Introduction to the 15216-FLD-OSC
The Cisco ONS 15216 is a type of data multiplexer, which is a device that combines multiple digital signals into a single signal for transmission over a communication network. The 15216-FLD-OSC is a specific model within the ONS 15216 product line.
The 15216-FLD-OSC provides high-density optical-electrical-optical (OEO) conversions for point-to-point, ring, and mesh network configurations. This allows service providers to support a variety of different networking applications, including storage area networks (SANs), metropolitan area networks (MANs), and wide area networks (WANs).
The device is designed to be compact and flexible, making it suitable for use in both central office and remote terminal environments. It also features a range of interfaces, including optical and electrical Gigabit Ethernet (GbE) and 10 GbE ports, to support a variety of different network topologies.
Key Features of Access Devices
The Cisco ONS 15216-FLD-OSC data multiplexer has a number of key features that make it an attractive option for service providers looking to upgrade their optical networks. Some of the most notable features include:
- High-density OEO conversions: The 15216-FLD-OSC provides high-density optical-electrical-optical conversions, which allow for the multiplexing of multiple digital signals into a single signal for transmission over a communication network.
- Flexibility and scalability: The device is designed to be compact and flexible, making it suitable for use in both central office and remote terminal environments. Additionally, it supports a range of interfaces, including optical and electrical Gigabit Ethernet (GbE) and 10 GbE ports, to support a variety of different network topologies.
- Reliable performance: The 15216-FLD-OSC is designed to provide reliable performance in a variety of different network environments, including storage area networks (SANs), metropolitan area networks (MANs), and wide area networks (WANs).
- Advanced management and monitoring: The device includes advanced management and monitoring capabilities, allowing service providers to effectively monitor and manage their optical networks.
- Cost-effective solution: The 15216-FLD-OSC provides a cost-effective solution for service providers looking to upgrade their optical networks, while also supporting new applications and services.
Management and Administration
The Cisco ONS 15216-FLD-OSC can be managed and administered using a variety of tools and techniques, including the following:
- Command Line Interface (CLI): The device provides a command line interface for manual configuration and management of the system. The CLI allows administrators to access the device remotely and perform tasks such as configuring interfaces, monitoring system performance, and managing software upgrades.
- Web-based Graphical User Interface (GUI): The device also includes a web-based graphical user interface, which provides a user-friendly interface for device management and configuration. The GUI allows administrators to perform tasks such as monitoring system performance, configuring interfaces, and managing software upgrades.
- SNMP Management: The device supports Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP), which is a widely used protocol for managing and monitoring network devices. Administrators can use SNMP to monitor the performance and status of the device and receive alerts in case of any issues.
- Telnet and Secure Shell (SSH) Protocols: Telnet and SSH protocols allow administrators to remotely access the device and perform management and administration tasks. SSH provides a secure encrypted connection, making it a preferred method for remote access and management.
- Manufacturer :Cisco Systems, Inc
- Manufacturer Part Number: 15216-FLD-OSC
- Brand Name:Cisco
- Product Model: ONS 15216
- Product Name: ONS 15216 Optical Service Channel Optical Add/Drop Multiplexer
- Product Type :Data Multiplexer
- Environmentally Friendly: Yes
Please contact us over the phone or ask for live chat/help if you have any questions about the estimated time of arrival for any "lead time required" item.
Network equipment helps in combining, boosting, splitting, switching, and directing packets of data along with a computer network. Network equipment helps to connect devices and enables them to share information. Network structure or design is determined by the layout or topography of the connected devices. Popular network topologies include bus, mesh, tree, ring, star, and hybrid networks.
Network equipment is defined in any of the following criteria: device type, protocol and interface type. We have a wide range of products including bridges, gateways, hubs, routers, switches, and transceivers.
Hubs: They could be passive or active hubs and serve as the main location for connecting multiple computer networking devices. A hub connects LAN components that have similar protocols without packet filtering or addressing.
Switches: Network switches connect different network devices to the host computers. The addition of new workstations and servers necessitates sharing of ports among numerous devices. You need fast, reliable, and robust network switches for strong networking. We have switches from all major brands including, Brocade, Cisco, Extreme Networks, HPE, Dell, and Juniper Networks.
Routers: Routers are network devices that connect two or more sub-networks. You may require business networking or social networking between branches whereby a scalable router solution comes in handy. These devices can also serve to split large networks into smaller sub-networks. Our devices have firewalls and VPN capability to ensure that your data is safe.
