Network Segmentation and Access Control
Network segmentation and access control are important security features that can be implemented on the Cisco ASR1000 Series Route Processor 2 (RP2) to help protect the network from unauthorized access and potential security threats.
One way to achieve network segmentation on the RP2 is through the use of Virtual Routing and Forwarding (VRF) instances. VRFs allow for the creation of multiple virtual routers within the RP2, each with its own routing table and interfaces. This allows for the separation of different types of traffic, such as guest and corporate traffic, and helps to prevent unauthorized access to sensitive network resources.
Another way to achieve network segmentation is through the use of access control lists (ACLs). ACLs can be applied to interfaces on the RP2 to control the flow of traffic based on predefined rules. For example, an ACL can be used to block traffic from a specific IP address or to allow traffic only from certain IP addresses.
In addition to network segmentation, the RP2 also supports various access control features such as:
- Authentication, Authorization and Accounting (AAA)
- Secure Shell (SSH)
- Secure Sockets Layer (SSL)
- Virtual Private Network (VPN)
Performance and Scalability
The Cisco ASR1000 Series Route Processor 2 (RP2) is designed for high performance and scalability in enterprise and service provider networks.
In terms of performance, the RP2 is equipped with a powerful 8GB DRAM, which allows it to handle a large number of routing table entries and support high-speed data processing. It also supports advanced hardware-based forwarding and queuing mechanisms that help to ensure low latency and high throughput for network traffic.
In terms of scalability, the RP2 supports a wide range of interfaces and modules that can be used to expand the capabilities of the router as the network grows. For example, the RP2 can be paired with various line cards such as the ASR1000-ESP10, which is a embedded services processor that provides advanced security and network services capabilities. Additionally, the RP2 also supports various routing protocols such as OSPF, IS-IS, BGP, and more.
The RP2 also supports various features that help to ensure high availability and redundancy in the network, such as:
- Hot-standby Router Protocol (HSRP)
- Virtual Router Redundancy Protocol (VRRP)
- Gateway Load Balancing Protocol (GLBP)
- Non-Stop Forwarding (NSF)
- Stateful Switchover (SSO)
Troubleshooting and Maintenance
Troubleshooting and maintenance of the ASR1000-RP2 Cisco ASR1000 Series Route Processor 2 involves a variety of tasks to ensure that the device is operating correctly and efficiently.
- Verify the system status: You can use the command-line interface (CLI) to check the system status and verify that all components are up and running. Any error messages displayed on the CLI can indicate a problem that needs to be addressed.
- Check CPU and memory utilization: High CPU and memory utilization can indicate a problem with the system. You can use the CLI to check the utilization and ensure that it is within normal limits.
- Monitor network interfaces: You should monitor the status of the network interfaces on the device to ensure that they are up and running. If an interface is down, you may need to troubleshoot the issue.
- Check routing table: Verify that the routing table is correct and up-to-date. Incorrect routing can cause network connectivity issues.
- Software upgrade or configuration rollback: If necessary, you can perform a software upgrade or rollback to a previous configuration to fix any issues.
- Replace failed hardware: If any hardware components have failed, they will need to be replaced to ensure proper operation of the device.
- Regularly backup the system configuration: It's important to schedule regular backups of the system configuration to ensure that you can quickly restore the device if there are any issues.
- Check logs: Review the device logs to check for any errors or warning messages that may indicate a problem.
- Manufacturer: Cisco
- Manufacturer Part Number: ASR1000-RP2
- Product Model: ASR1000-RP2
- Product Name: Route Processor 2
- Product Type: Route Processor
- Application/Usage: Wide Area Network
- Application/Usage: Data Networking
Interfaces / Ports
- Interfaces/Ports: 1 x 10/100/1000Base-T LAN
- Interfaces/Ports Details: 1 x RJ-45 10/100/1000Base-T Network LAN
- Interfaces/Ports Details: 1 x RJ-45 Auxiliary Management
- Interfaces/Ports Details: 1 x RJ-45 Console Management
- Interfaces/Ports Details: 1 x USB
Media & Performance
- Connectivity Media: Twisted Pair 10/100/1000Base-T
- Data Transfer Rate: 10 Mbps Ethernet
- Data Transfer Rate: 100 Mbps Fast Ethernet
- Data Transfer Rate: 1 Gbps Gigabit Ethernet
- Additional Information:
- Executing routing protocol stacks
- Performing all protocol communications with other routers
- Building and distributing forwarding information to all line cards
- Offer field-replaceable and hot-swappable module to help ensure minimal service disruption
- Offer Stratum-3 clock circuitry and input ports
- Provide USB port for 1-GB Compact Flash memory support
- Offer memory scalability up to 16 GB for RP2
- Cisco ASR 1000 Series Aggregation Services Routers
Routers lead the line as the first line of network security in homes and offices. It prevents intrusion into a network while creating a firewall to provide the highest level of security on several network types. They are the best ways of keeping computer systems, network systems, and information contained in them safe from intrusion.
A router is designed to be more capable than several other network devices such as hubs or switches that can only carry out basic network functions. For instance, a hub only transfers data between network devices without analyzing or doing anything with those data. On the other hand, routers are able to analyze data sent between network devices. They can change the packaging of such data and send it over to a different network.
Routers are the perfect devices to share an internet connection between multiple computers in home networks. A router typically connects to the modem using a network cable. Router networking occurs via a WAN port or the internet. There are also wireless routers that connect to devices using different wireless standards.
The hardware inside these routers allows them to cope with several network use at the same time. Many of these routers come with dual-core and quad-core processors. These processor options allow them to handle lots of data more effectively. Users can use their Wi-Fi routers for activities such as video streaming, online gaming, data backups, and more. Even while carrying out those operations, the routers perform at the highest levels.
Users will get routers that broadcast wireless signals over two frequencies (for dual-band) or more (for tri-band and others). These routers run at frequencies that can cover a wide expanse of area. They are not congested and are perfect for office buildings, homes, and large enterprises. Clients will find routers that emit their signals between 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz.
Built-in Security Features
These router networking devices also come with security features such as device quarantine, firmware updates, automatic updates, and more. The features allow them to provide network-level protection against attacks. With these features, cyber criminals will be unable to infiltrate home networks.
Types of Routers
There are several types of routers that users can benefit from. Some of them include:
- Core Routers. These are the types used by Internet Service Providers. They are the fastest and most powerful types. They sit at the center of the internet and forward data through the main fiber Optics.
- Wireless Routers. These work in a similar manner as a home or business LAN. However, they give room for better mobility for laptops, tablets, and other portable devices. These types offer transmission over short distances.
- Enterprise Routers. These are the types employed by large companies. Organizations use enterprise routers to connect their networks to these core routers.
- Branch Routers. These types connect an enterprise's remote offices to its Wide Area Network (WAN). They come with improved features such as wireless LAN management, time-division multiplexing, WAN acceleration, and more.
- Edge Routers. These are the most commonly used types in homes and small businesses. They are low-capacity devices that connect to the public internet or private WAN, or external LAN.
- Logical Routers. They function similarly to hardware to create several network routes.
Here, you can check more available conditions of your desired product ASR1000-RP2 at a competitive price. We are trying our best to meet your needs on the enterprise-level computer, server, data centre, and networking hardware. You are welcome to ask our live chat or get live representative support over the phone.
Other Available Conditions for this Part
Other Available Categories For - Networking - Router
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.