Network Management and Monitoring of 24 Ports Switch
Cisco CBS220-24FP-4X Business 220 Series Ethernet Switch can be managed and monitored through several methods including:
- Command Line Interface (CLI) - This is a text-based interface that allows users to configure and manage the switch using commands.
- Web Interface - This is a graphical user interface that can be accessed through a web browser. It allows users to configure and manage the switch using a web interface.
- SNMP - Simple Network Management Protocol is a standard protocol for managing and monitoring network devices. The switch supports SNMP v1, v2c, and v3.
- Cisco Discovery Protocol - This is a Cisco proprietary protocol that allows the switch to discover other Cisco devices on the network.
- Syslog - This is a standard logging protocol that allows the switch to send log messages to a syslog server for monitoring and analysis.
- Network Management System (NMS) - A NMS is a software application that can be used to manage and monitor multiple network devices, including the Cisco CBS220-24FP-4X switch.
Scalability and Expansion Options
The Cisco CBS220-24FP-4X Business Ethernet 24 Ports Switch is a scalable and expandable switch that offers a variety of options for expanding and upgrading your network. Some of the key scalability and expansion options include:
- Stackable design: The switch can be stacked with other Cisco CBS220 switches, allowing you to easily expand your network and manage multiple switches as a single entity.
- Additional ports: The switch has 24 Gigabit Ethernet ports, which can be expanded by adding additional switches or modules.
- Power over Ethernet (PoE) capabilities: The switch supports PoE, allowing you to power devices such as IP phones and wireless access points directly from the switch.
- Link aggregation: The switch supports link aggregation, which allows you to combine multiple ports to increase bandwidth and provide redundancy.
- Virtual LANs (VLANs): The switch supports VLANs, which allow you to segment your network and increase security.
- Quality of Service (QoS): The switch supports QoS, which allows you to prioritize traffic and ensure that critical applications and services receive the necessary bandwidth.
- Remote management: The switch can be remotely managed using Cisco Network Assistant or Cisco Prime Infrastructure, allowing you to easily monitor and configure your network from a central location.
Deployment and Configuration Considerations
- Physical Space: The Cisco CBS220-24FP-4X switch is a 1U rack-mountable device, so it will take up 1U of rack space. Make sure to allocate enough space in your rack for the switch and leave enough room for proper ventilation and cable management.
- Power Requirements: The switch requires an AC power source and has a power consumption of 68W. Make sure your power source is compatible and can provide enough power to the switch.
- Network Cabling: The switch has 24 Ethernet ports and 4 SFP ports, which can be used for fiber optic connections. Make sure you have the appropriate cables and transceivers to connect the switch to your network devices.
- VLAN Configuration: The switch supports VLANs, so you can segment your network into multiple virtual networks. Make sure to plan your VLANs before deploying the switch.
- Quality of Service (QoS): The switch supports QoS, which allows you to prioritize network traffic. Make sure to plan your QoS policies before deploying the switch.
- Security: The switch supports advanced security features such as Access Control Lists (ACLs) and 802.1x authentication. Make sure to plan your security policies before deploying the switch.
- Firmware: The switch's firmware should be updated to the latest version before deployment. This will ensure that the switch is running the most recent security and feature updates.
- Monitoring and Management: The switch can be managed through a web interface or through Cisco's management software. Make sure to plan your monitoring and management policies before deploying the switch.
