Security Features of Wireless Controller
The AIR-AP1702I-B-WLC Cisco 2504 Ceiling Mountable Wireless Controller is a network device that is used to manage and control wireless access points in a network. Security is an important aspect of wireless networking, and the AIR-AP1702I-B-WLC comes equipped with a number of security features to ensure the protection of the wireless network.
Some of the security features of the AIR-AP1702I-B-WLC include:
- WPA2 Encryption - The device supports the latest WPA2 encryption standard, which is designed to provide secure wireless communications by encrypting data transmitted over the wireless network.
- Access Control - The device allows network administrators to control access to the wireless network by creating access control lists (ACLs). These ACLs can be used to restrict access to specific devices or users.
- Rogue AP Detection - The device is capable of detecting rogue access points that may have been installed by an unauthorized user, and can take appropriate actions to prevent these rogue access points from compromising the security of the wireless network.
- Guest Access - The device provides support for secure guest access, allowing guests to access the network with limited access and without compromising the security of the network.
- Firewall Protection - The device can be configured to provide firewall protection for the wireless network, helping to prevent unauthorized access and data theft.
- Intrusion Detection and Prevention - The device can detect and prevent intrusions into the wireless network, helping to protect the network from unauthorized access and data theft.
- VLAN Support - The device supports the use of Virtual Local Area Networks (VLANs), which can be used to segment the network and improve security by restricting access to specific parts of the network.
License Management of Wireless Controller
The AIR-AP1702I-B-WLC is a Cisco wireless access point that is designed to work with a Cisco Wireless LAN Controller (WLC) such as the Cisco 2504. The WLC provides centralized management and control for multiple access points, allowing network administrators to easily configure, monitor, and troubleshoot their wireless networks.
License management is an important aspect of the Cisco Wireless Controller, as it determines the number of access points that can be connected to the controller. The Cisco 2504 WLC supports up to 50 access points, and the number of access points that can be connected to the controller is determined by the type of license that is installed on the WLC.
There are two types of licenses that can be used with the Cisco 2504 WLC:
- Permanent licenses: These are perpetual licenses that do not expire and provide support for a fixed number of access points. Once a permanent license is installed on the WLC, it remains valid for the life of the controller.
- Evaluation licenses: These are temporary licenses that are provided for a limited time and enable network administrators to test the functionality of the WLC with a specific number of access points. Evaluation licenses typically expire after 60 days.
To manage licenses on the Cisco 2504 WLC, network administrators can use the web-based interface of the controller. The interface allows administrators to view information about the licenses that are currently installed, including the license type, the number of access points that are supported, and the expiration date (if applicable). Additionally, administrators can install and activate new licenses, renew existing licenses, or deactivate licenses that are no longer needed.
Configuring and Troubleshooting Mesh Networking
The AIR-AP1702I-B-WLC is a wireless access point that can be controlled by the Cisco 2504 wireless LAN controller. It is designed to be ceiling mounted and provides reliable and high-speed wireless connectivity for users.
Mesh networking is a type of wireless networking that allows access points to communicate with each other to create a network that can cover a larger area. With mesh networking, access points are not directly connected to the main network, but instead, they communicate with each other to extend the network.
To configure and troubleshoot mesh networking on the Cisco 2504 wireless LAN controller, follow these steps:
- Enable Mesh Networking on the Controller: Go to the Wireless tab in the web interface of the controller and select Mesh. Check the box that says "Enable Mesh Networking."
- Configure the Mesh Access Point: Set up the mesh access point as a regular access point and connect it to the controller.
- Add the Mesh Access Point to the Mesh Network: In the web interface of the controller, go to the Mesh tab and click on Add. Select the mesh access point from the list and click Add.
- Configure the Mesh Link: In the web interface of the controller, go to the Mesh tab and select the mesh access point. Configure the Mesh Link parameters, including the Mesh ID, Radio Mode, and Encryption.
- Troubleshoot Mesh Networking: If there are issues with the mesh network, check the signal strength and quality of the mesh link. Ensure that the mesh access points are within range of each other and that there are no obstructions. If the issue persists, check the configuration of the mesh access points and the controller.
In conclusion, the AIR-AP1702I-B-WLC Cisco 2504 Ceiling Mountable Wireless Controller can be used to configure and troubleshoot mesh networking. By following the steps outlined above, network administrators can easily set up and maintain a reliable and high-speed wireless mesh network.
- Manufacturer Cisco Systems, Inc
- MPN: AIR-AP1702I-B-WLC
- Product Name 100GBASE LR4 QSFP Transceiver, LC, 10km over SMF
- Product Model: 2504 Wireless Controller
- Product Type: Wireless Controller
- SKU: AIR-AP1702I-B-WLC
- Compliant Standards:
- IEEE 802.11a , IEEE 802.11ac , IEEE 802.11b , IEEE 802.11d , IEEE 802.11e , IEEE 802.11g , IEEE 802.11h , IEEE 802.11i , IEEE 802.11k , IEEE 802.11n , IEEE 802.11r , IEEE 802.11u , IEEE 802.11w , IEEE 802.1Q , IEEE 802.1x , IEEE 802.3 , IEEE 802.3u
- Connectivity Technology: Wired
- Data Link Protocol: Ethernet , Fast Ethernet , Gigabit Ethernet
- Features:CAPWAP support , CleanAir technology , IPv6 support , Mesh networking , NetFlow , Quality of Service (QoS) , SNTP support , Syslog support , VLAN support , Wi-Fi Multimedia (WMM) support , Wireless Intrusion Prevention System (WIPS)
- Form Factor: External
- Network Transport Protocol: ARP , Bonjour , BOOTP , DHCP , ICMP/IP , IPSec , TCP/IP , UDP/IP
- Ports Qty: 4
- Power Over Ethernet (PoE): PoE
- Remote Management Protocol: CLI , HTTP , HTTPS , RMON , SNMP 1 , SNMP 2c , SNMP 3 , SSH , Telnet , TFTP
- Routing Protocol: CIDR
- Status Indicators: Alarm , Link/activity , Power , System
- Switching Protocol: Ethernet
About Refurbished Products
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.