As an AI language model, I do not have hands and eyes to do physical troubleshooting. However, I can provide some general steps to troubleshoot the Cisco 3M Direct-Attach SFP+ Twinax Copper Cable:
- Check the cable connections: Ensure that the cable is securely connected to the switch and the device it is connecting to. Check for any loose or damaged connectors.
- Verify the compatibility: Make sure that the cable is compatible with the devices that it is connecting. Check the specifications of both the switch and the device.
- Check the switch and device configuration: Ensure that the switch and device are configured correctly to use the cable. Check the network settings and make sure that they match on both sides.
- Test with a different cable: If possible, try using a different cable to see if the issue persists. This will help to narrow down whether the issue is with the cable or something else.
- Check for firmware and software updates: Make sure that both the switch and the device have the latest firmware and software updates installed. This can often fix compatibility and other issues.
Best Practices for Deploying
When deploying the 37-0961-03 Cisco 3M Direct-Attach SFP+ Twinax Copper Cable, here are some best practices to keep in mind:
- Cable Routing: When routing the cable, ensure that it is not twisted or kinked, as this can affect the signal quality.
- Connector Protection: Ensure that the connectors are protected from dust, debris, and physical damage during installation, as this can cause connectivity issues.
- Correct Connector Type: Ensure that you have the correct connector type for your device. The 37-0961-03 cable has an SFP+ connector, so make sure that your device supports SFP+.
- Avoid Tension: Avoid pulling on the cable when installing or removing it, as this can damage the connectors and affect signal quality.
- Length Considerations: Keep in mind that the maximum cable length for SFP+ copper cables is 10 meters. If you need to go beyond that distance, you will need to use fiber optic cables.
- Avoiding Interference: Keep the cable away from sources of electromagnetic interference, such as power cables or other networking equipment.
- Proper Termination: When terminating the cable, ensure that it is properly seated and secured in the connector. Loose connections can cause connectivity issues.
- Keep a Spare: It's always a good idea to keep a spare cable on hand in case you need to replace a faulty or damaged cable quickly.
Future Trends and Developments
As an AI language model, I don't have access to specific information about the product. However, in general, here are some future trends and developments for Cisco SFP+ Twinax Copper Cables:
- Higher Speeds: The need for faster data transmission will lead to the development of SFP+ cables that support higher speeds such as 40Gbps and 100Gbps.
- Increased Distance: The trend is towards developing cables that support longer distances without signal degradation. This will make it possible to connect devices that are located farther apart.
- Improved Reliability: The demand for cables that offer better reliability and durability will continue to drive the development of SFP+ cables that are less prone to failure due to environmental factors.
- Lower Power Consumption: Energy efficiency is becoming an important factor in data center design. SFP+ cables that consume less power will be in demand.
- Compatibility with Emerging Standards: As new standards emerge, such as 400G Ethernet, the development of SFP+ cables that are compatible with these standards will be important.
- Manufacturer: Cisco Systems, Inc
- Manufacturer Part Number: 37-0961-03
- Brand Name: Cisco
- Product Name: 3M Passive Twinax Copper Cable
- Product Type: Network Cable
- Cable Type: Copper Twinax Cable
- Cable Length: 3M (9.84 FT)
- Connector On First End: SFP+
- Connector On Second End: SFP+
- Conductor: Copper
- Device Supported: Network Device
- Compatibility: Cisco 10GBASE SFP+ Modules
Twinaxial cable (also known as Twinax cable) is similar to the coaxial cable, with the only difference being that the former has two inner conductors. These cables were not popular until after 2013, when their applications in differential signaling showed a significant increase. Twinaxial cables are used for high-speed data transfer over short distances, usually not more than 10 meters.
Twinax Cable Length and Performance
Most of these cable types are 10-gigabit Ethernet cables and are classified as either passive or active. Active Twinax cables, as the name suggests, have active electronic components that that are encased at the connector terminal to improve signal quality. This is necessary for applications that are data sensitive. A passive twinaxial cable, on the other hand, has no components and only consists of the conductor and insulation casing. Generally, longer cables are made active because of the long distance the signal has to travel, and shorter cables are passive. But that depends on the manufacturer and brand.
Twinax cables are commonly used for connecting devices through the SFP+ interface ports. They are desired for this because of the high data throughput of up to 10GBps and low latency. A Twinax cable is many times better than other cabling standards such as CAT7 and CAT6. They also draw minimal power to operate, even for active Twinax cables.
What Materials are Used in Twinax Cable?
These cables were constructed mainly from copper wires. That was before the commercial use of fiber optic cables. Currently, you can choose between Twinax copper cable or Twinax optical cable. By comparison, optical cables are better performers and are also more expensive. So, your choice will be limited to what you have on your budget.
Twinax and Coaxial, How Do They Compare?
It is possible to get confused between these two commonly used types of cables. They are very similar in many ways, but the notable difference that sets the twinaxial cable apart is the two conductors instead of one. This construction makes these cables have better signal integrity in short-range applications. When shopping, you will have to know this difference and consider other factors as well.
If you are unsure about the cable type to buy, contact the ALLHDD sales manager for support. We have technical experts ready to help you choose the best cable type and length for your applications. You can trust us for quality and excellent customer service.
Here, you can check more available conditions of your desired product 37-0961-03 at a competitive price. We are trying our best to meet your needs on the enterprise-level computer, server, data centre, and networking hardware. You are welcome to ask our live chat or get live representative support over the phone.
Other Available Conditions for this Part
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.