Maximizing the Performance of 1830 Series Aironet Access Point
The Cisco 1830 Series Aironet 1 GBPS Wireless Access Point (AIR-AP1832I-B-K9C) is a high-performance wireless access point that is designed to provide reliable and fast wireless connectivity to a large number of users. Maximizing the performance of this device requires careful consideration of several factors, including its physical placement, configuration settings, and management.
Here are some specific steps you can take to maximize the performance of the AIR-AP1832I-B-K9C:
- Choose the Right Location: The physical placement of your access point can have a big impact on its performance. Place the AIR-AP1832I-B-K9C in a central location that is free from obstructions, such as walls or large pieces of furniture, which can interfere with the signal. Ideally, it should be installed in a location that is high up and free from sources of interference, such as microwave ovens or other wireless devices.
- Optimize the Configuration Settings: The performance of the AIR-AP1832I-B-K9C can also be optimized by configuring it correctly. For example, you can adjust the transmit power and channel width settings to improve the range and throughput of the device. You can also configure the device to use 802.11ac Wave 2, which offers faster speeds and better performance than earlier versions of the 802.11 standard.
- Enable Quality of Service (QoS): QoS settings allow you to prioritize certain types of traffic, such as voice or video, over others. This can help to ensure that critical applications have the bandwidth they need to perform effectively. Enabling QoS can also help to reduce latency and packet loss, which can improve overall performance.
- Monitor and Manage the Device: Regular monitoring and management of the AIR-AP1832I-B-K9C can help to identify and resolve issues that may be impacting performance. You can use tools such as Cisco Prime Infrastructure or the Cisco Wireless Control System to monitor the device and perform regular maintenance tasks such as firmware upgrades or configuration backups.
- Consider Adding Antennas: The AIR-AP1832I-B-K9C comes with two internal antennas, but you may want to consider adding additional antennas to improve the device's range and coverage. Cisco offers a variety of external antennas that can be used with the AIR-AP1832I-B-K9C to optimize its performance in different environments and applications.
Understanding the Basic Components
The AIR-AP1832I-B-K9C Cisco 1 Ports WAP is a high-performance, dual-band access point designed for small to medium-sized businesses, as well as enterprise environments. It is part of the Cisco 1830 Series of WAPs, which also includes the AIR-AP1832P-B-K9C model that includes Power over Ethernet (PoE) support.
Here are the basic components of the AIR-AP1832I-B-K9C WAP:
- Ethernet ports: The WAP has two Gigabit Ethernet ports - one for the connection to the LAN, and another for Power over Ethernet (PoE) support. The PoE port can also be used as a second LAN port.
- Antennas: The WAP has four internal omnidirectional antennas - two for 2.4 GHz and two for 5 GHz - that provide wireless coverage throughout the area.
- LEDs: The WAP has several LEDs on the front panel that provide information about the device's status, including power, LAN activity, and wireless activity.
- Reset button: The WAP has a reset button on the back panel that can be used to reset the device to its factory default settings.
- Console port: The WAP has a console port that can be used for local management and configuration.
- Wireless capabilities: The WAP supports IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n/ac Wave 2 wireless standards and can provide up to 1 Gbps of throughput.
- Power supply: The WAP can be powered using an external power supply or through PoE.
- Management and configuration: The WAP can be managed and configured using Cisco's Wireless LAN Controller (WLC) or Cisco Mobility Express, which is a simplified option for smaller networks.
Integrating Wireless Access Points into a Network Infrastructure
Integrating wireless access points (APs) into a network infrastructure requires careful planning and configuration to ensure optimal performance, security, and scalability. The Cisco 1830 Series Aironet 1 GBPS Wireless Access Point, specifically the AIR-AP1832I-B-K9C model, is a popular AP that can be integrated into a network infrastructure.
Here are some details to consider when integrating this wireless access point:
- Network architecture: Before integrating the AP, it's important to understand the existing network architecture. This includes the type of switches, routers, and firewalls used, as well as the network topology. This will help determine how the AP should be connected to the network.
