Network Management and Security
The Cisco 350 CBS350-24P-4X is a 24-port managed Layer 2 Ethernet switch that can be used to build a secure and reliable network infrastructure. Some of the key features of this switch include:
- VLAN support: Allows for the creation of multiple virtual networks on a single physical infrastructure, increasing network segmentation and security.
- Quality of Service (QoS): Prioritizes network traffic to ensure that critical applications receive the bandwidth they need.
- Link Aggregation Control Protocol (LACP): Allows for the grouping of multiple physical ports to form a single logical link, providing increased bandwidth and redundancy.
- Access Control Lists (ACLs): Can be used to restrict access to specific network resources based on predefined rules.
- Network Security: Provides features such as DHCP snooping, IP Source Guard and Storm Control to prevent malicious network activities.
Additionally, the switch can be managed using a web-based interface, SNMP or telnet/SSH, allowing for easy monitoring and configuration of the network.
Maximizing Network Performance
There are several ways to maximize network performance on the Cisco 350 CBS350-24P-4X 24-port managed Layer 2 Ethernet switch:
- Utilize Quality of Service (QoS) features: Prioritize network traffic to ensure that critical applications receive the bandwidth they need. This can be done by configuring different levels of priority for different types of traffic.
- Use Link Aggregation Control Protocol (LACP) to group multiple physical ports together: This creates a single logical link, providing increased bandwidth and redundancy.
- Configure VLANs: VLANs allow for the creation of multiple virtual networks on a single physical infrastructure, increasing network segmentation and security.
- Utilize Port-based or 802.1Q VLAN tagging: This allows for traffic to be segregated by different VLANs on the same physical interface
- Monitor the network: Regularly monitor the network for any bottlenecks or performance issues using the switch's built-in monitoring tools.
- Utilize Jumbo frames: Jumbo frames can be used to increase the maximum transmission unit (MTU) size and thus increase the amount of data that can be sent in a single packet, which can increase the performance for certain types of traffic such as large file transfers.
- Firmware updates: Keep the switch firmware up-to-date to ensure that it has the latest features and bug fixes that can improve performance.
- Keep an eye on the network utilization and adjust the switch configuration accordingly. This could include configuring Port-based or 802.1Q VLAN tagging, enabling QoS, or making other changes to the switch configuration to optimize performance.
The Cisco 350 CBS350-24P-4X 24-port manageable Layer 2 Ethernet switch has a variety of networking capabilities that make it a suitable choice for building a reliable and secure network infrastructure. Some of these capabilities include:
- Spanning Tree Protocol (STP) and Rapid Spanning Tree Protocol (RSTP) : These protocols are used to prevent loops in the network and ensure that only one path between two nodes is used.
- Port mirroring: Allows for the monitoring of network traffic on one port to be mirrored to another port for analysis or troubleshooting.
- SNMP support: Allows for monitoring of network devices through SNMP.
- Web-based management interface: Provides an easy-to-use graphical interface for configuring and monitoring the switch.
- Telnet/SSH: Allows for remote management and configuration of the switch through a command-line interface.
- DHCP server and relay support: DHCP is used to assign IP addresses to devices on the network automatically.
- Flow Control : Allows for management of the flow of data packets in the network to prevent data loss.
- IGMP Snooping: Allows for multicast traffic to be efficiently forwarded only to the ports that have requested it.
- LLDP and CDP Support: Allows for discovery and identification of other devices on the network.
Key Feature about this Cisco CBS350-24P-4X
- Manufacturer Cisco
- Part Number or SKU# CBS350-24P-4X
- Product Series 350
- Product Name 350 CBS350-24P-4X Ethernet Switch
- Product Type Ethernet Switch
Interfaces/Ports of Cisco 24 Ports Switch
- Total Number of Network Ports 24
- Uplink Port Yes
- Modular Yes
- Port/Expansion Slot Details 4 x 10 Gigabit Ethernet Expansion Slot
- Port/Expansion Slot Details 24 x Gigabit Ethernet PoE+
Media & Performance of Cisco 350 Series Switch
- Media Type Supported Optical Fiber
- Media Type Supported Twisted Pair
- Ethernet Technology 10 Gigabit Ethernet
- Ethernet Technology Gigabit Ethernet
- Network Technology 1000Base-T
- Network Technology 10GBase-X
I/O Expansions of Cisco Ethernet Switch
- Number of Total Expansion Slots 4
- Expansion Slot Type SFP+
- Shared SFP Slot No
- Number of SFP+ Slots 4
Network & Communication
- Layer Supported 2
Management & Protocols
- Manageable Yes
- PoE (RJ-45) Port Yes
- PoE Budget 195 W
- Power Source Power Supply
- Power Source PoE+
- Power Consumption 34.53 W
Dimension and Weight
- Height 11.8 Inch
- Width 17.5 Inch
- Depth 1.7 Inch
- Weight (Approximate) 8.11 lbs
- Package Contents-
- 350 CBS350-24P-4X Ethernet Switch
- Power Cord
- Mounting Kit
- Quick Start Guide
- Environmentally Friendly Yes
- Environmental Certification WEEE
About Refurbished Products
Different Types of Switches
Networking switches vary widely depending on the number of devices they can support, network bandwidth/speed, and form factor. Switches for small offices will have anything between 4 and 8 ports and can fit on a desk. For larger office network implementation, switches may have 24 ports, 48 ports, 96 ports, and 128 ports and are rack-mountable between 1U and 4U. Switches come in different types depending on the network speed and tasks they support. These include 40/100 Gbps, 10 Gigabit (up to 10000 Mbps), Gigabit Ethernet (up to 1000 Mbps), Power over Ethernet, and Fast Ethernet (10/100 Mbps).
The unmanaged switches offer fixed configuration on a plug-and-play basis. It is the most basic switch and there are a few choices in the market. These switches are affordable, but the basic features make them inappropriate for enterprise applications.
The number of features and level of functionality improves with managed switches, making them ideal for enterprise and business applications. These switches are built with the command-line interface for ease of configuration. Equally, they support SNMP agents that come in handy when troubleshooting network issues.
The security on managed switches is better and will protect different types of traffic. Other features include support for virtual LANs, IP routing, and quality of service settings. Managed switches are more expensive compared to all other types of switches.
Smart switches refer to switches that possess more features than those of unmanaged switches but do not have the full features of managed switches. Smart switches are more cost-effective than managed switches.
Some of the limitations of the smart switches are a lack of telnet access support, Web GUIs, and a lack of many features for VLANs. They are affordable compared to a fully managed switch and are suitable for a smaller computer network.
Modular switches allow the addition of expansion modules as the network expands. The expansion modules allow for more networked devices but are application-specific. They may include wireless access points, firewalls, or network analysis tools. The flexibility of a modular networking switch comes at a higher cost.
Here, you can check more available conditions of your desired product CBS350-24P-4X at a competitive price. We are trying our best to meet your needs on the enterprise-level computer, server, data centre, and networking hardware. You are welcome to ask our live chat or get live representative support over the phone.
Other Available Conditions for this Part
Other Available Categories For - Networking - Switch
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.