General Information about this Cisco CBS220-24FP-4X
- Manufacturer: Cisco
- Model Number or SKU# CBS220-24FP-4X
- Product Type: Ethernet Switch
Interfaces/Ports for 24 Ports Switch
- Total Number of Network Ports: 24
- Uplink Port: Yes
- Modular: Yes
- Port/Expansion Slot Details: 24 x Gigabit Ethernet PoE+
- Port/Expansion Slot Details: 4 x Gigabit Ethernet Expansion Slot
Performance of Ethernet Switch
- Media Type Supported: Optical Fiber
- Media Type Supported: Twisted Pair
- Ethernet Technology: Gigabit Ethernet
- Network Technology: 10/100/1000Base-T
- Network Technology: 1000Base-X
I/O Expansions for Layer 2 Switch
- Number of Total Expansion Slots: 4
- Expansion Slot Type: SFP+
- Number of SFP+ Slots: 4
Network & Communication
- Layer Supported: 2
- Power Description
- PoE (RJ-45) Port: Yes
- PoE Budget: 382 W
- Power Source: Power Supply
- Power Consumption: 39.60 W
Management & Protocols
- Manageable: Yes
- Routing Protocol : IGMPv2, IGMP, IGMPv3, MLDv2, MLD, MSTP, RSTP, STP
- Remote Management Protocol : SNMP 1, RMON, Telnet, SNMP 3, SNMP 2c, HTTP, HTTPS, TFTP, SSH, SSH-2, CLI, SCP, ICMP, DHCP, RSTP, TACACS+, RADIUS
- BOOTP support, VLAN support, IGMP snooping, Syslog support, DoS attack prevention, port mirroring, DiffServ support, MAC address filtering, Broadcast Storm Control, Multicast Storm Control, Access Control List (ACL) support, Quality of Service (QoS), Cable Diagnostics Function, LACP support, LLDP support, Port Security, DHCP client, Energy Efficient Ethernet, Management Information Base (MIB), dual firmware images, Neighbor Discovery Protocol (NDP), Generic VLAN Registration Protocol (GVRP), 802.1x authentication, Type of Service (ToS), DiffServ Code Point (DSCP) support, 2 fans, VLAN management, LLDP-MED, Guest VLAN, User Datagram Protocol (UDP), STP loop guard, Weighted Round Robin (WRR), Head-of-line (HOL) Blocking Prevention, loopback detection, Telnet server, Unknown Storm Control, BPDU Guard, Cisco Discovery Protocol (CDP), Duplicate Address Detection (DAD), TCP support, auto voice VLAN, Automatic Media-Dependent Interface Crossover (MDIX)
- IEEE 802.3, IEEE 802.3u, IEEE 802.3z, IEEE 802.1D, IEEE 802.1Q, IEEE 802.3ab, IEEE 802.1p, IEEE 802.3af,
- IEEE 802.3x, IEEE 802.3ad (LACP), IEEE 802.1w, IEEE 802.1x, IEEE 802.1s, IEEE 802.1ab (LLDP), IEEE 802.3at, IEEE 802.3az
- RAM : 256 MB
- Flash Memory : 64 MB
- Power Device : Internal power supply
- Voltage Required : AC 100-240 V (50/60 Hz)
- Power Consumption Operational : 470 Watt
Dimension and Weight
- Width : 17.3 inch
- Depth : 10.1 inch
- Height : 1.7 inch
- Weight : 8.88 lbs
Different Types of Switches
Networking switches vary widely depending on the number of devices they can support, network bandwidth/speed, and form factor. Switches for small offices will have anything between 4 and 8 ports and can fit on a desk. For larger office network implementation, switches may have 24 ports, 48 ports, 96 ports, and 128 ports and are rack-mountable between 1U and 4U. Switches come in different types depending on the network speed and tasks they support. These include 40/100 Gbps, 10 Gigabit (up to 10000 Mbps), Gigabit Ethernet (up to 1000 Mbps), Power over Ethernet, and Fast Ethernet (10/100 Mbps).
The unmanaged switches offer fixed configuration on a plug-and-play basis. It is the most basic switch and there are a few choices in the market. These switches are affordable, but the basic features make them inappropriate for enterprise applications.
The number of features and level of functionality improves with managed switches, making them ideal for enterprise and business applications. These switches are built with the command-line interface for ease of configuration. Equally, they support SNMP agents that come in handy when troubleshooting network issues.
The security on managed switches is better and will protect different types of traffic. Other features include support for virtual LANs, IP routing, and quality of service settings. Managed switches are more expensive compared to all other types of switches.
Smart switches refer to switches that possess more features than those of unmanaged switches but do not have the full features of managed switches. Smart switches are more cost-effective than managed switches.
Some of the limitations of the smart switches are a lack of telnet access support, Web GUIs, and a lack of many features for VLANs. They are affordable compared to a fully managed switch and are suitable for a smaller computer network.
Modular switches allow the addition of expansion modules as the network expands. The expansion modules allow for more networked devices but are application-specific. They may include wireless access points, firewalls, or network analysis tools. The flexibility of a modular networking switch comes at a higher cost.
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.