Security and Authentication Options
The AIR-CT5520-K9 Cisco 5520 Wireless LAN Controller provides various security and authentication options to ensure that wireless networks are secure and only authorized users have access. Here are some of the key security and authentication features of the controller:
- WPA2 and 802.11i Security Standards: The controller supports the latest security standards, including WPA2 and 802.11i, which provide robust encryption and authentication for wireless networks.
- 802.1X Authentication: The controller supports 802.1X authentication, which requires users to provide credentials before they can access the wireless network. This helps to ensure that only authorized users can connect to the network.
- MAC Address Filtering: The controller can be configured to only allow specific MAC addresses to connect to the wireless network. This helps to prevent unauthorized devices from accessing the network.
- Captive Portal: The controller can be configured to use a captive portal, which requires users to provide credentials or accept the terms and conditions of use before they can access the network. This is a useful feature for guest networks.
- RADIUS Authentication: The controller can integrate with RADIUS servers for authentication, which provides centralized management of user credentials and access control.
- Wireless Intrusion Prevention System (wIPS): The controller includes a wIPS system that can detect and mitigate wireless threats and attacks, such as rogue access points, denial-of-service attacks, and man-in-the-middle attacks.
By providing these security and authentication options, the AIR-CT5520-K9 controller helps to ensure that wireless networks are secure and only authorized users have access. IT administrators can use these features to manage and control access to the network, prevent unauthorized devices from connecting, and detect and mitigate wireless threats and attacks.
High Availability and Redundancy Options
The AIR-CT5520-K9 Cisco 5520 Wireless LAN Controller provides high availability and redundancy options to ensure continuous operation of the wireless network. Here are some of the high availability and redundancy options available:
- Stateful Switchover (SSO): SSO allows for seamless failover to a standby controller in the event of a primary controller failure. The standby controller is continuously synchronized with the primary controller, so when a failover occurs, there is no loss of data or disruption to service.
- Hot Standby: Hot standby provides an immediate failover mechanism to a backup controller, which is always active and continuously synchronized with the primary controller. This option provides an additional level of redundancy and reduces the risk of downtime.
- Redundant Power Supplies: The AIR-CT5520-K9 controller has the option for redundant power supplies to ensure continuous operation even in the event of a power supply failure.
- Redundant Network Connections: The controller has multiple Ethernet ports, which can be used to connect to different switches, providing redundancy in case of network failures.
- Virtual Port-Channel (vPC): vPC is a technology that provides redundancy and load balancing for Ethernet connections. The AIR-CT5520-K9 controller supports vPC, which allows for multiple connections to be active simultaneously for added redundancy and load balancing.
By providing high availability and redundancy options, the AIR-CT5520-K9 controller ensures that the wireless network remains operational even in the event of a failure. IT administrators can configure these options to meet their specific requirements and ensure maximum uptime for the wireless network.
Advanced Multicast and Bonjour Configuration
The AIR-CT5520-K9 Cisco 5520 Wireless LAN Controller provides advanced multicast and Bonjour configuration options to help IT administrators manage and control multicast traffic and enable Bonjour-enabled services in wireless networks. Here's a brief explanation of each:
- Multicast Configuration: Multicast is a technology used to send data to multiple recipients simultaneously. In wireless networks, multicast is often used for media streaming applications, such as IPTV and digital signage. The AIR-CT5520-K9 controller provides multicast configuration options to help manage and control multicast traffic in wireless networks. The controller can be configured to manage multicast traffic in various ways, such as limiting the number of multicast streams, configuring multicast group addresses, and setting up multicast rate limits.
- Bonjour Gateway: The Bonjour Gateway feature enables users to discover and access Bonjour-enabled services, such as printers and Apple TV, over a wireless network. The Bonjour Gateway works by translating Bonjour multicast packets into unicast packets, which can be forwarded across subnets. This feature helps to enable cross-subnet Bonjour services without the need for additional configuration.
- Advanced Multicast Configuration: The AIR-CT5520-K9 controller provides advanced multicast configuration options to help manage and optimize multicast traffic in wireless networks. The controller can be configured to manage multicast traffic using advanced features such as IGMP snooping and multicast group filtering.
- Advanced Bonjour Configuration: The controller provides advanced Bonjour configuration options to help manage and control Bonjour traffic in wireless networks. The Bonjour policies can be configured to control the behavior of Bonjour traffic, including defining which services are available on which VLANs and filtering Bonjour services.