- Power source: The AIR-AP1832I-B-K9C can be powered using Power over Ethernet (PoE) or an AC adapter. If PoE is used, ensure that the switch supports PoE and that it provides enough power for the AP.
- Placement: The location of the AP is critical for optimal performance. Consider factors such as coverage area, signal strength, and interference from other devices when deciding where to place the AP. For example, the AP should be placed in an area with minimal interference from other wireless devices or appliances.
- Configuration: The AP needs to be configured properly to integrate into the network infrastructure. This includes setting up wireless security protocols such as WPA2 or 802.1X, configuring VLANs and QoS settings, and enabling features such as mesh networking or beamforming.
- Management: Once the AP is integrated into the network infrastructure, it needs to be managed and monitored. This includes monitoring performance, troubleshooting connectivity issues, and updating firmware or software as needed.
Key Information about this Cisco AIR-AP1832I-B-K9C
- Manufacturer: Cisco
- Model Number or SKU# AIR-AP1832I-B-K9C
- Product Line: Aironet
- Product Series: 1830
- Product Model: AP1832I
- Product Type: Wireless Access Point
Technical Information of Wireless Access Point
- Wireless Transmission Speed: 1 GBPS
- Wireless LAN Standard: IEEE 802.11ac
- Frequency Band: 2.40 GHz
- Frequency Band: 5 GHz
- MIMO Technology: Yes
- Beamforming Technology: Yes
Interfaces / Ports for Wireless 1830 Series Access Point
- Ethernet Technology: Ethernet
- Ethernet Technology: Gigabit Ethernet
- Ethernet Technology: Fast Ethernet
- Number of Network: (RJ-45) Ports 1
- PoE (RJ-45) Port: Yes
- VGA: No
- HDMI: No
- USB: Yes
- Powerline: No
- Management Port: Yes
Dimensions & Weight
- Height: 8.3 Inch
- Width: 8.3 Inch
- Depth: 2 Inch
- Weight: (Approximate) 3.12 LBS
- Power Source PoE
- Power Source Power Supply
- Enhanced PoE
- Cisco local power supply
- Cisco power injector
- Integrated antenna 2.4 GHz, gain 3 dBi
- Internal omni, horizontal beamwidth 360 5 GHz,
- Gain 5 dBi, internal omni, horizontal beamwidth 360
Extensible Authentication Protocol (EAP) types
- EAP-Transport Layer Security (TLS)
- EAP-Tunneled TLS (TTLS) or Microsoft Challenge Handshake Authentication Protocol Version 2 (MSCHAPv2)
- Protected EAP (PEAP) v0 or EAP-MSCHAPv2
- EAP-Flexible Authentication via Secure Tunneling (FAST)
- PEAP v1 or EAP-Generic Token Card (GTC)
- EAP-Subscriber Identity Module (SIM)
- Supported Wireless LAN Controllers-
- The Aironet 1831i supports the following Cisco wireless LAN controllers: 2500 Series Wireless Controllers, the Cisco Wireless Controller Module for ISR G2, Cisco Wireless Services Module 2 (WiSM2) for Cisco Catalyst 6500 Series Switches, Cisco 5500 Series Wireless Controllers, Cisco 5520 Series Wireless Controllers, Cisco Flex 7500 Series Wireless Controllers, Cisco 8500 Series Wireless Controllers, Cisco 8540 Series Wireless Controllers, Cisco 5760 Wireless LAN Controller, Cisco Catalyst 3650 and 3850 Series Switches with integrated controller.
About Refurbished Products
Here, you can check more available conditions of your desired product AIR-AP1832I-B-K9C at a competitive price. We are trying our best to meet your needs on the enterprise-level computer, server, data centre, and networking hardware. You are welcome to ask our live chat or get live representative support over the phone.
Other Available Conditions for this Part
Other Available Categories For - Networking - Wireless
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.