Main Information of HPE 789883-001 12GB SAS Controller
- HPE 789883-001 Smart Array P542D/2GB FBWC 12Gb PCI-E 3.0 x8 4-Port Mezzanine SAS (RAID) Controller for Synergy 480/620/660/680 Compute Modules
- Brand Name: HPE
- Model Number or SKU# 789883-001
- Device Type: Storage controller plug in card
- Host Bus: PCIE 3.0 x8
- Form Factor: Mezzanine Card
- Supported Disk Enclosure: HPE Synergy D3940 Storage Modules
Storage Controller of HPE 789883-001 PCI-E
- Controller Model: P542D
- Cache (Buffer): 2 GB Flash-Backed Write Cache (FBWC)
- Internal (SAS/SATA) Ports: 8 Physical Links Across 2 x4 Ports
- External (SAS/SATA) Ports: 8 Physical Links Across 2 x4 Ports
- Data Backup Type: Flash Backed Cache
- Data Transfer Rate: 12Gb/s SAS per Physical Link, 6Gb/s SATA per Physical Link (PCI Express Gen3 x8 Link Width)
- Maximum LUNs: 64
- RAID Supported: Yes
- RAID Level: RAID 0, RAID 1, RAID 5, RAID 6, RAID 10, RAID 50, RAID 60, RAID 1 ADM, RAID 10 ADM
- Additional Features: HPE SmartCache (Optional License), HPE Secure Encryption (Optional License)
- Supported Devices: Hard Drive, Disk Array (RAID)
Expansion & Connectivity of HPE Smart Array
- Interfaces: SATA 6Gb/s / SAS 12Gb/s (Internal)
Compatibility of HPE Mezzanine Card
- HPE Synergy 480 Gen9 Base Compute Module, 480 Gen9 Compute Module, 480 Gen9 Entry Compute Module, 480 Gen9 Performance Compute Module, 480 Gen9 Premium Compute Module, 620 Gen9 Base Compute Module, 620 Gen9 Compute Module, 620 Gen9 Entry Compute Module, 620 Gen9 Performance Compute Module, 620 Gen9 Premium Compute Module, 660 Gen9 Base Compute Module, 660 Gen9 Compute Module, 660 Gen9 Entry Compute Module, 660 Gen9 Performance Compute Module, 660 Gen9 Premium Compute Module, 680 Gen9 Base Compute Module, 680 Gen9 Compute Module, 680 Gen9 Entry Compute Module, 680 Gen9 Performance Compute Module, 680 Gen9 Premium Compute Module
Contact us or ask for live chat/help if you have any questions about the compatibility of this item to ensure the model's matching features with your current system.
About New Bulk Pack Products
Controller - SAS Controller
A SAS controller is an incredibly vital addition to your device's hardware makeup. A SAS card allows you to seamlessly employ the use of SATA drives to expand your device's storage capacity and the best part - it is unbelievably cost-effective.
If you are on the lookout for the best SAS controller for PC, then you are definitely in good company. Our store sells only the best SATA drives, SAS RAID controller cards, SAS expanders, and SAS controller cards for your high-performance computing needs.
Stick with us, and check out our other product listings for more.
SAS Controller - What Is It?
A SAS controller has a similar infrastructure and shares quite a number of features with the SATA hard drive. You can plug a SATA drive into your SAS controller, but on the other hand, you cannot do the opposite with your SAS drives.
In comparison, SAS drives far outmatch the performance of SATA drives. Furthermore, unlike the design of SATA drives, SAS drives can withstand the rigor of 24/7 usage.
SATA vs. SAS controller cards
The SATA interface has simplified the process of choosing a new hard drive for your computer. The SATA interface lets you simply plug in a device to gain access to extra storage.
The SAS controller, on the other hand, may just be the next improvement to the SATA interface. SAS (meaning Serial Attached SCSI), is notably known to perform significantly faster than a SATA controller. And more recent versions of the SAS controllers support up to twice the transfer speed of the SATA controller with transfer speeds of up to 12 gigabits per second.
SAS controller cards are also full-duplex; this means that a SAS controller can both send and receive data at full speeds at the same time. The SATA controller on the other hand can only communicate data in one direction at a time.
Popular SAS Controller Cards and Accessories
- MSA 2000 Series: The MSA Recovery manager (RM) software allows you to have total control over creating application-specific snapshots. Browse through our array of top-notch MSA 2000 Series SAS controller cards, and you will definitely find the right one for you.
- Host Bus Adapter: Commonly called a host controller or host adapter, a host bus adapter (HBA) primarily functions as the host system for other network and storage devices. Our collection of Host Bus Adapters makes working with hardware very easy. No longer do you have to spend countless hours engaging in the business of working with outdated and cumbersome adapters.
- 12 GB: Check out our collection of durable and reliable 12GB SAS controller cards. They offer you a promise of great performance and seamless delivery for your computer.
- PCI-E: This important piece of hardware serves as the point of connection between your computer's external components, and the primary circuit board. The Peripheral Component Interconnect (PCI) is well-known because it is probably the easiest way to add devices such as a SAS controller into your device's primary circuit board.
- EqualLogic: We make a point to stock the best EqualLogic products. EqualLogic products are storage area systems with an iSCSI base.
- Smart Array: Our store carries only the best Smart Array controllers that allow you to work with a great number of drives.
- Storage controller: Effortlessly control the storage arrays with our range of storage controllers. Storage controllers are also commonly known as storage processors or array controllers.
- RAID controller: Sometimes referred to as a RAID controller, disk array controllers function primarily to manage the physical disk drives on your and present them as logical units of information to the computer. Shop our collection of RAID controllers now.
- 6 GB: Go through our list of durable, and reliable 6GB SAS controller cards. They offer you a promise of great performance and seamless delivery for your server or desktop PC.
Shop with us today for quality products at unbeatable prices.