Maximizing Performance and Scalability
Maximizing the performance and scalability of a Cisco 3925E Integrated Services Router (C3925E-VSEC/K9) involves implementing strategies and techniques to ensure that the router can handle the demands of a growing network, while maintaining optimal performance and reliability. Here are a few ways to maximize the performance and scalability of the C3925E-VSEC/K9 router:
- Utilizing Modular interfaces: The C3925E-VSEC/K9 has a variety of modular interfaces, such as Gigabit Ethernet, T1/E1, and serial, that can be used to increase the overall capacity and performance of the router. By adding more interfaces, you can increase the number of devices that can be connected to the network and also increase the throughput of the router.
- Utilizing Quality of Service (QoS): QoS is a set of technologies and techniques that can be used to prioritize and manage network traffic. By implementing QoS, you can ensure that critical applications and services receive the bandwidth and resources they need, while non-critical traffic is managed in a way that does not impact the performance of the network.
- Utilizing High-speed routing: The C3925E-VSEC/K9 supports high-speed routing for data, voice, and video traffic, with throughput of up to 2 Gbps. By utilizing these high-speed routing features, you can ensure that the network can handle the demands of high-bandwidth applications and services.
- Utilizing Advanced security: The router includes a variety of advanced security features, such as firewall, VPN, Intrusion Prevention System (IPS), and Identity Services Engine (ISE), to help protect the network and its resources from a wide range of security threats and attacks. By implementing these security features, you can help to ensure that the network is protected from potential security threats, which can help to increase overall network performance and scalability.
- Utilizing Network Management tools: Cisco provides several network management tools that can be used to monitor, troubleshoot, and optimize the network. These tools can provide detailed information about the network and its resources, which can be used to identify and resolve performance and scalability issues.
- Utilizing Software Upgrade: Regular software upgrades can help to improve the performance and scalability of the router by providing new features and capabilities, as well as addressing bugs and other issues.
Backup and Restore Procedures
The Cisco 3925E Integrated Services Router (C3925E-VSEC/K9) supports several methods for backing up and restoring the router's configuration. Here are a few common methods:
- Using the Cisco Configuration Professional (CCP) or CLI: The router can be configured and managed using the Cisco Configuration Professional (CCP) or the Command Line Interface (CLI). Both of these interfaces allow you to save the current configuration to a file, which can then be used to restore the configuration in case of failure or other issues.
- Using the "copy" command in CLI: The router can be configured and managed using the Command Line Interface (CLI). By using the "copy" command in CLI, the current configuration can be saved to a file, which can then be used to restore the configuration in case of failure or other issues.
- Using a TFTP server: The router's configuration can be backed up to a Trivial File Transfer Protocol (TFTP) server. This can be done using the "copy" command in CLI, which allows you to copy the current configuration to a file on a TFTP server. To restore the configuration, the file can be copied back to the router from the TFTP server.
- Using the Cisco Network Services Manager (NSM): The Cisco Network Services Manager (NSM) is a network management platform that can be used to manage and configure multiple routers, including the C3925E-VSEC/K9. The NSM allows you to save the configuration of the router to a file, which can then be used to restore the configuration in case of failure or other issues.
Quality of Service (QoS) Capabilities
The Cisco 3925E Integrated Services Router (C3925E-VSEC/K9) supports Quality of Service (QoS) capabilities that can be used to prioritize and manage network traffic to ensure that critical applications and services receive the bandwidth and resources they need. Some of the key QoS features and capabilities of the C3925E-VSEC/K9 include:
- Class-Based Weighted Fair Queuing (CBWFQ): This feature allows you to assign different priorities to different types of traffic, based on their IP address, protocol, or port number, and then allocate bandwidth to each class of traffic accordingly.
- Low Latency Queuing (LLQ): This feature is used to give priority to delay-sensitive traffic, such as voice and video, over less critical traffic, such as data and email. This helps to ensure that delay-sensitive traffic is delivered with minimal delay, even during periods of high network congestion.
- Weighted Random Early Detection (WRED): This feature is used to manage congestion on the router by randomly dropping packets that belong to lower-priority traffic classes when the buffer becomes full. This helps to ensure that delay-sensitive traffic is delivered with minimal delay, even during periods of high network congestion.
- Modular Quality of Service Command-Line Interface (MQC): This feature provides a powerful and flexible way to configure and manage QoS on the router. It allows you to create and manage a wide range of QoS policies and apply them to different types of traffic, based on their IP address, protocol, or port number.
