Configuration and Management
Configuration and management of the CAB-US520-C19-US Cisco Standard AC Power Cable are straightforward processes that require little to no additional configuration. The cable is designed for use with Cisco devices that require a standard AC power connection and is compatible with a range of Cisco equipment.
Here are some important things to keep in mind when configuring and managing the CAB-US520-C19-US cable:
- Compatibility: The cable is compatible with a range of Cisco devices that require a standard AC power connection. Before purchasing the cable, ensure that it is compatible with your specific device.
- Plug-and-Play: The cable is a plug-and-play device, which means that it does not require any additional configuration or setup. Simply plug one end of the cable into your device's power supply and the other end into a standard power outlet.
- Power Rating: The cable has a power rating of 250V AC and 13A, which is suitable for most Cisco devices.
- Cable Length: The cable is 5.2 meters long, providing flexibility in network design and allowing for greater distances between devices.
- Maintenance: It is recommended that you perform regular maintenance and check-ups on your network equipment, including your cables, to ensure optimal performance and minimize the risk of downtime or failures.
Future Trends and Developments
As a standard AC power cable, the CAB-US520-C19-US is a relatively mature and stable technology that has been widely adopted in data centers and networking environments. However, there are some future trends and developments that may impact the use and design of these cables:
- Power Efficiency: As energy efficiency becomes increasingly important in data center design, power cables such as the CAB-US520-C19-US may be optimized to reduce energy consumption and minimize heat dissipation.
- Enhanced Durability: To address the growing demand for long-lasting and durable equipment, future iterations of the CAB-US520-C19-US may incorporate advanced materials and design features that improve resistance to wear and tear.
- Increased Compatibility: With the proliferation of different types of network devices and equipment, there may be a need for standard AC power cables that are compatible with a wider range of devices, including non-Cisco equipment.
- Wireless Power Transfer: As wireless power transfer technologies continue to develop, there may be a shift towards wireless power delivery in data center environments. This could potentially eliminate the need for physical power cables such as the CAB-US520-C19-US.
- Smart Power Management: As data center infrastructure becomes more complex and dynamic, there may be a need for intelligent power management systems that can monitor and control power usage across different devices and networks. Future AC power cables such as the CAB-US520-C19-US may incorporate sensors and other features that enable more granular power management and monitoring.
Troubleshooting Common Issues
While the CAB-US520-C19-US Cisco Standard AC Power Cable is a reliable and straightforward solution for powering Cisco devices, there are some common issues that may arise during installation or operation. Here are some troubleshooting tips for common issues with the CAB-US520-C19-US cable:
- Loose Connections: If you experience intermittent power supply or device shutdowns, check to make sure that the cable connections are secure and not loose. Disconnect and reconnect the cable to ensure a proper connection.
- Faulty Cable: If you suspect that the cable may be faulty, try using a different cable or testing the cable with a multimeter to check for continuity and resistance.
- Overheating: If the cable or connected device becomes excessively hot, it may be due to overloading or improper ventilation. Ensure that the device is not drawing too much power and that it is properly ventilated.
- Compatibility: If the cable is not working with your specific device, check to ensure that the cable is compatible with your device's power requirements and voltage rating.
- Circuit Breaker: If the cable is tripping the circuit breaker, it may be due to overload or a fault in the device or power supply. Try using a lower-wattage device or upgrading your power supply.
- Cable Damage: If the cable is damaged, it may not function properly or could pose a safety hazard. Check for signs of wear and tear, such as frayed or exposed wires, and replace the cable if necessary.
- Electrical Interference: If the cable is experiencing electrical interference, it may cause disruptions or signal loss. Ensure that the cable is not positioned near other electrical devices or sources of interference.
- Manufacturer: Cisco Systems, Inc
- Manufacturer Part Number: CAB-US520-C19-U
- Brand Name: Cisco
- Product Name: Standard Power Cord
- Product Type: Standard Power Cord
- Voltage Rating: 125 V AC
- Frequency: 60 Hz
- Current Rating: 20 A
- Cord Length: 14 ft
- Compatibility: Cisco Power Supplies:
- 1300 W (PWR-C45-1300ACV=)
- 1400 W (PWR-C45-1400AC=)
Different applications require different types of power cords. The kind of power cord that you will buy also depends on your country or region. There are different power cable standards depending on the geographical location. That means you have a challenging task when shopping for power cords for the first time. But in many cases, people are looking for a replacement. So, what are the different power cord types to consider?
The IEC 60320 Standards
This is the standard for many power cords rated for a voltage below 250 volts. It is important to note that different countries use different IEC power cord standards, as we will see shortly. Usually, the letter C is appended to the specification number to represent the connector type. Different combinations exist, but we will go through the most common ones.
- C13: Commonly used for supplying power to computing devices such as the CPU, monitor, servers, etc. They are the most common standards. They are connected to C14 receptacles, usually attached to the target device.
- C15: Power cords with C15 connectors are commonly used in applications where high temperatures are involved. Such applications include computer networking closets and PoE switches, which are highly rated for power usage.
- C19: These are used for applications that require high current. Some of the places where you would consider such connectors are the enterprise-class servers, data center rack-mount PDUs, etc.
Power cord types depend on the connector at either end of it. Examples include C13-C14, C13-SEV, C13-SI, C20-C15, C20-C19, etc.
The North American NEMA 5-15P
NEMA standards are commonly used in most North American Countries such as the US and Canada. That is because of the type of wall receptacles in these countries. The letters P and R are appended to the standards to represent plug and receptacle, respectively. For example, you can have a power cord labeled as NEMA 5-15P to C13 or NEMA 5-15P to NEMA 5-15R.
Buy Power Cord of the Right Length
Apart from the electrical rating that we hurriedly check, you also need to get the cable length right. That is important to reduce transmission losses. At ALLHDD, you will find the best cable sizes for every application. Whether you need power cords for catalyst or any other use, we have the right size. Buy 6 feet, 14 feet, 2.5M, or any cable length only at ALLHDD and at the best price.
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.