Maximizing the Performance
The AIR-ANT2413P2M-N Cisco Aironet 2.4-GHz 13-dBi Directional Antenna is designed to provide increased coverage and signal strength in a specific direction. To maximize its performance, there are several factors to consider:
- Mounting location and orientation: The antenna should be mounted in a location that provides an unobstructed line-of-sight to the area that needs coverage. It should also be oriented in the direction of the desired coverage area.
- Height above ground: The higher the antenna is mounted above the ground, the greater its range and coverage area. However, mounting the antenna too high can result in signal loss due to cable attenuation.
- Cable length and quality: The length and quality of the cable connecting the antenna to the access point or wireless bridge can affect the signal strength and performance of the antenna. It is recommended to use high-quality, low-loss cables to minimize signal loss.
- Interference: Interference from other wireless devices or sources can reduce the signal strength and performance of the antenna. It is important to perform a site survey to identify potential sources of interference and select a channel with the least interference.
- Antenna alignment: The antenna should be carefully aligned to ensure optimal signal strength and coverage in the desired direction. This can be done using a signal strength meter or by using the access point's built-in signal strength measurement tools.
Antenna Polarization and Its Impact on Signal Quality
Antenna polarization refers to the orientation of the electric field of the radio waves that are transmitted or received by an antenna. The polarization of an antenna can be vertical, horizontal, or circular. The polarization of the antenna must match the polarization of the signal that is being transmitted or received to achieve the maximum signal strength and quality.
The Cisco Aironet 2.4-GHz 13-dBi directional antenna has a dual-polarization design, which means that it can transmit and receive signals with both horizontal and vertical polarizations. This feature allows the antenna to be more versatile and adaptable to different environments and applications.
The impact of antenna polarization on signal quality can be significant. If the polarization of the antenna and the signal is mismatched, the signal strength and quality will be reduced. This can result in lower data rates, increased errors, and a weaker signal that is more susceptible to interference.
In general, it is recommended to use antennas with the same polarization as the signal being transmitted or received to achieve the best possible signal quality. However, in some situations, using antennas with different polarizations can be advantageous, such as in environments with multiple reflections or when trying to minimize interference.
Interference and Noise Reduction Techniques
Interference and noise are two common problems that can affect the performance of wireless networks, including the Cisco Aironet 2.4-GHz 13-dBi directional antenna. To address these issues, several interference and noise reduction techniques are used, including:
- Directionality: The AIR-ANT2413P2M-N antenna is designed to be highly directional, which means it focuses its signal in a specific direction and reduces interference from other directions. This improves the signal-to-noise ratio and helps to reduce interference from other wireless networks operating on the same frequency.
- Filtering: The antenna may include built-in filters that help to reduce interference from other signals in the same frequency range. These filters can be designed to block specific types of interference, such as noise from electronic devices or signals from other wireless networks.
- Polarization: The antenna may use polarization techniques to reduce interference. For example, circular polarization can help to reduce the effect of multi-path interference, which is caused by signals bouncing off obstacles and arriving at the receiver from different directions.
- Amplification: The antenna may include built-in amplifiers to boost the signal strength and overcome noise and interference. This can improve the range and reliability of the wireless network, especially in areas with high levels of interference.
- Channel selection: The wireless network can be configured to operate on a specific channel that has less interference from other networks or electronic devices. This can help to reduce the impact of interference on the performance of the network.