Repeaters: Repeaters transmit signals strongly throughout the network through regeneration and retiming.
Bridges: These devices interconnect networks, both local and remote, and centralize a network service. Bridges will store and forward frames between the two connected segments using MAC addresses. They typically work in the physical and data link layers of the OSI model
Gateways: Gateways offer networking solutions by interconnecting networks that have incompatible communication protocols. These devices work at the transport and session layers of the OSI model. Additionally, gateways provide translation between OSI and TCP/IP and can complete all functions of routers.
Multiplexers: Typically used to bring together multiple signal inputs into a single output.
Transceivers: Also referred to as medium access units (MAU). Transceivers play different roles in a network - to transmit and receive signals and the second role is connecting nodes.
Firewalls: Essentially, a firewall is a device used to protect the network from unauthorized access by controlling traffic leaving and entering a network based on set rules. The firewall device protects the entire network and not a single computer.
Wireless Access Points (WAP): A wireless access point helps in adding wireless connectivity to a wired network. The options available include standalone WAPs for small installations with no more than 5 APs whereas there are controller-managed access points for larger installations to allow central management by network admins.
Network Adapters: Also referred to as network interface controllers (NIC) or network interface cards. Usually used to add networking capabilities and can be wired, wireless, or serving dual wired/wireless roles. A network adapter must be compatible with the wireless network standard used.
Networking Routers and networking Switch are both computer/telecom networking equipment that allows one or more IoT to be connected to other devices. While a networking switch can connect multiple devices and networks to expand the LAN, a networking router will allow you to share a single IP address among multiple network devices.
Network Attached Storage (NAS) Drive: The network-attached storage drive functions just like an external hard drive, but it is a dedicated drive on a network with an IP address. The NAS drive has built-in software that allows the streaming of media and remote access besides providing storage. The advanced NAS drives are multiple hard disks in a RAID setup for effective performance.
Network Cables: Network cables provide physical connectivity between devices and serve to transmit data. We have the best network cables that meet the highest standards, optimal transmission rates, and reliability. We have Ethernet cables of all sizes from 4ft. to 1000ft. depending on your needs and they are availed with the connectors you need.
Some networking opportunities for professional networks include:
- Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) – refers to a voice communication method that happens over a computer network. There are solutions that can allow your staff to connect over your computer network.
- Power over Ethernet – In an Ethernet cable, there are a total of four pairs of copper where only two pairs are used for Ethernet. The other two pairs can be used for power delivery for low-power devices such as WAPs, IP cameras, and VoIP phones. Some models of switches offer PoE ports – either on the 15.4W/port or 25.5W/port.
Selecting Network Equipment
When choosing networking equipment, there are several factors and parameters to consider, such as computer memory, processor type and speed, as well as the form factors, which include boards, cards, chips, and standalone or enclosed modules. It's also essential to look at performance specifications such as data rates, the number of users, operating temperature, and the total number of concurrent connections that each device can support.
Cisco offers reliable switches for all types and sizes of networks, including LAN types, Campus LAN Switches Access, Campus LAN Switches Compact, and Campus LAN Switches-Core and Distribution. For the Data Center, there are Nexus 9000 Series Switches, Nexus 5000 Series Switches, Nexus 3000 Series Switches, Nexus 2000 Series Fabric Extenders, Catalyst 6500 Series Switches, Catalyst 4900 Series Switches, and Service Provider Switches-Aggregation Catalyst 6500 Series Switches and Catalyst 4500 Series Switches. There are also industrial-level Ethernet switches available, such as the Industrial Ethernet 1000 Switches, Industrial Ethernet 2000 Switches, Industrial Ethernet 3000 Switches, Industrial Ethernet 4000 Switches, and Industrial Ethernet 5000 Switches.
Networking solutions are designed for LANs, WANs, and metropolitan area networks. Consider whether the network equipment is power over Ethernet (PoE) capable, supports voice-over-internet protocol (VoIP), has the duplex capability, or is rack-mountable or stackable. Networking equipment with alarms or LED indicators to provide audio or visual notifications if a networking event occurs may also be preferred.
If you need scalable solutions, wireless access points that can be expanded by the node are available. Look for compatible network components and ease of adding provided through plug-and-play devices. The HPE Data Center Switches Series, Aruba Network switches, and ProCurve series all offer high performance, secure connectivity, and scalability. Telecommunication applications require hardened networking equipment that can withstand all weather conditions or deflect high temperatures away from sensitive components.
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.