Advanced Network Management
The C3KX-NM-1G is a 4-port GE network module designed for use with Cisco Catalyst 3K-X series switches. To effectively manage this network module, you should familiarize yourself with its configuration and management options.
Here are some advanced network management tips for the C3KX-NM-1G:
- Configure VLANs: You can use VLANs to segregate network traffic and improve security. You can configure VLANs using the switch's command-line interface (CLI) or the web-based graphical user interface (GUI). You can assign different VLANs to each of the four ports on the C3KX-NM-1G.
- Configure Link Aggregation Control Protocol (LACP): LACP is a protocol used to aggregate multiple physical links between switches to create a single logical link with increased bandwidth and redundancy. You can configure LACP on the C3KX-NM-1G using the CLI or the GUI.
- Configure Quality of Service (QoS): QoS allows you to prioritize network traffic based on its importance. You can configure QoS on the C3KX-NM-1G using the CLI or the GUI. You can assign different QoS policies to different VLANs or to different types of traffic.
- Configure Spanning Tree Protocol (STP): STP is a protocol used to prevent loops in a network topology. You can configure STP on the C3KX-NM-1G using the CLI or the GUI.
- Monitor network performance: You can monitor the performance of the C3KX-NM-1G and the connected devices using various tools such as Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP), NetFlow, and Cisco Prime Infrastructure. You can use these tools to identify and troubleshoot network issues, optimize performance, and plan for future upgrades.
- Implement security measures: You can implement various security measures to protect your network, such as Access Control Lists (ACLs), Port Security, and Secure Shell (SSH). You can configure these measures using the CLI or the GUI.
- Keep the firmware up to date: It is important to keep the firmware on the C3KX-NM-1G and the connected switches up to date to ensure optimal performance and security. You can download the latest firmware from the Cisco website and install it using the CLI or the GUI.
Power Options and Redundancy
The C3KX-NM-1G is a 4-port Gigabit Ethernet network module designed for use with Cisco Catalyst 3K-X series switches. In terms of power options and redundancy, here are some key points to consider:
- Power options: The C3KX-NM-1G can be powered using PoE (Power over Ethernet) or an external power supply. If you are using PoE, make sure that your switch provides enough power to support the module and any connected devices. If you are using an external power supply, make sure that it meets the module's power requirements.
- Redundancy: The C3KX-NM-1G does not have built-in redundancy. However, you can achieve redundancy by using multiple modules in the same switch or by using multiple switches in a redundant topology.
To use multiple modules in the same switch, you can install two or more C3KX-NM-1G modules and configure link aggregation control protocol (LACP) to create a redundant link between the modules and the connected devices. This way, if one module or port fails, traffic can be automatically redirected to the remaining modules or ports.
To use multiple switches in a redundant topology, you can connect the switches using a high-availability (HA) protocol such as Cisco's Virtual Switching System (VSS) or StackWise. These protocols allow multiple switches to be managed as a single entity, providing automatic failover in case of a switch or module failure.
Quality of Service (QoS) and Traffic Management
The C3KX-NM-1G Cisco 4 Ports Gigabit Ethernet Network Module is a network module designed to provide additional ports for Cisco Catalyst 3K-X series switches. As such, it does not have built-in Quality of Service (QoS) or traffic management capabilities. However, the Catalyst 3K-X series switches that the module is designed for do have robust QoS and traffic management features that can be configured to provide granular control over network traffic.
QoS is a set of technologies and techniques used to prioritize different types of traffic on a network. It allows network administrators to ensure that mission-critical traffic, such as VoIP and video conferencing, receive priority over less important traffic, such as email or file transfers. The Catalyst 3K-X series switches support a range of QoS mechanisms, including classification, marking, queuing, and scheduling. These features allow administrators to identify and classify traffic based on its type, assign it a priority level, and ensure that it is delivered in a timely manner.
Traffic management refers to the process of managing network traffic to ensure that it is flowing smoothly and efficiently. The Catalyst 3K-X series switches support a variety of traffic management features, including rate limiting, congestion avoidance, and load balancing. These features can be used to prevent network congestion, ensure that critical applications have sufficient bandwidth, and optimize network performance.
To configure QoS and traffic management on a Catalyst 3K-X series switch, administrators can use the Cisco IOS command-line interface (CLI) or the Cisco Network Assistant graphical user interface (GUI). These tools provide a range of options for configuring QoS policies, defining traffic classes, setting up queuing and scheduling parameters, and configuring traffic management features.
General Information about this Cisco C3KX-NM-1G
- Manufacturer: Cisco
- Part Number or SKU# C3KX-NM-1G
- Product Type: Network Module
Technical Information of Network Module
- Application/Usage: Data Networking
Interfaces/Ports of 4 Ports Module
- Total Number of Ports: 4
- Interfaces/Ports: 1 x 1000Base-X
- Interfaces/Ports Details: 1 x 1000Base-X Network
Media & Performance
- Ethernet Technology: Gigabit Ethernet
- Network Technology: 1000Base-X
- Connectivity Technology: Wired
- Data Link Protocol: Gigabit Ethernet
- Status Indicators: Link/activity
Expansion / Connectivity
- Expansion Slots: 4 (total) / 4 (free) x SFP
- Compatible Slots: 1 x expansion slot
- Operating temperature: -5 to 45°C up to 5000ft elevation, -5 to 40°C up to 10000ft elevation
- Storage temperature: -40 to 70°C
- Relative humidity operating, noncondensing: 5 to 95% non-condensing
- Relative humidity non-operating, noncondensing: 5 to 95% non-condensing
- Operating altitude: 10,000 ft. (3000m)
- Storage altitude: 15,000 ft. (4750
- Cisco Catalyst 3560X-24P/L/S and 3560X-48P/L/S: These are 24- and 48-port switches with PoE (Power over Ethernet) capability, which allows them to power connected devices such as IP phones and wireless access points.
- Cisco Catalyst 3560X-24T/L/S and 3560X-48T/L/S: These are 24- and 48-port switches with RJ-45 connectors for connecting devices via Ethernet cables.
- Cisco Catalyst 3750X-12S/E/S: This is a 12-port switch with SFP (Small Form-Factor Pluggable) uplinks, which can be used to connect to other network devices or to fiber optic cabling.
- Cisco Catalyst 3750X-24P/L/S and 3750X-48P/L/S: These are 24- and 48-port switches with PoE capability.
- Cisco Catalyst 3750X-24S/E/S and 3750X-48S/E/S: These are 24- and 48-port switches with SFP+ uplinks, which provide higher bandwidth than SFP uplinks.
- Cisco Catalyst 3750X-24T/L/S and 3750X-48T/L/S: These are 24- and 48-port switches with RJ-45 connectors.
- Cisco Catalyst 3750X-48PF/L/S and 3750X-48P/L/S: These are 48-port switches with PoE capability, but the "PF" version provides higher power output for devices that require more power.
About New Bulk Pack Products
Here, you can check more available conditions of your desired product C3KX-NM-1G at a competitive price. We are trying our best to meet your needs on the enterprise-level computer, server, data centre, and networking hardware. You are welcome to ask our live chat or get live representative support over the phone.
Other Available Conditions for this Part
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.