Integration of Wireless Access Points with Other Network Devices
The Cisco Aironet 3702P Wireless Access Point (WAP) can be integrated with other network devices to enhance the overall network performance and provide better wireless coverage. The integration process can be achieved through a variety of methods, including:
- Wired Ethernet: The Aironet 3702P can be connected to other network devices, such as switches or routers, through a wired Ethernet connection. This provides a fast and reliable connection for data transfer between devices.
- Wireless Distribution System (WDS): This method enables the Aironet 3702P to work in collaboration with other wireless access points to create a wireless network that provides a wider coverage area. This helps to reduce the number of access points required to provide complete coverage, thus reducing the overall costs.
- Lightweight Access Point Protocol (LWAPP): This is a protocol that enables the Aironet 3702P to communicate with a central controller, such as a Cisco Wireless Controller. This enables the central controller to manage and control all the wireless access points on the network, including configuring and monitoring them.
- Power over Ethernet (PoE): The Aironet 3702P supports PoE, which enables it to receive power and data over a single Ethernet cable. This makes it easier to install and reduces the number of cables required, making it a cost-effective solution.
Upgrading Your Wireless Network
The Cisco Aironet 3702P 1.27 Gbit/s Wireless Access Point (AIR-CAP3702P-B-K9) is a high-performance wireless access point that provides secure and reliable wireless connectivity to support various business applications. To maximize wireless security, the following measures can be taken:
- Encryption: Ensure that WPA2-Enterprise or WPA3-Enterprise encryption is enabled on the access point. This will encrypt the wireless traffic and prevent unauthorized access.
- RADIUS Server: Set up a RADIUS server for authentication and authorization of wireless clients. This will ensure that only authorized clients are able to access the wireless network.
- Firewall: Enable the firewall feature on the access point to prevent unauthorized access and prevent malicious traffic from entering the network.
- VLANs: Use VLANs to segment the network and isolate different segments of the network from each other. This will prevent malicious traffic from spreading across the network.
- 802.1X Authentication: Use 802.1X authentication to verify the identity of the wireless clients before granting them access to the network. This will prevent unauthorized clients from accessing the network.
- Disable SSID Broadcast: Disable SSID broadcast to prevent unauthorized clients from discovering the wireless network.
- Wireless Intrusion Detection and Prevention (WIDS/WIPS): Use WID/WIPS to detect and prevent wireless security threats in real-time.
- Disable Unused Features: Disable unused features, such as guest access, to reduce the attack surface of the network.
By implementing these measures, organizations can ensure that their wireless network is secure and protected from potential threats.
Setting Up a Wireless Access Point
The AIR-CAP3702P-B-K9 Cisco Aironet 3702P is a high-performance wireless access point that supports dual-band, 802.11a/g/n/ac Wi-Fi standards. It delivers up to 1.27 Gbit/s data rate and can support up to 500 simultaneous clients. Here is a step-by-step guide to setting up the AIR-CAP3702P-B-K9:
- Hardware setup: Unbox the access point and connect it to a power source. Connect the access point to your network using an Ethernet cable.
- Console setup: Connect a console cable to the access point and to your computer. Start a terminal emulation program such as HyperTerminal and configure it for 9600 baud, 8 data bits, no parity, 1 stop bit, and no flow control.
- Configure the IP address: Configure the IP address of your computer to be in the same subnet as the access point.
- Login to the access point: Power on the access point and press the Enter key to access the command line interface (CLI). Log in using the default username (cisco) and password (cisco).
- Enable privileged mode: Type "enable" and press Enter. Type the enable password (cisco) and press Enter.
- Configure the network: Configure the IP address, subnet mask, default gateway, and DNS server of the access point.
- Configure the wireless network: Create a new wireless network using the "configure terminal" command. Set the SSID, security mode, and encryption method.
- Save the configuration: Use the "copy running-config startup-config" command to save the configuration to non-volatile memory.
- Verify the configuration: Use the "show interfaces" and "show wireless" commands to verify the network configuration.
- Deploy the access point: Mount the access point in a location with good Wi-Fi coverage. Connect clients to the wireless network and verify the connection.
- Manufacturer Cisco Systems, Inc
- Manufacturer Part Number AIR-CAP3702P-B-K9
- Brand Name Cisco
- Product Line Aironet
- Product Series 3700
- Product Model 3702P
- Product Name Aironet 3702P Wireless Access Point
- Product Type Wireless Access Point
- Wireless LAN Standard IEEE 802.11ac
- Frequency Band 5 GHz
- Frequency Band 2.40 GHz
- Wireless Transmission Speed 1.27 Gbit/s
- MIMO Technology Yes
- Beamforming Technology Yes
- Ethernet Technology Gigabit Ethernet
- VGA No
- HDMI No
- USB No
- Powerline No
- Management Port Yes
About Refurbished Products
Here, you can check more available conditions of your desired product AIR-CAP3702P-B-K9 at a competitive price. We are trying our best to meet your needs on the enterprise-level computer, server, data centre, and networking hardware. You are welcome to ask our live chat or get live representative support over the phone.
Other Available Conditions for this Part
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.