Key Information for Cisco ASA5508-K9
- Cisco ASA5508-K9 ASA 5508-X 8 Ports Firepower Services Security Appliance
- Manufacturer: Cisco
- Model Number or SKU# ASA5508-K9
- Product Line: ASA
- Product Series 5500-X
- Product Model 5508-X
- Product Name ASA 5508-X Network Security/Firewall Appliance
- Product Type : Network Management Device
Technical Information of Cisco Security Appliance
- Firewall Protection Threat Protection
- Firewall Protection Application Control
- Firewall Protection URL Filtering
- Firewall Protection Web Content Filtering
- Firewall Protection Intrusion Prevention
- Encryption Standard 3DES
- Encryption Standard AES
Interfaces / Ports of 8 Ports Network Management Device
- Total Number of Ports 8
- USB Yes
- PoE (RJ-45) Port No
- Number of Network (RJ-45) Ports 8
Network & Communication of Firewall Appliance With Firepower Service
- Ethernet Technology Gigabit Ethernet
- Network Standard 10/100/1000Base-T
- Wireless LAN No
Management & Protocols
- Manageable Yes
Power Description ASA5508 K9
- Power Source Power Supply
Dimensions & Weight
- Compatible Rack Unit 1U
- Form Factor Rack-mountable
- Height 1.7 Inch
- Width 17.2 Inch
- Depth 11.3 Inch
- Weight (Approximate) 8 LBS
A proper network security appliance is able to provide you with threat defense, new malware protection, insightful reporting, application control, and more in one solution.
With organizations getting more and more reliant on software for automation and streamlining operations, users are getting strong emotional attachments to their vendors and applications. Advanced level appliances are thus needed to maintain the relationship between you, as an end-user, and the vendors.
Security appliances can be defined as any server appliance form that is created for the protection of your computer networks from undesired traffic. There are various types of security appliances in the market. Some of them include:
- Preventative devices: These scan networks and recognize probable security issues like vulnerability assessment appliances and penetration testing.
- Passive devices: Sense and reports undesired traffic. An example is intrusion detection appliances.
- Unified Threat Management (UTM): Appliances bring together features making one system like content filtering, some firewalls, and web caching.
- Active devices: These block undesired traffic. Examples of such are anti-virus scanning devices, content filtering devices, and firewalls.
There is a wide variety of appliances in the market which address most of the security concerns out there. The challenge is that all vendors claim they are able to achieve what your security requirements are. The preference is that this is done via wireless connection.
It would be great if the claims are determined to a particular degree by an independent body. The body would conduct benchmark tests to guarantee your safety is making some assumptions.
Efficiency of Security Appliances
A massive amount of code is employed in the creation of security appliances like IPS or IDS. Buffer overflows probability against a product management interface (management module) like this one is very high. Purchasing a product like this is essential in the hostile and complex computer environment of today.
You need to be aware of the existence of exploitable problems linked with a snort. Snort is the leading Open Source Intrusion Prevention System (IPS) around the globe. It utilizes a string of rules that aid in the definition of malicious activity on the network. It then uses the rules to locate packets matching against the activities and generates you, as the user, alerts.
Snort may be positioned inline to break off these packets. It has three main uses: Like a packet sniffer such as tcpdump, like a complete network intrusion prevention system, or like a packet logger essential in debugging network traffic. You can download snort and configure it for your business or personal use.
VPN in Security Appliances
A VPN device is a network appliance fitted with advanced security features. VPN appliance, also referred to as Secure Sockets Layer (SSL), is effectively a router offering you firewall protection, authorization, load balancing, and encryption for Virtual Private Networks.
It is a network device that uses a public telecommunication framework like the internet to offer individual users or remote offices secured proprietary data access. One of the commonly used conventions for the management of message transmission security on the internet is SSL. An ideal VPN device should provide multi-platform functionality and central management. It should also be compatible with all crucial network applications.
In networking, a network license facilitates many users on one particular TCP/IP network to have shared access to product licenses. The installed Network License Manager (NLM) controls the issuance of licenses to users.
On starting an Autodesk product, you are required to have a license from the license server via the network. If you have a license, NLM will allocate the computer and user starting the program a license. One thus decreases the number of licenses available on the server by one.