or get live representative support over the phone.
Other Available Conditions for this Part
Other Available Categories For - Server - ProLiant DL380P
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.