Performance and Speed of 10GE Expansion Module
The Cisco C9400-LC-48UX is a high-performance 48-port Universal Power over Ethernet (UPOE) line card with 10 Gigabit Ethernet (10GE) interfaces. The module is designed for use with the Cisco Catalyst 9400 Series Switches, which are high-density enterprise-class switches with advanced features for campus, branch, and data center networks.
In terms of performance, the C9400-LC-48UX line card provides up to 90 watts of power per port for powering high-performance devices such as access points, IP phones, and cameras. The module also supports IEEE 802.3at PoE+ and Cisco UPOE, providing greater flexibility and investment protection for customers. The 10GE interfaces support speeds of up to 10 Gbps, providing high-speed connectivity for bandwidth-intensive applications.
The speed of the C9400-LC-48UX line card is determined by the bandwidth of the 10GE interfaces. Each 10GE interface provides up to 10 Gbps of bandwidth, allowing for high-speed data transfer between devices. The module also supports link aggregation (LAG) and Virtual PortChannel (vPC) technology, which can increase the available bandwidth and provide greater redundancy and resiliency for mission-critical applications.
Power Management and Efficiency
The Cisco C9400-LC-48UX is a 48-port UPoE (Universal Power over Ethernet) 10GE (10 Gigabit Ethernet) expansion module for the Cisco Catalyst 9400 Series switches. It is designed to provide high-speed data connectivity and power to a wide range of devices, including IP phones, cameras, access points, and other network devices.
In terms of power management, the C9400-LC-48UX supports UPoE, which provides up to 60 watts of power per port, allowing it to power a variety of high-power devices such as PTZ cameras and high-performance access points. It also supports Cisco's Energy Efficient Ethernet (EEE) standard, which helps reduce power consumption during periods of low network traffic by automatically reducing the power consumption of the switch ports.
In terms of efficiency, the C9400-LC-48UX is designed to provide high-speed data connectivity while minimizing power consumption. It uses advanced hardware and software features, such as low-power ASICs (Application-Specific Integrated Circuits), to reduce power consumption and improve energy efficiency. Additionally, it supports virtualization technologies such as Cisco StackWise Virtual and Cisco DNA Virtualization, which allow multiple physical switches to be managed as a single logical switch, further improving efficiency by reducing the number of physical devices that need to be powered and cooled.
Installation and Configuration
The Cisco C9400-LC-48UX is a 48-port UPoE (Universal Power over Ethernet) 10G Ethernet expansion module that can be installed on Cisco Catalyst 9400 Series switches. Here are the steps to install and configure the module:
- Shut down the switch: Before installing the module, shut down the switch and disconnect all cables from the rear panel.
- Remove the module slot cover: Locate the module slot cover on the rear panel of the switch and remove it by unscrewing the screws or releasing the locking mechanism.
- Install the module: Carefully slide the module into the module slot until it clicks into place. Make sure the module is seated properly.
- Connect cables: Connect the network cables to the ports on the module. Ensure that the cables are securely connected.
- Power on the switch: Power on the switch and wait for it to boot up. The module should be automatically detected and initialized by the switch.
- Configure the module: Once the module is installed and recognized by the switch, you can configure it using the Cisco IOS command-line interface (CLI). Use the following commands to configure the module:
- show module: Displays information about the installed modules.
- configure terminal: Enters global configuration mode.
- interface TenGigabitEthernet slot/port: Enters the configuration mode for the specified module port.
- switchport mode access: Configures the port to operate as an access port.
- switchport access vlan vlan-id: Configures the VLAN for the access port.
- power inline auto max 60.0: Configures the maximum power for UPoE devices.
- Save the configuration: Once you have configured the module, save the configuration using the "copy running-config startup-config" command to ensure that the configuration is not lost in case of a power failure or switch reboot.
That's it! Your Cisco C9400-LC-48UX module should now be installed and configured.
- Manufacturer: Cisco Systems, Inc
- Manufacturer Part Number: C9400-LC-48UX
- Brand Name: Cisco
- Product Name: Catalyst 9400 Series 48 Port Upoe 24P mGig
- Product Model: C9400-LC-48UX
- Product Type: Expansion Module
Media & Performance
- Media Type Supported: Twisted Pair
- Twisted Pair Cable Standard: Category 5e
- Ethernet Technology: 10 Gigabit Ethernet
- Gigabit Ethernet
- Network Technology: 10GBase-T
- Application / Usage: Data Networking
- Interfaces / Ports:
- Interfaces / Ports Details: 24 x RJ-45 10GBase-T UPoE LAN
- 24 x RJ-45 10/100/1000Base-T UPoE LAN
- Environmentally Friendly: Yes
- Environmental Certification: RoHS-5
About Refurbished Products
For all your expansion module needs, we've got you covered with high-performance devices that increase functional capability and ease business processes.
You can talk to any of our staff and consult on what would be the best way forward when getting an expansion module to complement and enhance existing infrastructure and meet your immediate and future needs.
We have hardware level 12 with firmware 3.0 or higher modules that allow for the installation of up to 14 expansion modules below the base module for resilient performance. Expansion modules connect to the base module using USB Type-A connectors. That's not all, we have hardware level 11 and lower that supports up to 9 expansion modules.
With an expansion module, you get additional cartridge storage as well as tape drive capacity. We have expansion modules that contain up to two drives and two power supplies. You can choose to have the expansion module with tape drives and power supply installed so that it makes setup easier from your end. Expansion modules will need a power supply only if you install a tape drive in them. A single power supply can actually power two drives. However, you can add a second power supply for redundancy purposes. Without a tape drive, the expansion module is powered via the USB cable connected to the base module.
Expansion modules require 2U rack space and will be shipped with the necessary mounting hardware used to secure them to the rack.
The top features of the expansion modules we've listed include:
- High-resolution LCD screens of up to 5" with backlight for a vibrant visual experience and ease of use. The expansion modules have programmable line keys ensuring that the interface is intuitive and interactive.
- Straightforward setup to facilitate easy installation.
- Availability of a wide range of custom configurations
- Advanced call handling and contact management capabilities to help increase productivity.
- XML browser functionality
- Compatibility across systems which helps to leverage existing IT infrastructure investment. All the expansion modules we've made available will help to enhance your existing desktop solutions.
- Seamless fusion with planar and fibre technology
- Compatibility with phone models such as SIP-T27P and SIP-T29G helps to expand functionality.
- Availability of color icons that enhance the visual experience for users. There are color-coded independent actionable control keys that facilitate fast switching between pages.
- Ability to link together a maximum of six phone systems and up to two expansion modules from a single host phone.
- Support for up to 3 modules on a daisy-chain
- Reduced excess loss and PDL
- Support for advanced call functions including call forwarding, call transfers, multi-person conferencing, call pickup, LDAP, speed dial, and BFL list.
- Shipped with a stand that has two adjustable angles
You can find almost every module option in our catalogue, we have modules with different numbers of ports, from 1-port options to 50- and 90-port options, you can also check out our 20 Gigabit, 48 Gigabit, and 100 Gigabit expansion modules. Browse through our categories to find the best option for your needs.
All expansion modules make for ideal solutions for administrative assistants, receptionists, and contact center employees due to the ability to easily manage large call volumes and monitor a large number of contacts.
Here, you can check more available conditions of your desired product C9400-LC-48UX at a competitive price. We are trying our best to meet your needs on the enterprise-level computer, server, data centre, and networking hardware. You are welcome to ask our live chat or get live representative support over the phone.
Other Available Conditions for this Part
Other Available Categories For - Networking - Expansion Module
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.