By providing advanced multicast and Bonjour configuration options, the AIR-CT5520-K9 controller helps to ensure that wireless networks are optimized for efficient and reliable data delivery, and that Bonjour-enabled services are available across subnets. IT administrators can use these features to manage and control multicast and Bonjour traffic, and ensure that wireless networks are optimized for the best possible user experience.
- Manufacturer Cisco Systems, Inc
- MPN: AIR-CT5520-K9
- Product Series 5500
- Product Model 5520
- Product Name 5520 Wireless Controller
- Product Type Wireless LAN Controller
- SKU: AIR-CT5520-K9
- Wireless LAN Standard IEEE 802.11ac
- Frequency Band 2.40 GHz
- Frequency Band 5 GHz
- Ethernet Technology Fast Ethernet
- Ethernet Technology Ethernet
- Ethernet Technology Gigabit Ethernet
- Number of Network (RJ-45) Ports 2
- PoE (RJ-45) Port No
- VGA No
- HDMI No
- USB No
- Powerline No
- Management Port Yes
Dimensions & Weight
- Form Factor Rack-mountable
- Height 1.7 Inch
- Width 31 Inch
- Depth 19 Inch
- Weight (Approximate) 30 lbs
A wireless network connection allows users to connect their server, computer, or mobile phone networks without the use of any kind of wire cables.
Using a wireless network, enterprises and private owners are able to avoid the expensive and strenuous process of installing cables. There is no need for wired devices between equipment in different locations and into the buildings.
Wireless network router, for example, allows for simultaneous connection sharing between various wireless accessories for a better performance experience. Wireless networks make use of radio waves to allow devices to connect. They can connect devices such as laptops, mobile phones, and smart televisions to the internet or other applications.
When users have their wireless devices connected to Wi-Fi hotspots in public places, the connection remains established to that particular business network. While installing a new wireless networking device in homes or offices, users must consider several things. One of the most important ones is the unit's compatibility with other wireless accessories
Wireless Networking Devices
Fast and reliable internet connectivity is guaranteed when users pick the right set of networking devices for home and office networks. Wireless devices come in different varieties. These different types of networking devices only function to suit users' connectivity requirements. Wireless routers connect devices to the internet for high-quality streaming and surfing. They also improve users' streaming experience and other internet activities.
In most cases, wireless networking devices help users get their work done easily with lesser stress. They ensure fast and reliable internet connectivity at all times.
You can choose the right device for your needs from a wide selection of AllHDD wireless devices. We have new and refurbished devices like 1 to 8-port interface cards, external 3G and 4G modems, wireless access points with the speed range from 11MBps up to 5.2GBps and everything in between.
Main Types of Wireless Networks
There are four main types of wireless networks:
Wireless Local Area Network (LAN)
This type of network links two or more devices using a wireless connection method. It provides a connection via access points to a wider internet. Wi-Fi is the most commonly known and used wireless LAN type.
A local-area network is one that exists at a single location—an office building, for instance. LANs can be used to connect a wide array of accessories, such as scanners, printers, and even data storage devices.
The known components of LANs include switches, access points, routers, firewalls, and Ethernet cables.
Wireless Metropolitan Area Networks (MAN)
A metropolitan-area network is one that spreads across a city, small geographical area, business area, or even college campuses. One distinguishing factor that differentiates MANs from LAN is the coverage capacity or size. LANs usually provide a network for a building or specific area.
While MANs, on the other hand, covers several square miles depending on the desires and requirements of the organization using it. Large scale companies often obtain MANs to level up with their needs.
This happens most especially in situations whereby a company has a spacious organization. Then, they have the need to manage important components such as climate control and electrical systems.
Wireless Wide Area Network (WAN)
A wide-area network covers an incredibly vast area. It can be a whole city, an entire state, or even a country. The internet everyone uses today is an apt example of WAN access. Just like the internet, a WAN consists of smaller networks, such as the LANs or MANs.
The cellular service we get on our mobile devices today is the most commonly known example of wireless Wide Area Networks. It is always available everywhere we go within the country.
Wireless Personal Area Network (PAN)
Personal-area networks consist of a network mainly concentrated around the devices of a single person in a particular location.
A PAN could have a mobile phone, computers, video game consoles, or other auxiliary devices. They are regular home devices and small office devices. A well-known example of a wireless PAN is Bluetooth.
Here, you can check more available conditions of your desired product AIR-CT5520-K9 at a competitive price. We are trying our best to meet your needs on the enterprise-level computer, server, data centre, and networking hardware. You are welcome to ask our live chat or get live representative support over the phone.
Other Available Conditions for this Part
Other Available Categories For - Networking - Wireless
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.