Features and Benefits of HPE Smart Array P408I-A SR
The 871040-001 HPE Smart Array P408I-A SR 12GBPS SAS Modular LH Controller offers the following features and benefits:
- High performance: The 12G SAS interface provides faster data transfer rates and reduces latency, delivering higher performance than previous generation controllers.
- Scalability: The modular design allows for expansion and scalability, providing support for up to 24 SAS or SATA drives.
- Flexibility: The controller offers a range of deployment options, including RAID 0, 1, 5, 6, 10, 50, and 60, and supports multiple RAID levels on the same set of drives.
- Easy management: The controller is managed through the HPE Smart Storage Administrator (SSA), which provides a web-based interface for easy configuration and management of the storage environment.
- Enhanced data protection: Advanced features such as predictive spare activation and drive pre-failure warnings help to protect against data loss and downtime.
- High availability: The controller offers redundant paths to the drives, as well as support for HPE Smart Battery technology and HPE Secure Encryption, which enhance data availability and security.
- Energy efficiency: The controller includes energy-efficient features such as Dynamic Power Capping, which enables the controller to automatically adjust power consumption based on workload demands.
Supported RAID Levels of the HPE Smart Array P408I-A SR Controller
The HPE Smart Array P408I-A SR 12GBPS SAS Modular LH Controller (part number 871040-001) supports the following RAID levels:
- RAID 0 (Striping)
- RAID 1 (Mirroring)
- RAID 5 (Distributed Parity)
- RAID 6 (Double Parity)
- RAID 10 (Striped Mirrors)
- RAID 50 (Striped Parity)
- RAID 60 (Striped Double Parity)
Management and Configuration Tools for the HPE Smart Array
There are several management and configuration tools that can be used for the 871040-001 HPE Smart Array P408I-A SR 12GBPS SAS Modular LH Controller, including:
- HPE Smart Storage Administrator (SSA): This is a web-based tool that provides an easy-to-use interface for configuring and managing HPE Smart Array controllers and storage.
- HPE System Management Homepage (SMH): This tool provides a comprehensive overview of the health, performance, and configuration of HPE ProLiant servers, including the 871040-001 HPE Smart Array P408I-A SR 12GBPS SAS Modular LH Controller.
- HPE Array Configuration Utility (ACU): This is a graphical user interface that provides a centralized management solution for HPE Smart Array controllers and storage. It enables administrators to easily configure, manage, and diagnose storage systems.
- HPE Intelligent Provisioning: This is a pre-installed tool that provides a streamlined and automated method for setting up and deploying HPE ProLiant servers. It can also be used to manage the 871040-001 HPE Smart Array P408I-A SR 12GBPS SAS Modular LH Controller.
- HPE iLO: This is an integrated Lights-Out management tool that provides remote management capabilities for HPE ProLiant servers, including the 871040-001 HPE Smart Array P408I-A SR 12GBPS SAS Modular LH Controller.
General Information about this HPE 871040-001
- Manufacturer: HPE
- Part Number or SKU# 871040-001
- Product Type: Controller
- Sub Type: Smart Array Controller
Technical Information for SAS-SATA Controller
- Interface: 6GB/S SATA / 12GB/S SAS
- PCI Express 3.0 X8 Lane Width
- Form Factor Type-A Modular Controller
- Ports Internal: 8 SAS Lanes Across 2 X4 Mini-SAS Ports
- Cache 2 GB Flash-Backed Write Cache
Compatibility Information of Smart Array Controller
- HPE Apollo Series: 4200 Gen10, 4200 Gen10 384TB 25Gb Capacity Server for Cohesity DataPlatform, 4200 Gen10 384TB Capacity Server for Cohesity DataPlatform, 4200 Gen10 for HPE Ezmeral Container Platform, 4200 Gen10 for HPE Ezmeral Tracking
- HPE Nimble Storage dHCI Large Solution with HPE ProLiant DL380 Gen10, Medium Solution with HPE ProLiant DL360 Gen10, Small Solution with HPE ProLiant DL360 Gen10
- HPE ProLiant DL Series: DL160 Gen10, DL160 Gen10 Base, DL160 Gen10 Entry, DL160 Gen10 SMB, DL20 Gen10, DL20 Gen10 Entry, DL20 Gen10 Performance, DL20 Gen10 solution, DL325 Gen10 Base, DL325 Gen10 Plus V2 Base, DL325 Gen10 Solution, DL360 Gen10, DL360 Gen10 All Flash Server for Weka, DL360 Gen10 Base, DL360 Gen10 Compute Server for Cohesity DataPlatform, DL360 Gen10 Entry, DL360 Gen10 High Performance, DL360 Gen10 Low, DL360 Gen10 Network Choice, DL360 Gen10 Performance, DL360 Gen10 Performance for Cohesity DataPlatform, DL360 Gen10 Plus, DL360 Gen10 Plus Network Choice, DL360 Gen10 SMB, DL360 Gen10 SMB Network Choice, DL360 Gen10 Solution, DL365 Gen10 Plus, DL380 Gen10, DL380 Gen10 48TB Server for Cohesity DataPlatform, DL380 Gen10 96TB Server for Cohesity DataPlatform, DL380 Gen10 All Flash Server for Datera, DL380 Gen10 Base, DL380 Gen10 Entry, DL380 Gen10 Entry SMB, DL380 Gen10 for Cohesity DataPlatform, DL380 Gen10 for SAP HANA Compute Block, DL380 Gen10 High Performance, DL380 Gen10 Hybrid Server for Datera, DL380 Gen10 Network Choice, DL380 Gen10 Network Choice for CTERA, DL380 Gen10 NVMe All Flash Server for Datera, DL380 Gen10 Performance, DL380 Gen10 Server for CTERA, DL380 Gen10 SMB, DL380 Gen10 SMB Networking Choice, DL380 Gen10 Solution, DL388 Gen10 Network Choice
- Contact us with any questions or to verify this model's compatibility with your current server or storage array.
Contact us or ask for live chat/help if you have any questions about the compatibility of this item to ensure the model's matching features with your current system.
About New Bulk Pack Products
Here, you can check more available conditions of your desired product 871040-001 at a competitive price. We are trying our best to meet your needs on the enterprise-level computer, server, data centre, and networking hardware. You are welcome to ask our live chat or get live representative support over the phone.
Other Available Conditions for this Part
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.