Routing Protocols and Configuration
The Cisco ASR1000 Series Route Processor 2 (RP2) is a high-performance routing processor that supports various routing protocols and provides advanced routing capabilities. The RP2 comes with 8GB of DRAM, which allows it to handle large routing tables and support more complex network configurations.
The RP2 supports several routing protocols, including Border Gateway Protocol (BGP), Open Shortest Path First (OSPF), Enhanced Interior Gateway Routing Protocol (EIGRP), Routing Information Protocol (RIP), and static routes. These protocols can be configured on the RP2 through the command-line interface (CLI) using the appropriate commands for each protocol.
For example, to configure BGP on the RP2, you would use the "router bgp [AS number]" command to enter BGP configuration mode, and then use commands such as "neighbor [IP address] remote-as [AS number]" to configure BGP neighbors. Similarly, to configure OSPF on the RP2, you would use the "router ospf [process-id]" command to enter OSPF configuration mode, and then use commands such as "network [IP address] [wildcard mask] area [area number]" to configure OSPF interfaces.
The RP2 also supports advanced routing features such as route summarization, route redistribution, and route policy configuration. This allows for more efficient use of network resources and greater flexibility in network design.
It is highly recommended to refer to the Cisco documentation for specific instructions on how to configure the routing protocols on the ASR1000-RP2. Also recommended to follow the best practices and guidelines for configuring routing protocols on the RP2 to ensure stability and optimal performance of the network.
Establishing Internet Connectivity
Establishing Internet connectivity on the Cisco ASR1000 Series Route Processor 2 (RP2) involves configuring a default route that points to an Internet gateway, as well as configuring the necessary routing protocols to exchange routing information with other routers in the network.
The first step in establishing Internet connectivity is to configure a default route on the RP2. This can be done using the "ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 [next hop IP address]" command, where [next hop IP address] is the IP address of the Internet gateway.
Next, you will need to configure the routing protocol that will be used to exchange routing information with other routers in the network. The most commonly used routing protocol for Internet connectivity is Border Gateway Protocol (BGP). To configure BGP on the RP2, you would use the "router bgp [AS number]" command to enter BGP configuration mode, and then use commands such as "neighbor [IP address] remote-as [AS number]" to configure BGP neighbors.
Once BGP is configured, you would then need to configure the routing policies that will be used to control the advertisement and acceptance of routes from BGP neighbors.
Quality of Service (QoS) Capabilities
The Cisco ASR1000 Series Route Processor 2 (RP2) has built-in Quality of Service (QoS) capabilities that allow for the prioritization and management of different types of network traffic. The RP2 supports a wide range of QoS features, including:
- Class-Based Weighted Fair Queuing (CBWFQ): This feature allows for the prioritization of different types of traffic by assigning them to different queues and allocating bandwidth to each queue based on predefined weights.
- Low Latency Queuing (LLQ): This feature allows for the prioritization of delay-sensitive traffic, such as voice and video, by assigning them to a dedicated queue with a higher priority than other traffic.
- Weighted Random Early Detection (WRED): This feature helps to prevent network congestion by randomly dropping packets from low-priority queues when the network becomes congested.
- Traffic Shaping: This feature allows for the control of the rate of traffic flowing into the network. It can be used to prevent oversubscription of network resources and ensure that traffic conforms to the desired level of service.
- Policing: This feature allows for the enforcement of a set of predefined rules to control the rate of traffic flowing into the network. It can be used to prevent oversubscription of network resources and ensure that traffic conforms to the desired level of service.
The configuration of QoS on the RP2 can be done through the command-line interface (CLI) by using the appropriate commands for each feature. It's important to note that the specific QoS configuration will depend on the network and the service provider. It is highly recommended to consult with the service provider for the specific configuration and best practices to follow.