- Class-Based Marking (CB Marking): This feature allows you to mark the traffic based on their priority, for example, voice traffic can be marked with DSCP value of EF and data traffic can be marked with DSCP value of AF31. This marking can be used for downstream devices for further traffic management.
- Link Efficiency Mechanisms: The C3925E-VSEC/K9 also supports several Link Efficiency Mechanisms such as Compression, Fragmentation, Interleaving and Header compression to increase the overall efficiency of the link and reduce the bandwidth consumption.
- Manufacturer: Cisco
- Manufacturer Part Number: C3925E-VSEC/K9
- Product Series: 3900
- Product Name: 3925E Integrated Services Router
- Product Type: Router
- Total Number of Ports: 4
- USB: Yes
- Management Port: Yes
- Number of Broadband (RJ-45) Ports: 4
- Number of Total Expansion Slots: 11
- Expansion Slot Type: HWIC
- Expansion Slot Type: PVDM
- Expansion Slot Type: SFP (mini-GBIC)
Network & Communication
- Network Technology: 10/100/1000Base-T
- Ethernet Technology: Gigabit Ethernet
Management & Protocols
- Security Features:
- Cisco Security Manager
- Cisco IOS Firewall
- Cisco IOS Zone-Based Firewall
- Cisco IOS IPS
- Cisco IOS Content Filtering
- Flexible Packet Matching (FPM)
- Standard Memory: 1 GB
- Maximum Memory: 2 GB
- Memory Technology: DRAM
- Flash Memory: 256 MB
- Memory Card Supported: CompactFlash (CF) Card
- PoE (RJ-45) Port: Yes
- Input Voltage: 110 V AC
- Input Voltage: 220 V AC
- Power Source: Power Supply
Routers lead the line as the first line of network security in homes and offices. It prevents intrusion into a network while creating a firewall to provide the highest level of security on several network types. They are the best ways of keeping computer systems, network systems, and information contained in them safe from intrusion.
A router is designed to be more capable than several other network devices such as hubs or switches that can only carry out basic network functions. For instance, a hub only transfers data between network devices without analyzing or doing anything with those data. On the other hand, routers are able to analyze data sent between network devices. They can change the packaging of such data and send it over to a different network.
Routers are the perfect devices to share an internet connection between multiple computers in home networks. A router typically connects to the modem using a network cable. Router networking occurs via a WAN port or the internet. There are also wireless routers that connect to devices using different wireless standards.
The hardware inside these routers allows them to cope with several network use at the same time. Many of these routers come with dual-core and quad-core processors. These processor options allow them to handle lots of data more effectively. Users can use their Wi-Fi routers for activities such as video streaming, online gaming, data backups, and more. Even while carrying out those operations, the routers perform at the highest levels.
Users will get routers that broadcast wireless signals over two frequencies (for dual-band) or more (for tri-band and others). These routers run at frequencies that can cover a wide expanse of area. They are not congested and are perfect for office buildings, homes, and large enterprises. Clients will find routers that emit their signals between 2.4 GHz and 5GHz.
Built-in Security Features
These router networking devices also come with security features such as device quarantine, firmware updates, automatic updates, and more. The features allow them to provide network-level protection against attacks. With these features, cybercriminals will be unable to infiltrate home networks.
Types of Routers
There are several types of routers that users can benefit from. Some of them include:
- Core Routers. These are the types used by Internet Service Providers. They are the fastest and most powerful types. They sit at the center of the internet and forward data through the main fiber Optics.
- Wireless Routers. These work in a similar manner as a home or business LAN. However, they give room for better mobility for laptops, tablets, and other portable devices. These types offer transmission over short distances.
- Enterprise Routers. These are the types employed by large companies. Organizations use enterprise routers to connect their networks to these core routers.
- Branch Routers. These types connect an enterprise's remote offices to its Wide Area Network (WAN). They come with improved features such as wireless LAN management, time-division multiplexing, WAN acceleration, and more.
- Edge Routers. These are the most commonly used types in homes and small businesses. They are low-capacity devices that connect to the public internet or private WAN, or external LAN.
- Logical Routers. They function similarly to hardware to create several network routes.
Here, you can check more available conditions of your desired product C3925E-VSEC/K9 at a competitive price. We are trying our best to meet your needs on the enterprise-level computer, server, data centre, and networking hardware. You are welcome to ask our live chat or get live representative support over the phone.
Other Available Conditions for this Part
Other Available Categories For - Networking - Router
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.