The C2951-VSEC-SRE/K9 Cisco 2951 Integrated Services 3 Ports Router includes a number of security features that can help protect your network from various threats. Some of the key security features of the C2951-VSEC-SRE/K9 include:
- Firewall: The Cisco 2951 includes an integrated stateful firewall that can be configured to block unauthorized access to your network. The firewall can be configured to block specific types of traffic, such as certain types of packets or specific IP addresses.
- VPN: The router supports a variety of VPN protocols, such as IPsec and SSL, which can be used to create secure, encrypted connections to remote networks. This allows users to securely access your network from remote locations.
- Intrusion Prevention System (IPS): The router includes an IPS feature that can be used to detect and prevent network intrusions. The IPS feature uses signature-based detection to identify known attack patterns and can be configured to block or log suspicious activity.
- Identity Management: The router includes support for Cisco Identity Services Engine (ISE) which allows the administrator to secure access to the network by providing identity-based access control. This allows administrators to set policies based on the identity of the user or device.
- Access Control List (ACL): The router supports the use of access control lists (ACLs) that can be used to restrict access to specific network resources based on the IP address or other criteria.
- Secure communication: The router includes support for Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) and Transport Layer Security (TLS) to secure communication between devices.
- Virtualization: The router supports virtualization technologies, such as VMs and containers, which can be used to create isolated environments within the router. This can help to improve security by separating different types of traffic and reducing the attack surface.
- Encryption: The router supports encryption protocols such as AES, which can be used to encrypt data in transit to protect it from unauthorized access.
Quality of Service (QoS) Capabilities
The C2951-VSEC-SRE/K9 Cisco 2951 Integrated Services Router has a number of Quality of Service (QoS) capabilities that can be used to manage and prioritize network traffic. Some of the key QoS features of the C2951-VSEC-SRE/K9 include:
- Class-Based Weighted Fair Queuing (CBWFQ): CBWFQ allows the administrator to assign different priorities to different types of traffic, such as voice or video, to ensure that these types of traffic receive the bandwidth they require.
- Low Latency Queuing (LLQ): LLQ is a queuing mechanism that gives priority to interactive traffic such as voice and video. This helps to minimize delay and jitter for these types of traffic.
- Traffic Shaping: Traffic shaping allows the administrator to control the rate of traffic flowing out of an interface by specifying the maximum rate and burst size. This helps to ensure that traffic does not exceed the available bandwidth and cause congestion on the network.
- Policy-Based Routing (PBR): PBR allows the administrator to specify routing policies based on the type of traffic. This allows the administrator to direct certain types of traffic to specific interfaces or next-hop routers.
- Quality of Service (QoS) Preclassify: It is a feature that allows the router to classify incoming traffic based on the Differentiated Services Code Point (DSCP) value in the IP header, regardless of the interface on which the traffic enters the router.
- Link Fragmentation and Interleaving (LFI): LFI allows the router to fragment large packets into smaller ones, which helps to reduce the delay and jitter of voice traffic that is sent over Frame Relay or ATM networks.
Management and Monitoring Features
The C2951-VSEC-SRE/K9 Cisco 2951 Integrated Services 3 Ports Router includes a number of management and monitoring features that allow you to manage and monitor the performance and status of your network. Some of the key management and monitoring features of the C2951-VSEC-SRE/K9 include:
- Command-line Interface (CLI): The router includes a command-line interface (CLI) that can be used to configure and manage the router. The CLI is based on Cisco IOS, which is a widely-used network operating system that provides a range of commands for configuring and managing network devices.
- Web-based Interface: The router also includes a web-based interface that allows you to manage and monitor the router from a web browser. The web interface provides a graphical user interface (GUI) that makes it easy to navigate through the various configuration options.
- SNMP: The router supports Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP), which allows you to monitor and manage the router from a remote network management station. SNMP can be used to collect performance and status information, such as CPU and memory usage, and to receive alerts when certain conditions are met.
- Syslog: The router supports syslog, which is a standard for sending event notification messages. Syslog can be used to collect log messages from the router, which can be useful for troubleshooting and monitoring the status of the router.
- Netflow: The router supports Netflow, which is a Cisco proprietary feature that allows you to collect detailed information on network traffic. This can be used to monitor traffic patterns, detect potential security threats, and optimize network performance.
