Advantages of Active Optical Cables
Active Optical Cables (AOCs) have several advantages over traditional copper cables, such as the CAB-MIC-EXT-J Cisco 29.53 Feet Microphone Extension Cable. Some of the key advantages of AOCs include:
- Longer Transmission Distance: AOCs can transmit data over longer distances than copper cables. This is because AOCs use optical fibers to transmit data, which are not affected by electromagnetic interference or signal attenuation in the same way that copper cables are. As a result, AOCs can transmit data over longer distances without loss of signal quality.
- Higher Bandwidth: AOCs are capable of transmitting data at much higher bandwidths than copper cables. This is because optical fibers have a much higher frequency response than copper cables, allowing for faster and more efficient data transmission.
- Lower Power Consumption: AOCs use less power than copper cables, making them more energy-efficient. This is because AOCs do not require active components to boost the signal, as copper cables do.
- Lightweight and Flexible: AOCs are typically lighter and more flexible than copper cables, making them easier to install and maneuver. This is particularly useful in situations where cables need to be routed through tight spaces or around obstacles.
- Immune to Electromagnetic Interference: AOCs are not affected by electromagnetic interference, making them ideal for use in environments where there is a lot of electrical noise or interference.
The CAB-MIC-EXT-J Cisco 29.53 Feet Microphone Extension Cable is designed to extend the reach of microphones in various scenarios. Some of the deployment scenarios where this cable can be used include:
- Conference Rooms: In larger conference rooms, microphones need to be placed far from the audio equipment to capture audio from participants. The CAB-MIC-EXT-J can be used to extend the reach of microphones to cover larger areas and ensure that all participants are heard clearly.
- Lecture Halls: Lecture halls and classrooms may also require microphones to be placed far away from audio equipment. The CAB-MIC-EXT-J can be used to extend the reach of microphones to ensure that the lecturer's voice is clear and audible to all students.
- Performance Venues: In performance venues such as theaters and concert halls, microphones are often positioned far away from the audio equipment to capture the audio from performers on stage. The CAB-MIC-EXT-J can be used to extend the reach of microphones and ensure that the audio is of high quality and clarity.
- Large Venues: In large venues such as sports stadiums, microphones may need to be placed far away from the audio equipment to capture audio from commentators or announcements. The CAB-MIC-EXT-J can be used to extend the reach of microphones to cover larger areas and ensure that all announcements are heard clearly.
- Video Production: In video production scenarios, microphones are often placed far away from the camera to capture audio from subjects on screen. The CAB-MIC-EXT-J can be used to extend the reach of microphones to ensure that the audio is of high quality and clarity.
Troubleshooting Common Issues
Here are some common issues that can occur with the CAB-MIC-EXT-J Cisco 29.53 Feet Microphone Extension Cable and some troubleshooting steps to address them:
- No Audio: If there is no audio coming through the cable, first check to ensure that the cable is properly connected and that both ends are securely plugged in. Additionally, check that the microphone is turned on and properly configured.
- Low Volume: If the audio is coming through the cable but the volume is too low, check the volume settings on both the microphone and the audio equipment. If the volume is still low, try moving the microphone closer to the source of the sound.
- Static or Interference: If there is static or interference in the audio, check the cable for damage or kinks that could be causing signal degradation. Additionally, ensure that the cable is not placed near any sources of electromagnetic interference, such as other cables or electrical equipment.
- Intermittent Audio: If the audio is cutting in and out, check the cable for damage or kinks that could be causing signal degradation. Additionally, ensure that the cable is not being moved or jostled during use, as this can also cause intermittent audio.
- Feedback or Echo: If there is feedback or echo in the audio, check the microphone placement and ensure that it is not too close to speakers or other sources of sound. Additionally, adjust the microphone and audio equipment settings to reduce the likelihood of feedback or echo.
- Manufacturer Cisco Systems, Inc
- Manufacturer Part Number CAB-MIC-EXT-J
- Brand Name Cisco
- Product Name Mini-phone Audio Cable
- Product Type Audio Cable
- Cable Type Mini-phone
- Cable Characteristic Extension Cable
- Cable Length 29.53 ft
- Connector Type on First End Mini-phone Audio - Male
- Connector on First End Details 1 x Mini-phone Audio - Male
- Connector Type on Second End Mini-phone Audio - Female
- Connector on Second End Details 1 x Mini-phone Audio - Female
- Device Supported Microphone
- Device Supported Audio Device
Audio signals, just like any other electrical signal, travel in wires. Wires designed for this purpose have specific characteristics that prevent signal distortion. But why do you need audio extension cables? In many cases, the microphone and the amplifier system are not placed side by side. That is not the case when you use your earphone to make or receive calls. But areas, where there is a need for remote control or communication, such as audio recording studios and industries, a microphone extension cable is not optional.
What to Look for In a Microphone Extension Cable
The number one property that people will ask for when shopping for an extension cable is the length. This is a physically visible parameter that gives you no problem identifying. But we also have electrical characteristics that we should also consider when buying audio extension cables. First, get to know the length of the cable you need. At ALLHDD, we have 30 feet and 33 feet microphone extension cables to choose from.
Next, you need to consider the cost of the cable. What we can say is, do not go for very cheap cables because they are likely to fail after a few days of use. Overpriced extension cables might not also be worth it in your situation. They have the best performance, yes, but the difference is not usually worth the escalated cost.
Shielded Microphone Cable
Every manufacturer knows that microphone extension cables should be shielded against interference by magnetic and electric waves. Believe it or not, we are walking through a sea of electromagnetic waves, and these can be picked up by an extension cable as stray signals. When that happens, there will be a loss in signal quality. Most high-end cables use braided shielding, but you can find cheaper options such as serve and foil shielding.
Impact Absorption Property
There is no doubt that your microphone extension cables can suffer from the triboelectric effect. Depending on the application, that might not be desired and need to be eliminated. This effect causes a slapping sound, usually when the cable is stepped on or has suddenly been dropped. Buying a quality cable that is impact-proof is the best option.Buy a Cisco microphone extension cable designed to meet your specific requirements. ALLHDD stocks cables that have been tested and proven to meet the industry standards. Contact us for more information about our cable specifications, and our technical team will get back to you.
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.