Good Side of This Phone Adapter
The Cisco ATA190 2-Port VoIP Phone Adapter is a device that allows analog phones and fax machines to connect to a Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) network. It has two analog phone ports, which can be used to connect up to two analog devices to the VoIP network. This Product also has an Ethernet port, which can be used to connect the device to a router or other networking equipment.
This Product is designed to work with a variety of VoIP service providers and can be configured using a web-based interface. It supports a range of features, including caller ID, call waiting, and voicemail, and can be used with standard analog phones or fax machines. This Model is a cost-effective solution for businesses that want to use their existing analog devices with a VoIP network.
The Cisco ATA190 2-Port VoIP Phone Adapter is designed to be compatible with a wide range of devices and systems. It is compatible with a variety of analog phones, including single-line and multi-line phones, fax machines, and modems. This Product is also designed to work with a range of VoIP systems, including Cisco CallManager and other SIP (Session Initiation Protocol) based systems. It is compatible with a range of industry-standard protocols, including SIP, H.323, and MGCP (Media Gateway Control Protocol), making it easy to integrate into existing VoIP networks. In terms of network compatibility, the ATA190 is designed to work with a variety of networks, including IP-based networks, PSTN (Public Switched Telephone Network) networks, and ISDN (Integrated Services Digital Network) networks. It is also equipped with security features such as encryption and authentication to help protect against unauthorized access.
Maintenance and Care
The Cisco ATA190 UC ATA 190 2 Ports VoIP Phone Adapter is a device that allows you to connect your analog telephones or fax machines to a VoIP network. To ensure that your ATA190 works properly and lasts as long as possible, it's important to take care of it and perform regular maintenance. Here are some tips:
- Keep the device clean: The ATA190 should be kept clean and free of dust and debris. Use a soft, dry cloth to wipe it down as needed.
- Check the cables: Check the cables connected to the device regularly to ensure they are not damaged or loose. If you notice any issues, replace or tighten the cables as necessary.
- Update firmware: Check for firmware updates for your ATA190 periodically, and make sure to install them. Firmware updates can provide bug fixes, security patches, and other improvements.
- Backup configuration: Create a backup of the device's configuration regularly so that you can easily restore it if necessary.
- Monitor performance: Keep an eye on the performance of the device and address any issues that arise promptly. If you notice any degradation in call quality or other issues, troubleshoot the device and resolve the issue.
General Information about this Cisco ATA190
- Manufacturer: Cisco
- Part Number or SKU# ATA190
- Product Type: VoIP Gateway
Technical Information of VoIP Phone Adapter
- Form Factor: External
- Connectivity Technology: Wired
Interfaces/Ports for 2 Ports VoIP Adapter
- Serial Port: No
- PoE (RJ-45) Port: No
- USB: No
- Management Port: No
- Number of Network (RJ-45) Ports: 1
- Number of FXS (RJ-11) Ports: 2
Network & Communication
- Ethernet Technology: Fast Ethernet
- Network / Transport Protocol: DHCP
- Remote Management Protocol: TFTP
- Wireless LAN: No
Management & Protocols
- Voice Codec G.729a, G.729ab, G.711a, G.711u
- VoIP Protocols: SIP, SRTP
- Telephony Interfaces: 2 phone (FXS)
- IP Telephony Features: Comfort noise generation (CNG), voice activity detection (VAD), DTMF generation/detection
- Power Device: External power adapter
- Voltage Required: AC 120/230 V / DC 5 V
- Power Consumption Operational: 5 Watt
- Min Operating Temperature: 32 °F
- Max Operating Temperature: 113 °F
- Humidity Range Operating: 0 - 90% (non-condensing)
Dimensions & Weight
- Form Factor Desktop
- Height: 1.1 Inch
- Width 4 Inch
- Depth: 4 Inch
- Weight (Approximate) 0.33 Lbs
- Environmentally Friendly Yes
- Environmental Certification RoHS
The voice over internet protocol gateway essentially acts as a bridge between legacy telephone systems and VoIP solutions by intelligently adapting and routing calls from one medium to another. VoIP is the technology used to make phone calls via the internet rather than through mobile devices or regular landline. A high-speed internet connection is required to support IP telephony. VoIP gateways take analog voice signals and convert them into data packets sent just like digital data over a broadband connection.
The gateway serves to connect traditional phone systems such as ACDs and PBXs with VoIP services or vice versa (connecting VoIP solutions to legacy phone systems). The process of converting voice over IP calls from one code to another is called transcoding. Depending on the VoIP setup, you may be in a position to keep the old phone number.
Normally, gateways will be used to connect to multiple VoIP endpoints such as services and devices to ensure PSTN resources are shared between multiple IP communication systems.
The addition of VoIP networking to legacy phone systems presents the opportunity to add more features and extend the life of legacy equipment. The use of VoIP solutions alongside legacy equipment in a hybrid setup will help in cutting costs and preventing disruption of business processes. The legacy phone system will, therefore, see the gateway as another networked PBX or as the phone service provider. It works as follows: voice signals from phone calls using the PBX are converted into VoIP data and transmitted over the internet using the service provider or VoIP peers. The incoming calls from VoIP are converted into the legacy protocol being used and sent to the PBX.
There are two types of VoIP gateways:
- Analog gateways – used to convert between traditional analog phones and phone lines and VoIP protocols.
- Digital gateways – used to convert between VoIP protocols and different types of digital phone services such as E1, T1, BRI, and PRI.
The biggest benefit of VoIP phones is the cheaper cost of calling compared to landlines especially when calling over a long distance. Some setups are completely free or are bundled together as a package with FTTP connections.
Key features of our VoIP gateways include:
- Compliance with multiple protocols including H.323, MGCP, SCCP, and SIP.
- Automatic provisioning via TFTP/HTTP
- Support for many voice codecs including G.711, G.723.1, G.726, and G.729A.
- Call routing and least-cost call routing capability
- Echo cancellation, Jitter buffering, VAD, and CNG for clarity even on low strength connections.
- T.38 compliance to support faxing.
- Web-based administration/management
VoIP gateways are also used to build redundancy on a system such that the gateway communicates with the primary IP in normal PBX setups. The gateway will communicate with a backup system if there is a failure. The use of a gateway to connect a VoIP system to a traditional phone makes sense if SIP trunks are unavailable or the reliability of a PSTN is needed.
VoIP gateways can also be used for staged migrations by setting it up as a bridge within a legacy PBX setup, the PSTN setup, and the new IP PBX setup. The PSTN setup trunks will be connected to one interface while the second interface will be connected to the legacy PBX trunk port. A VoIP protocol integration is undertaken for the new IP PBX.
The VoIP gateway also offers flexibility by passing calls between two PBXs and becomes useful in allowing some departments within a company to keep using a legacy system as other departments migrate to the VoIP system.We offer a big line of new and refurbished VoIP gateways including wireless, external, 10-100 gateways, and other VoIP solutions from reputable manufacturers that will meet your needs without exceeding your budget.
Here, you can check more available conditions of your desired product ATA190 at a competitive price. We are trying our best to meet your needs on the enterprise-level computer, server, data centre, and networking hardware. You are welcome to ask our live chat or get live representative support over the phone.
Other Available Conditions for this Part
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.