Overview of the C7978A HP Ultrium LTO Tape Drive
The C7978A HP Ultrium LTO Tape Drive Cleaning Cartridge is a specially designed cleaning tape for use in HP Ultrium LTO tape drives. The cleaning cartridge is designed to remove debris, dust, and other contaminants from the tape drive's read and write heads, as well as other internal components. This helps to maintain the performance and reliability of the tape drive, and prolong its lifespan. The cleaning cartridge is easy to use and can be inserted into the tape drive just like a regular tape cartridge. Using the cleaning cartridge on a regular basis, as recommended by the manufacturer, can help ensure that the tape drive continues to function properly.
Features and Benefits of the Cleaning Cartridge
The C7978A HP Ultrium LTO Tape Drive Cleaning Cartridge has a number of features and benefits that make it an effective and convenient tool for maintaining the performance and reliability of HP Ultrium LTO tape drives. Some of the key features and benefits include:
- Effectiveness: The cleaning cartridge is specially designed to remove debris, dust, and other contaminants from the tape drive's read and write heads, as well as other internal components, ensuring that the tape drive continues to function properly.
- Convenience: The cleaning cartridge is easy to use and can be inserted into the tape drive just like a regular tape cartridge, making it convenient to use on a regular basis.
- Long-lasting: The cleaning cartridge can be used up to 20 times, ensuring that it lasts for a long time.
- Cost-effective: Using the cleaning cartridge on a regular basis, as recommended by the manufacturer, can help prolong the lifespan of the tape drive and reduce the need for costly repairs or replacements.
- Versatile: The C7978A is compatible with HP Ultrium LTO-1, LTO-2, LTO-3, LTO-4, LTO-5, LTO-6, LTO-7, LTO-8, and LTO-9 tape drives.
- Recommended by manufacturer: HP recommends the use of the C7978A cleaning cartridge to maintain the performance and reliability of their Ultrium LTO tape drives.
How to Use the Cleaning Cartridge in an HP Ultrium LTO Tape Drive
Using the C7978A HP Ultrium LTO Tape Drive Cleaning Cartridge in an HP Ultrium LTO tape drive is a simple process that can be done in a few easy steps. Here is a general overview of how to use the cleaning cartridge:
- Turn off the tape drive: Before inserting the cleaning cartridge, make sure that the tape drive is turned off and unplugged from the power source.
- Open the tape drive: Open the tape drive by releasing the latch or pressing the button on the front panel, depending on the model of the tape drive.
- Insert the cleaning cartridge: Gently insert the cleaning cartridge into the tape drive with the label facing up. Make sure that the cleaning cartridge is fully inserted and seated in the tape drive.
- Close the tape drive: Close the tape drive by pressing the latch or button, depending on the model of the tape drive.
- Turn on the tape drive: Turn on the tape drive and wait for it to complete the cleaning process. This process can take a few minutes.
- Remove the cleaning cartridge: Once the cleaning process is complete, turn off the tape drive and open it to remove the cleaning cartridge.
- Store the cleaning cartridge: Keep the cleaning cartridge in a cool, dry place, and make sure it is protected from dust and debris.
About New Bulk Pack Products
If your company has a large amount of data that needs to be securely protected offline as tape media, then this is the place to be. Here on allhdd.com, you find top-of-the-class tape storage devices to suit your needs. Tape drives remain one of the best backup and archival mediums to keep important files safe for an extended period. Our categories of drives for tape media include, 5-10GB SLR-MLR, 4-8GB SLR-MLR, Cartridge SDLT, 160-320GB SDLT, Cartridge LTO, Bar Code Ultr 6, 1.5TB-3.0TB LTO Ultr 5, Bar Code LTO Ultr 5, 400-800GB LTO Ultr 3, Bar Code LTO Ultr 4, 800GB-1.6TB LTO Ultr 4, 200-400GB LTO Ultr 2, 100-200GB LTO Ultr 1, 300GB Half Inch, Cartridge Half Inch, 40-80GB DLT, 80-160GB DLT, 36-72GB DDS-DAT, Cleaning Cartridge, 12-24GB Tape, Others, Cartridge LTO, 2.5TB-6.25TB Ultr 6, 4MM TAPE - 80GB-160GB,and 2.5TB-6.25TB Lto Ultrium-6. You can count on us to deliver quality products from leading brands at pocket-friendly prices.
A data storage device that uses magnetic tape to read and write data is called a tape drive. For offline and archival data storage purposes, magnetic tape data storage comes out most-preferred among storage mediums. Tape media commonly possess favorable unit cost and high archival durability. According to some manufacturers, tape storage can last up to 30 years. However, LTO tapes are susceptible to storage conditions. Thus, you can count on the 30-year life-span if you deploy the drives in ideal storage conditions, including a constant temperature of approximately 70°F and 40% relative humidity.
A tape library in data storage is a collection of tape drives and magnetic tape cartridges. A tape library (in some cases) is home to hundreds or even thousands of tape drives and cartridges. In the library, there are multiple tapes for data reading and writing. Also, you'll find enclosures for mounting and unmounting cartridges, barcodes, and access ports for entering and removing tapes.
What is Linear Tape Open (LTO)?
Linear Tape Open (LTO), otherwise called the LTO Ultrium format, is a sturdy, scalable, versatile open tape format developed for maximum storage density, high capacity, and top performance. It is the most successful tape format ever made with over 5.6 million drives, 370,870 Billion GB of media capacity, and 351,732,245 cartridges sold.
Advantages of Magnetic Tape Drive Media
Magnetic tape drive media comes with many more benefits than other storage mediums; here is a handful of them.
High Capacity and Flexibility
The recording density of magnetic tape remains on the rise, and there has been confirmation of next-generation technologies— a feature that has almost reached its limits in hard disks. By making the tape longer and thinner, you can increase the capacity of the tape drive.
A Perfect Long-term Storage Solution
As mentioned earlier, magnetic tape drives can last up to 30 years, while hard disks can only manage a few years. With lower failure and error rates, it remains the best platform for storing data for longer periods.
With the magnetic tape media, the problems of hacking, theft, and blackouts are wholly erased as the tape stores its data offline.
Allhdd.com is home to all your tape media and storage needs. Kindly browse through the categories to pick an item.
Here, you can check more available conditions of your desired product C7978A at a competitive price. We are trying our best to meet your needs on the enterprise-level computer, server, data centre, and networking hardware. You are welcome to ask our live chat or get live representative support over the phone.
Other Available Conditions for this Part
Other Available Categories For - Tape Drive - Tape Media
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.