The C9800-L-C-K9 Cisco Catalyst 9800-L Wireless LAN Controller is designed for high-performance wireless networks. It is part of the Cisco Catalyst 9800 series, which is a next-generation wireless controller platform that provides centralized management and control of wireless networks.
This product model is specifically designed for large-scale deployments and can support up to 100 access points and 10,000 wireless clients. It provides advanced wireless capabilities such as:
- Support for Cisco DNA Spaces for location-based services, including real-time location tracking, location analytics, and location-based security.
- Support for Cisco SD-Access, which is a software-defined access solution that allows for segmentation of the network based on user and device attributes.
- Support for Cisco Meraki MR Access Points, which allows for integration with Cisco Meraki cloud-managed solutions.
- Support for advanced security features such as Cisco Identity Services Engine (ISE) for network access control, Cisco TrustSec for secure access, and Cisco Umbrella for cloud-delivered security.
- Support for 802.11ax (Wi-Fi 6) to provide faster speeds, improved performance, and greater capacity in high-density environments.
Robust Security and Dynamic Quality
The C9800-L-C-K9 Cisco Catalyst 9800-L Wireless LAN Controller is a robust and secure device that provides dynamic quality of service (QoS) for wireless networks.
Regarding security, the controller includes a number of features to protect wireless networks, such as:
- Wireless Intrusion Prevention System (WIPS): To detect and prevent wireless threats such as rogue access points and unauthorized clients.
- Cisco Identity Services Engine (ISE): To provide context-aware identity-based access control, including authentication, authorization, and posture assessment.
- Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) and Temporal Key Integrity Protocol (TKIP) encryption: To protect wireless traffic from eavesdropping and tampering.
Regarding Quality of Service (QoS), the controller provides dynamic QoS to ensure that wireless networks are able to meet the needs of different types of applications and users. This includes:
- Automatic radio resource management (RRM) : to optimize the use of wireless resources such as channels and transmit power.
- Traffic shaping and prioritization: to ensure that critical applications receive the bandwidth they need.
- Wireless Multi-User MIMO (MU-MIMO) : to increase capacity and improve performance by allowing multiple clients to be served simultaneously.
Benefits and Features
The C9800-L-C-K9 Cisco Catalyst 9800-L Wireless LAN Controller is a device that provides a number of benefits and features for managing wireless networks, including:
- High availability: The controller can be configured in a variety of ways to ensure that there is no single point of failure, such as by using redundant power supplies and network connections.
- Scalability: The controller can manage up to 50,000 wireless clients and support multiple wireless networks, making it suitable for large-scale deployments.
- Robust security: The controller includes a number of features to protect wireless networks, such as wireless intrusion prevention system (WIPS), Cisco Identity Services Engine (ISE), and advanced encryption standard (AES) and temporal key integrity protocol (TKIP) encryption.
- Dynamic quality of service (QoS): The controller provides dynamic QoS to ensure that wireless networks are able to meet the needs of different types of applications and users. This includes automatic radio resource management (RRM), traffic shaping and prioritization, and wireless multi-user MIMO (MU-MIMO).
- Flexibility: The controller supports a wide range of wireless standards and protocols, including 802.11ac Wave 2, 802.11ax, and 802.11n, which makes it suitable for different types of wireless networks.
General Information about this Cisco C9800-L-C-K9
- Manufacturer: Cisco
- Model Number or SKU# C9800-L-C-K9
- Product Line: Catalyst
- Product Model: 9800-L
- Product Type: Wireless LAN Controller
Technical Information for WLAN Controller
- Wireless LAN Standard: 802.11ax
- Frequency Band: 5 GHz
- Frequency Band: 2.40 GHz
- Ethernet Technology: 2.5 Gigabit Ethernet
- Ethernet Technology: 10 Gigabit Ethernet
- Number of Network (RJ-45) Ports: 6
- USB: Yes
- Management Port: Yes
Product Dimensions & Weight of 6 Ports Wireless
- Form Factor Rack-Mountable
- Height 1.6 Inch
- Width 8.5 Inch
- Depth 9.1 Inch
- Weight (Approximate) 3.95 Lbs
- VCCI, EN 61000-3-2, EN55022, ICES-003, EN 61000-3-3, CISPR 22, EN50082-1, EN 61000-6-1, AS/NZS 60950-1, FCC CFR47 Part 15, AS/NZS CISPR 22, CNS 13438, EN 300 386, KN32, UL/CSA60950-1, IEC/EN 61000-4-3, IEC/EN 61000-4-4, IEC/EN 61000-4-5, IEC/EN 61000-4-6, IEC/EN 61000-4-8, IEC/EN 61000-4-11, IEC/EN 61000-4-2, EN 55032, IEC/EN 60950-1, CAN/CSA-C22.2 No. 60950-1, IEEE 802.3, IEEE 802.1x
- Power Device: External power adapter
- Voltage Required: AC 120/230 V (50/60 Hz)
- Power Consumption Operational: 86.9 Watt
- Power Provided: 110 Watt
Software / System Requirements
- OS Provided: Cisco IOS XE
- Min Operating Temperature: 32 °F
- Max Operating Temperature: 104 °F
- Humidity Range Operating: 10 - 95% (non-condensing)
About New Bulk Pack Products
With the growing number of wireless devices, there is a clear pointer that your business requires a wireless controller. Regardless of the size of your organization, you will find controllers that match your need. But what are these controllers used for? In a wireless local area network (WLAN), a controller manages all wireless access points. That permits wireless devices to connect to the network and communicate with each other. Think of it as an audio amplifier, but in this case, a controller amplifies the signal from the router so that even devices at far distances can connect.
How to Buy a Wireless Controller
You have to consider many factors when planning to buy a wireless network controller. At the top of the list is the budget. Depending on the resources you have set aside for this project, you can go for high-end 10-gigabit controllers or choose cost-effective options. Another factor to consider is the size of your organization. Assuming that you have enough money on your budget, a wireless controller with many access points and port is the ideal choice for large enterprises. The same will do for small businesses, but not be economical. So, instead of buying an 8-port controller, you can go for a 4-port one with few access points. Medium-sized organizations are better off with 6-point controllers such as AIR-CT5760-1K-K9 Cisco 5760.
What are the Benefits of Wireless Network Controllers?
The first benefit is better security for both your wired and wireless networks. Most cybercrimes begin at the unsecured wireless network access points. But with controllers, you can authenticate users and assign access privileges to maintain your network security. You can also detect and stop any unauthorized attempt to access the network on time before it turns into a disaster.
A wireless controller makes it possible and easier to monitor and manage a network. You can remotely monitor the entire IT infrastructure and save on the time and cost of site surveying. The simplified network monitoring and management ensure reliability while reducing the maintenance cost.
Buy a WLAN Controller at ALLHDD
Undoubtedly, your business needs a wireless network. You cannot think of going wireless without a controller. Buy quality wireless controllers at ALLHDD at the best price. We have different types and models for every organization's size and specific needs. Contact us if you need more information about shopping on our website. We are also available to answer all your queries.
Here, you can check more available conditions of your desired product C9800-L-C-K9 at a competitive price. We are trying our best to meet your needs on the enterprise-level computer, server, data centre, and networking hardware. You are welcome to ask our live chat or get live representative support over the phone.
Other Available Conditions for this Part
Other Available Categories For - Networking - Wireless Controller
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.