Network Scalability and Capacity
The ASR1004 Cisco Aggregation Services Router (ASR) is designed to provide high network scalability and capacity for your network. Some of the key scalability and capacity features of the ASR1004 include:
- 10 Gigabit Ethernet ports: The ASR1004 includes 10 Gigabit Ethernet ports that can be configured for LAN or WAN connectivity, providing high-speed connectivity for your network.
- Virtualization: The ASR1004 supports virtualization, which allows you to create multiple virtual routers on a single physical router, increasing network capacity and reducing hardware costs.
- Quality of Service (QoS): The ASR1004 supports Quality of Service (QoS) which allows you to prioritize network traffic, ensuring that critical applications receive the bandwidth they need.
- MPLS: The ASR1004 supports Multi-Protocol Label Switching (MPLS) which allows you to create virtual private networks (VPNs) over a public infrastructure, increasing network scalability and security.
- High Availability: The ASR1004 supports a variety of High Availability (HA) options, such as stateful switchover (SSO) and non-stop routing (NSR), that allow you to ensure continuous network availability.
- Modularity: The ASR1004 has modular architecture which helps in easy upgradation and maintenance of the device.
Quality of Service (QoS) and Traffic Management
The ASR1004 Cisco Aggregation Services Router (ASR) includes a variety of Quality of Service (QoS) and traffic management features that allow you to prioritize and manage network traffic effectively. Some of the key QoS and traffic management features of the ASR1004 include:
- Class-Based Weighted Fair Queuing (CBWFQ): The ASR1004 supports Class-Based Weighted Fair Queuing (CBWFQ) which allows you to prioritize network traffic by classifying and marking packets, and then allocating bandwidth to each class of traffic according to a pre-configured weight.
- Low Latency Queuing (LLQ): The ASR1004 supports Low Latency Queuing (LLQ) which allows you to prioritize delay-sensitive traffic, such as voice or video, and ensure that it is transmitted with minimal delay.
- Traffic Shaping and Policing: The ASR1004 supports traffic shaping and policing which allows you to control the rate at which traffic is transmitted, and to limit the amount of traffic that a specific class of traffic can generate.
- Quality of Service (QoS) groups: The ASR1004 supports Quality of Service (QoS) groups which allows you to group similar traffic together and apply the same QoS policies to that traffic.
- Congestion Management: The ASR1004 also has congestion management feature which allows you to manage network congestion by providing mechanisms to detect and respond to network congestion.
Routing Protocols Supported by the ASR1004
The ASR1004 Cisco Aggregation Services Router (ASR) supports a wide range of routing protocols, which allows you to easily connect and manage your network. Some of the key routing protocols supported by the ASR1004 include:
- Border Gateway Protocol (BGP): The ASR1004 supports Border Gateway Protocol (BGP) which allows you to exchange routing information between routers in different autonomous systems (AS), and to create virtual private networks (VPNs) over a public infrastructure.
- Open Shortest Path First (OSPF): The ASR1004 supports Open Shortest Path First (OSPF) which allows you to establish routing tables within a single autonomous system (AS) and to support variable-length subnet masking (VLSM)
- Enhanced Interior Gateway Routing Protocol (EIGRP): The ASR1004 supports Enhanced Interior Gateway Routing Protocol (EIGRP) which is a Cisco proprietary protocol that allows for more efficient use of available bandwidth, faster convergence, and better scalability than traditional Interior Gateway Routing Protocol (IGRP).
- Routing Information Protocol (RIP) and RIPv2: The ASR1004 supports Routing Information Protocol (RIP) and RIPv2 which is a distance-vector routing protocol that uses hop count as a metric to determine the best path to a destination.
- IPv4 and IPv6: The ASR1004 supports both IPv4 and IPv6 routing protocols, allowing you to easily transition from IPv4 to IPv6 and to support dual-stack environments.
Key Feature about this Cisco ASR1004
- Manufacturer Cisco
- Part Number or SKU# ASR1004
- Product Series ASR 1000
- Product Model ASR1004
- Product Name ASR1004 Aggregation Services Router
- Product Type Router
I/O Expansions of Cisco ASR 1000 Series Router
- Number of Total Expansion Slots 10
- Expansion Slot Type -
- Shared Port Adapter
- Route Processor
- Embedded Service Processor
Dimension and Weight of Cisco 10 Slots Router
- Form Factor Rack-mountable
- Height 7 Inch
- Width 17.2 Inch
- Depth 22 Inch
- Weight (Approximate) 68.70 lbs
- What's in the box -
- ASR1004 Aggregation Services Router
- 2 x Power Supply
Routers lead the line as the first line of network security in homes and offices. It prevents intrusion into a network while creating a firewall to provide the highest level of security on several network types. They are the best ways of keeping computer systems, network systems, and information contained in them safe from intrusion.
A router is designed to be more capable than several other network devices such as hubs or switches that can only carry out basic network functions. For instance, a hub only transfers data between network devices without analyzing or doing anything with those data. On the other hand, routers are able to analyze data sent between network devices. They can change the packaging of such data and send it over to a different network.
Routers are the perfect devices to share an internet connection between multiple computers in home networks. A router typically connects to the modem using a network cable. Router networking occurs via a WAN port or the internet. There are also wireless routers that connect to devices using different wireless standards.
The hardware inside these routers allows them to cope with several network use at the same time. Many of these routers come with dual-core and quad-core processors. These processor options allow them to handle lots of data more effectively. Users can use their Wi-Fi routers for activities such as video streaming, online gaming, data backups, and more. Even while carrying out those operations, the routers perform at the highest levels.
Users will get routers that broadcast wireless signals over two frequencies (for dual-band) or more (for tri-band and others). These routers run at frequencies that can cover a wide expanse of area. They are not congested and are perfect for office buildings, homes, and large enterprises. Clients will find routers that emit their signals between 2.4 GHz and 5GHz.
Built-in Security Features
These router networking devices also come with security features such as device quarantine, firmware updates, automatic updates, and more. The features allow them to provide network-level protection against attacks. With these features, cybercriminals will be unable to infiltrate home networks.
Types of Routers
There are several types of routers that users can benefit from. Some of them include:
- Core Routers. These are the types used by Internet Service Providers. They are the fastest and most powerful types. They sit at the center of the internet and forward data through the main fiber Optics.
- Wireless Routers. These work in a similar manner as a home or business LAN. However, they give room for better mobility for laptops, tablets, and other portable devices. These types offer transmission over short distances.
- Enterprise Routers. These are the types employed by large companies. Organizations use enterprise routers to connect their networks to these core routers.
- Branch Routers. These types connect an enterprise's remote offices to its Wide Area Network (WAN). They come with improved features such as wireless LAN management, time-division multiplexing, WAN acceleration, and more.
- Edge Routers. These are the most commonly used types in homes and small businesses. They are low-capacity devices that connect to the public internet or private WAN, or external LAN.
- Logical Routers. They function similarly to hardware to create several network routes.
Here, you can check more available conditions of your desired product ASR1004 at a competitive price. We are trying our best to meet your needs on the enterprise-level computer, server, data centre, and networking hardware. You are welcome to ask our live chat or get live representative support over the phone.
Other Available Conditions for this Part
Other Available Categories For - Networking - Router
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.