Installation and configuration
The installation and configuration of the 10-3142-01 Cisco 100GBASE SR4 QSFP transceiver is a relatively straightforward process. Here are the general steps to follow:
- Check compatibility: Before installing the transceiver, ensure that it is compatible with the network device you intend to use it with. Check the device's user manual or consult with a network administrator to verify compatibility.
- Power off the device: Turn off the power to the network device where you intend to install the transceiver. This will prevent damage to the device and the transceiver.
- Insert the transceiver: Insert the transceiver into the QSFP port on the network device. Make sure the transceiver is inserted firmly and securely.
- Connect the fiber cables: Connect the appropriate fiber cables to the transceiver. Be sure to use the correct cable type and connector for your network setup.
- Power on the device: Turn on the power to the network device and wait for it to boot up.
- Verify connection: Use the device's management interface or specialized diagnostic software to verify that the transceiver is connected and functioning properly. Check the transceiver's power level, temperature, and other parameters to ensure optimal performance.
- Configure the device: If necessary, configure the network device to work with the transceiver. This may involve adjusting settings such as speed, duplex, and fiber type.
- Test the connection: Test the connection between the network device and the transceiver to ensure that data is being transmitted and received properly. Use a diagnostic tool or ping the device to verify connectivity.
Compatibility with Cisco Networking Devices
The 10-3142-01 Cisco 100GBASE SR4 QSFP transceiver is designed to be compatible with a wide range of Cisco network devices. Here are some of the compatible devices:
- Cisco Nexus 7000 Series Switches
- Cisco Nexus 9500 Series Switches
- Cisco Nexus 9000 Series Switches
- Cisco Catalyst 6800 Series Switches
- Cisco Catalyst 6500 Series Switches
- Cisco ASR 9000 Series Routers
- Cisco CRS Carrier Routing System
It is important to note that the 10-3142-01 transceiver may not be compatible with all devices in the above series. In addition, some network devices may require a software upgrade or specific configuration to work properly with the transceiver.
To ensure compatibility with your network device, it is recommended to check the device's user manual or consult with a network administrator. You can also use Cisco's online compatibility tool to verify compatibility with specific devices.
In addition to device compatibility, it is also important to use the correct fiber cable and connector for your network setup. The 10-3142-01 transceiver is designed to work with multi-mode fiber cables with an MPO connector, which is a type of high-density connector that can accommodate up to 12 fibers in a single connector.
Deployment and Configuration Guidelines
Deploying and configuring the 10-3142-01 Cisco 100GBASE SR4 QSFP transceiver requires following some general guidelines to ensure that the transceiver operates efficiently and reliably within the network. Here are some deployment and configuration guidelines:
- Ensure Compatibility: Verify the compatibility of the transceiver with your network device. The 10-3142-01 transceiver is designed to be used with a variety of Cisco devices, as previously mentioned.
- Proper Handling: Properly handle the transceiver to avoid damage during installation. Avoid touching the optical components with your fingers or other objects, and do not expose the transceiver to extreme temperature or humidity conditions.
- Installation: Install the transceiver into the appropriate QSFP port on the network device. Make sure the transceiver is firmly seated in the port.
- Fiber Cables: Connect the appropriate multi-mode fiber cables with MPO connectors to the transceiver.
- Configuration: Configure the network device to operate with the 10-3142-01 transceiver. This may involve configuring the speed, duplex, and other settings. Also, ensure that the device is running the latest firmware.
- Management: Monitor the transceiver and device through the device's management interface or specialized diagnostic software. This will allow you to ensure that the transceiver is operating within specified parameters, such as power level, temperature, and signal quality.
- Testing: Conduct appropriate testing to verify connectivity and performance between the device and the transceiver. For instance, use a diagnostic tool or ping the device to test connectivity.
- Troubleshooting: If issues arise, refer to the device's user manual or consult with a network administrator to troubleshoot and resolve the issue.
- Manufacturer: Cisco Systems, Inc
- Manufacturer Part Number: 10-3142-01
- Brand Name: Cisco
- Product Type: QSFP
- Application/Usage: Optical Network
- Application/Usage: Data Networking
- Interfaces/Ports Details: 1 x MPO 100GBase-SR4 Network
- :Media Type Supported: Optical Fiber
- Fiber Mode Supported: Multi-mode
- Ethernet Technology: 100 Gigabit Ethernet
- Network Technology: 100GBase-SR4
About Refurbished Products
Here, you can check more available conditions of your desired product 10-3142-01 at a competitive price. We are trying our best to meet your needs on the enterprise-level computer, server, data centre, and networking hardware. You are welcome to ask our live chat or get live representative support over the phone.
Other Available Conditions for this Part
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.