RAID Configuration Options
RAID (Redundant Array of Independent Disks) is a technology used to increase the performance, reliability, and fault tolerance of storage systems. There are different RAID configurations available, each with its own advantages and disadvantages. Here are some of the most common RAID configurations:
- RAID 0: This configuration is also known as striping. It splits data across multiple disks, which allows for faster read and write speeds. However, there is no redundancy, so if one disk fails, all data on that disk is lost.
- RAID 1: This configuration is also known as mirroring. It creates a copy of the data on one disk to another disk. This provides redundancy and fault tolerance, but at the cost of lower storage capacity.
- RAID 5: This configuration uses striping with parity. It distributes data and parity information across multiple disks. If one disk fails, the data can be rebuilt from the parity information. However, the rebuild process can be time-consuming, and there is a risk of data loss if a second disk fails during the rebuild.
- RAID 6: This configuration is similar to RAID 5, but with an additional parity block. This provides greater fault tolerance, as two disks can fail without data loss. However, it requires more disk space for parity information.
- RAID 10: This configuration combines RAID 1 and RAID 0. It creates multiple mirrored pairs of disks and then stripes the data across them. This provides both redundancy and speed, but at the cost of higher disk usage.
The choice of RAID configuration depends on factors such as performance requirements, data protection needs, and available storage capacity. It's important to carefully consider the options and choose the configuration that best meets your specific needs.
Energy Efficiency and Environmental Impact
Energy efficiency and environmental impact are important considerations for hard drives, as they can have a significant impact on both operating costs and the environment. Here are some factors to consider:
- Power Consumption: Hard drives consume varying amounts of power depending on their make and model. Energy-efficient hard drives use less power and generate less heat, which can lower cooling costs.
- Idle Power Management: Some hard drives have features that reduce power consumption when the drive is idle, such as spinning down the disks or entering a low-power mode. These features can significantly reduce energy consumption.
- Material and Manufacturing: The materials and manufacturing processes used to create hard drives can have a significant environmental impact. Some manufacturers use environmentally friendly materials and processes to reduce their carbon footprint.
- End-of-Life Disposal: Hard drives contain hazardous materials such as lead and mercury, which can be harmful to the environment if not disposed of properly. It's important to recycle or dispose of hard drives in an environmentally responsible manner.
- Certification: Some hard drives are certified by organizations such as Energy Star, which indicates that they meet energy efficiency guidelines and standards.
By choosing an energy-efficient hard drive and properly disposing of old drives, you can reduce your environmental impact and operating costs. Additionally, some organizations may have policies or regulations in place regarding energy efficiency and environmental impact, so it's important to be aware of these requirements when selecting hard drives for your system.
Capacity and Performance Considerations
When selecting a hard drive, there are several capacity and performance considerations that should be taken into account. Here are some of the key factors to consider:
- Capacity: Hard drive capacity refers to the amount of data that can be stored on the drive. The capacity of hard drives can range from a few gigabytes to several terabytes. It's important to select a drive with enough capacity to meet your current and future storage needs.
- Performance: Hard drive performance can be measured in several ways, including data transfer rate, seek time, and latency. A higher data transfer rate indicates faster read and write speeds, while a lower seek time and latency can lead to faster access to data.
- Interface: The interface used by the hard drive can impact its performance. Common interfaces include SATA, SAS, and Fibre Channel. SATA drives are typically used in desktop and consumer applications, while SAS and Fibre Channel drives are often used in enterprise applications.
- Cache: Hard drives may have a cache, or buffer, which temporarily stores data for faster access. A larger cache can improve performance, but may also increase cost.
- RAID Configuration: As mentioned earlier, the RAID configuration used can impact both capacity and performance. The choice of RAID configuration depends on the specific needs of the system.
- Workload: The workload of the system, including the types of applications and the amount of data being accessed, can impact the performance of the hard drive. It's important to consider the workload when selecting a hard drive to ensure it can handle the demands of the system.
By considering these capacity and performance factors, you can select a hard drive that meets your specific needs and provides optimal performance for your system.
- Brand: HP
- MPN: AJ872A
- Option Part Number: AJ872A
- Option Part Number: AJ872B
- Spare Part Number: 495808-001
- Model Number: BF600DAJZT
- Model Number: BF600DASTL
- Assembly Number: 495277-006
- Assembly Number: 531294-003
- SKU : AJ872A
- Device Type: Hard Drive - Hot-Swap
- Capacity: 600 GB
- Interface: 2/4 Gbps Fibre Channel - AL
- Form Factor: 2.5 inch Form Factor
- Features: Dual Port
- Spindle Speed: 15000 RPM
- External Data Transfer Rate: 2/4 Gbps
Expansion & Connectivity
- Interfaces: 1 x 2/4 Gbps FC-AL
- Compatible Bays: 2.5inch
Dimensions & Weight
- Width: 4.30 inch
- Depth: 7.40 inch
- Height: 1.10 inch
- Weight: 21.9 oz
- HPE StorageWorks M6412A Fibre Channel Drive Enclosure
- HPE StorageWorks Enterprise Virtual Array 4400, Enterprise Virtual Array 6400 and Enterprise Virtual Array 8400
About Refurbished Products
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.