Key Feature about this Cisco AIR-ANT2413P2M-N
- Manufacturer Cisco
- Part Number or SKU# AIR-ANT2413P2M-N
- Product Line: Aironet
- Product Name: Aironet 2.4-GHz 13-dBi Directional Antenna
- Product Type: Antenna
Technical Information of Cisco Directional Antenna
- Directivity: Directional
- Frequency Band Type: UHF
- Operating Frequency Range: 2400 MHz to 2500 MHz
- Antenna Gain (Isotropic): 13 dBi
Interfaces/Ports of Cisco Antenna
- Connector Type: N-Type
- USB: No
Dimension and Weight
- Form Factor: Pole/Wall
- Height 1.20 Inch
- Width 7.80 Inch
- Depth 7.80 Inch
- Weight (Approximate) 1.35 lbs
- Application/Usage: Wireless Data Network
- Application/Usage: Outdoor
- Package Contents:
- Aironet 2.4-GHz 13-dBi Directional Antenna
- Antenna Mount Bracket
- Elevation Adjustable Bracket
- Azimuth Adjustable Bracket
- 4 x 1/4-in. 20x3/4 Carriage Bolts
- 6 x 1/4-in. 20 Hex Nuts
- 6 x 1/4-in. 20 Spring Lock Washers
- 6 x 1/4-in. 20 Flat Washers
- 2 x Pipe Clamps
- Cisco Aironet Wireless Access Points
- Cisco Aironet Bridges
About Refurbished Products
A wireless network connection allows users to connect their server, computer, or mobile phone networks without the use of any kind of wire cables.
Using a wireless network, enterprises and private owners are able to avoid the expensive and strenuous process of installing cables. There is no need for wired devices between equipment in different locations and into the buildings.
Wireless network router, for example, allows for simultaneous connection sharing between various wireless accessories for a better performance experience. Wireless networks make use of radio waves to allow devices to connect. They can connect devices such as laptops, mobile phones, and smart televisions to the internet or other applications.
When users have their wireless devices connected to Wi-Fi hotspots in public places, the connection remains established to that particular business network. While installing a new wireless networking device in homes or offices, users must consider several things. One of the most important ones is the unit's compatibility with other wireless accessories
Wireless Networking Devices
Fast and reliable internet connectivity is guaranteed when users pick the right set of networking devices for home and office networks. Wireless devices come in different varieties. These different types of networking devices only function to suit users' connectivity requirements. Wireless routers connect devices to the internet for high-quality streaming and surfing. They also improve users' streaming experience and other internet activities.
In most cases, wireless networking devices help users get their work done easily with lesser stress. They ensure fast and reliable internet connectivity at all times.
You can choose the right device for your needs from a wide selection of AllHDD wireless devices. We have new and refurbished devices like 1 to 8-port interface cards, external 3G and 4G modems, wireless access points with the speed range from 11MBps up to 5.2GBps and everything in between.
Main Types of Wireless Networks
There are four main types of wireless networks:
Wireless Local Area Network (LAN)
This type of network links two or more devices using a wireless connection method. It provides a connection via access points to a wider internet. Wi-Fi is the most commonly known and used wireless LAN type.
A local-area network is one that exists at a single location—an office building, for instance. LANs can be used to connect a wide array of accessories, such as scanners, printers, and even data storage devices.
The known components of LANs include switches, access points, routers, firewalls, and Ethernet cables.
Wireless Metropolitan Area Networks (MAN)
A metropolitan-area network is one that spreads across a city, small geographical area, business area, or even college campuses. One distinguishing factor that differentiates MANs from LAN is the coverage capacity or size. LANs usually provide a network for a building or specific area.
While MANs, on the other hand, covers several square miles depending on the desires and requirements of the organization using it. Large scale companies often obtain MANs to level up with their needs.
This happens most especially in situations whereby a company has a spacious organization. Then, they have the need to manage important components such as climate control and electrical systems.
Wireless Wide Area Network (WAN)
A wide-area network covers an incredibly vast area. It can be a whole city, an entire state, or even a country. The internet everyone uses today is an apt example of WAN access. Just like the internet, a WAN consists of smaller networks, such as the LANs or MANs.
The cellular service we get on our mobile devices today is the most commonly known example of wireless Wide Area Networks. It is always available everywhere we go within the country.
Wireless Personal Area Network (PAN)
Personal-area networks consist of a network mainly concentrated around the devices of a single person in a particular location.
A PAN could have a mobile phone, computers, video game consoles, or other auxiliary devices. They are regular home devices and small office devices. A well-known example of a wireless PAN is Bluetooth.
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.