- Network Assurance Engine: The router includes a Network Assurance Engine (NAE) which allows you to monitor and troubleshoot network issues. It allows you to view the health of the network and detect potential issues before they become critical.
- Automatic software updates: The router supports automatic software updates, which allows you to keep the router's software up-to-date with the latest security patches and features.
Main Information about this Cisco C2951-VSEC-SRE/K9
- Model Number or SKU# C2951-VSEC-SRE/K9
- Product Series 2900
- Product Model 2951
- Product Name 2951 Integrated Services Router
- Product Type Router
Interfaces / Ports of Cisco Router
- Total Number of Ports 3
- USB Yes
- Management Port Yes
- Number of Broadband (RJ-45) Ports 3
I/O Expansions of Cisco 3 Ports Router
- Number of Total Expansion Slots 13
- Expansion Slot Type PVDM
- Expansion Slot Type HWIC
- Expansion Slot Type SFP (mini-GBIC)
- Network & Communication
- Network Technology 10/100/1000Base-T
- Ethernet Technology Gigabit Ethernet
Management & Protocols of Cisco Integrated Services Router
- Security Features-
- Stateful Firewall
- Intrusion Prevention
- Content Filtering
- Standard Memory 512 MB
- Maximum Memory 4 GB
- Memory Technology SDRAM
- Flash Memory 256 MB
- Memory Card Supported CompactFlash (CF) Card
- Input Voltage 220 V AC
- Input Voltage 110 V AC
- Power Source Power Supply
Dimensions & Weight
- Height : 3.5 inch
- Width : 17.3 inch
- Depth : 18.5 inch
- Weight : 29.76 lbs
About Refurbished Products
Routers lead the line as the first line of network security in homes and offices. It prevents intrusion into a network while creating a firewall to provide the highest level of security on several network types. They are the best ways of keeping computer systems, network systems, and information contained in them safe from intrusion.
A router is designed to be more capable than several other network devices such as hubs or switches that can only carry out basic network functions. For instance, a hub only transfers data between network devices without analyzing or doing anything with those data. On the other hand, routers are able to analyze data sent between network devices. They can change the packaging of such data and send it over to a different network.
Routers are the perfect devices to share an internet connection between multiple computers in home networks. A router typically connects to the modem using a network cable. Router networking occurs via a WAN port or the internet. There are also wireless routers that connect to devices using different wireless standards.
The hardware inside these routers allows them to cope with several network use at the same time. Many of these routers come with dual-core and quad-core processors. These processor options allow them to handle lots of data more effectively. Users can use their Wi-Fi routers for activities such as video streaming, online gaming, data backups, and more. Even while carrying out those operations, the routers perform at the highest levels.
Users will get routers that broadcast wireless signals over two frequencies (for dual-band) or more (for tri-band and others). These routers run at frequencies that can cover a wide expanse of area. They are not congested and are perfect for office buildings, homes, and large enterprises. Clients will find routers that emit their signals between 2.4 GHz and 5GHz.
Built-in Security Features
These router networking devices also come with security features such as device quarantine, firmware updates, automatic updates, and more. The features allow them to provide network-level protection against attacks. With these features, cybercriminals will be unable to infiltrate home networks.
Types of Routers
There are several types of routers that users can benefit from. Some of them include:
- Core Routers. These are the types used by Internet Service Providers. They are the fastest and most powerful types. They sit at the center of the internet and forward data through the main fiber Optics.
- Wireless Routers. These work in a similar manner as a home or business LAN. However, they give room for better mobility for laptops, tablets, and other portable devices. These types offer transmission over short distances.
- Enterprise Routers. These are the types employed by large companies. Organizations use enterprise routers to connect their networks to these core routers.
- Branch Routers. These types connect an enterprise's remote offices to its Wide Area Network (WAN). They come with improved features such as wireless LAN management, time-division multiplexing, WAN acceleration, and more.
- Edge Routers. These are the most commonly used types in homes and small businesses. They are low-capacity devices that connect to the public internet or private WAN, or external LAN.
- Logical Routers. They function similarly to hardware to create several network routes.
Here, you can check more available conditions of your desired product C2951-VSEC-SRE/K9 at a competitive price. We are trying our best to meet your needs on the enterprise-level computer, server, data centre, and networking hardware. You are welcome to ask our live chat or get live representative support over the phone.
Other Available Conditions for this Part
Other Available Categories For - Networking - Router
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.