- Manufacturer: Cisco
- Manufacturer Part Number: ASR1000-RP2
- Product Model: ASR1000-RP2
- Product Name: Route Processor 2
- Product Type: Route Processor
- Application/Usage: Wide Area Network
- Application/Usage: Data Networking
Interfaces / Ports
- Interfaces/Ports: 1 x 10/100/1000Base-T LAN
- Interfaces/Ports Details: 1 x RJ-45 10/100/1000Base-T Network LAN
- Interfaces/Ports Details: 1 x RJ-45 Auxiliary Management
- Interfaces/Ports Details: 1 x RJ-45 Console Management
- Interfaces/Ports Details: 1 x USB
Media & Performance
- Connectivity Media: Twisted Pair 10/100/1000Base-T
- Data Transfer Rate: 10 Mbps Ethernet
- Data Transfer Rate: 100 Mbps Fast Ethernet
- Data Transfer Rate: 1 Gbps Gigabit Ethernet
- Additional Information:
- Executing routing protocol stacks
- Performing all protocol communications with other routers
- Building and distributing forwarding information to all line cards
- Offer field-replaceable and hot-swappable module to help ensure minimal service disruption
- Offer Stratum-3 clock circuitry and input ports
- Provide USB port for 1-GB Compact Flash memory support
- Offer memory scalability up to 16 GB for RP2
- Cisco ASR 1000 Series Aggregation Services Routers
About Refurbished Products
Routers lead the line as the first line of network security in homes and offices. It prevents intrusion into a network while creating a firewall to provide the highest level of security on several network types. They are the best ways of keeping computer systems, network systems, and information contained in them safe from intrusion.
A router is designed to be more capable than several other network devices such as hubs or switches that can only carry out basic network functions. For instance, a hub only transfers data between network devices without analyzing or doing anything with those data. On the other hand, routers are able to analyze data sent between network devices. They can change the packaging of such data and send it over to a different network.
Routers are the perfect devices to share an internet connection between multiple computers in home networks. A router typically connects to the modem using a network cable. Router networking occurs via a WAN port or the internet. There are also wireless routers that connect to devices using different wireless standards.
The hardware inside these routers allows them to cope with several network use at the same time. Many of these routers come with dual-core and quad-core processors. These processor options allow them to handle lots of data more effectively. Users can use their Wi-Fi routers for activities such as video streaming, online gaming, data backups, and more. Even while carrying out those operations, the routers perform at the highest levels.
Users will get routers that broadcast wireless signals over two frequencies (for dual-band) or more (for tri-band and others). These routers run at frequencies that can cover a wide expanse of area. They are not congested and are perfect for office buildings, homes, and large enterprises. Clients will find routers that emit their signals between 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz.
Built-in Security Features
These router networking devices also come with security features such as device quarantine, firmware updates, automatic updates, and more. The features allow them to provide network-level protection against attacks. With these features, cyber criminals will be unable to infiltrate home networks.
Types of Routers
There are several types of routers that users can benefit from. Some of them include:
- Core Routers. These are the types used by Internet Service Providers. They are the fastest and most powerful types. They sit at the center of the internet and forward data through the main fiber Optics.
- Wireless Routers. These work in a similar manner as a home or business LAN. However, they give room for better mobility for laptops, tablets, and other portable devices. These types offer transmission over short distances.
- Enterprise Routers. These are the types employed by large companies. Organizations use enterprise routers to connect their networks to these core routers.
- Branch Routers. These types connect an enterprise's remote offices to its Wide Area Network (WAN). They come with improved features such as wireless LAN management, time-division multiplexing, WAN acceleration, and more.
- Edge Routers. These are the most commonly used types in homes and small businesses. They are low-capacity devices that connect to the public internet or private WAN, or external LAN.
- Logical Routers. They function similarly to hardware to create several network routes.
Here, you can check more available conditions of your desired product ASR1000-RP2 at a competitive price. We are trying our best to meet your needs on the enterprise-level computer, server, data centre, and networking hardware. You are welcome to ask our live chat or get live representative support over the phone.
Other Available Conditions for this Part
Other Available Categories For - Networking - Router
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.