More Information about Wireless Controller
The Cisco Aironet 2504 Wireless LAN (WLAN) Controller is a device that is designed to manage and control wireless access points (APs) in a network. It has 4 ports and is suitable for use in small to medium-sized business and enterprise networks.
The Aironet 2504 WLAN Controller is compatible with a variety of wireless devices and standards, including those that support 802.11a/b/g/n/ac Wi-Fi. It can be used to manage up to 50 APs and support up to 2000 client devices.
Performance of Cisco Wireless LAN
The Aironet 2504 WLAN Controller is capable of providing fast and reliable wireless connectivity for devices such as laptops, smartphones, and tablets. It includes features such as Quality of Service (QoS), security, and roaming to ensure a smooth and secure wireless experience for users.
Configuration of Wireless LANs (WLANs)
The AIR-CT2504-5-K9 Cisco Wireless Controller Module is a versatile and powerful module that provides centralized management and control of wireless access points (APs) in a wireless local area network (WLAN). Here are some basic steps to configure WLANs on the AIR-CT2504-5-K9 controller module:
- Configure basic network settings: Set the basic network settings, such as IP address, subnet mask, default gateway, and DNS server, on the controller module using the CLI or GUI interface.
- Configure wireless settings: Configure the wireless settings, such as SSID, security mode, authentication method, and encryption type, on the controller module using the CLI or GUI interface.
- Add access points: Add the APs to the controller module using the GUI interface or the CLI command. The APs can be added manually or using the discovery process.
- Configure RF profiles: Configure RF profiles on the controller module to define the radio frequency (RF) settings, such as transmit power, channel width, and channel selection, for the APs.
- Configure client profiles: Configure client profiles on the controller module to define the settings for wireless clients, such as authentication method, encryption type, and bandwidth control.
- Configure mobility groups: Configure mobility groups on the controller module to enable seamless roaming of wireless clients between APs in different subnets or VLANs.
- Configure policies: Configure policies on the controller module to define the access control rules and QoS policies for wireless clients.
- Configure monitoring and reporting: Configure monitoring and reporting settings on the controller module to track the performance and usage of the WLAN, and to generate reports and alerts for any issues.
Configuration of Controller Interfaces
The AIR-CT2504-5-K9 is a wireless controller module from Cisco that provides centralized management and control for up to 5 lightweight access points. Here's how to configure the controller interfaces:
- Console interface: The console interface is the primary interface for initial configuration and troubleshooting of the controller. Connect to the console port using a console cable and configure the initial settings, such as hostname, IP address, and administrative passwords.
- Management interface: The management interface is used for managing the controller from a remote location. Configure the management interface with an IP address and subnet mask, and enable remote access protocols, such as SSH, Telnet, or HTTPS.
- Service port interface: The service port interface is used for out-of-band management of the controller. Configure the service port interface with an IP address and subnet mask, and enable remote access protocols, such as SSH, Telnet, or HTTPS.
- Redundancy interface: The redundancy interface is used for redundancy and high availability of the controller. Configure the redundancy interface with an IP address and subnet mask, and enable protocols such as Virtual Router Redundancy Protocol (VRRP) or Hot Standby Router Protocol (HSRP).
- Port-channel interfaces: The port-channel interfaces are used for connecting the controller to the network and to the lightweight access points. Configure the port-channel interfaces with the appropriate VLANs, trunking protocols, and port-channel modes. You may also need to configure Quality of Service (QoS) policies to prioritize traffic and ensure a high-quality wireless experience.
General Information about this Cisco AIR-CT2504-5-K9
- Manufacturer: Cisco
- Model Number or SKU# AIR-CT2504-5-K9
- Product Line: Aironet
- Product Series: 2500
- Product Type: Wireless LAN Controller
Technical Information of Wireless LAN Controller
- Total Number of Ports 4
- ISM Band No
- UNII Band No
- Wireless Security-
- RADIUS Authentication
- IEEE 802.1X
- User-Based Security Model (USM)
- Features Quality of Service (QoS)
Interfaces / Ports of Wireless LAN Controller
- Ethernet Port: Yes
- Fast Ethernet Port: Yes
- Gigabit Ethernet Port: Yes
- 10 Gigabit Ethernet Port: No
- Network (RJ-11) No
- PoE (RJ-45) Port No
- VGA No
- Serial Port No
- USB No
- Powerline No
- Management Port Yes
- Input Voltage 110 V AC
- Input Voltage 220 V AC
- Power Source Power Supply
Dimensions & Weight
- Form Factor Rack-mountable
- Height: 1.7inch
- Width: 10.7inch
- Depth: 8inch
- Weight (Approximate): 3.50 LBS
About Refurbished Products
With the growing number of wireless devices, there is a clear pointer that your business requires a wireless controller. Regardless of the size of your organization, you will find controllers that match your need. But what are these controllers used for? In a wireless local area network (WLAN), a controller manages all wireless access points. That permits wireless devices to connect to the network and communicate with each other. Think of it as an audio amplifier, but in this case, a controller amplifies the signal from the router so that even devices at far distances can connect.
How to Buy a Wireless Controller
You have to consider many factors when planning to buy a wireless network controller. At the top of the list is the budget. Depending on the resources you have set aside for this project, you can go for high-end 10-gigabit controllers or choose cost-effective options. Another factor to consider is the size of your organization. Assuming that you have enough money on your budget, a wireless controller with many access points and port is the ideal choice for large enterprises. The same will do for small businesses, but not be economical. So, instead of buying an 8-port controller, you can go for a 4-port one with few access points. Medium-sized organizations are better off with 6-point controllers such as AIR-CT5760-1K-K9 Cisco 5760.
What are the Benefits of Wireless Network Controllers?
The first benefit is better security for both your wired and wireless networks. Most cybercrimes begin at the unsecured wireless network access points. But with controllers, you can authenticate users and assign access privileges to maintain your network security. You can also detect and stop any unauthorized attempt to access the network on time before it turns into a disaster.
A wireless controller makes it possible and easier to monitor and manage a network. You can remotely monitor the entire IT infrastructure and save on the time and cost of site surveying. The simplified network monitoring and management ensure reliability while reducing the maintenance cost.
Buy a WLAN Controller at ALLHDD
Undoubtedly, your business needs a wireless network. You cannot think of going wireless without a controller. Buy quality wireless controllers at ALLHDD at the best price. We have different types and models for every organization's size and specific needs. Contact us if you need more information about shopping on our website. We are also available to answer all your queries.
Here, you can check more available conditions of your desired product AIR-CT2504-5-K9 at a competitive price. We are trying our best to meet your needs on the enterprise-level computer, server, data centre, and networking hardware. You are welcome to ask our live chat or get live representative support over the phone.
Other Available Conditions for this Part
Other Available Categories For - Networking - Wireless Controller
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.