Introduction to the 24 Ports Switch
The CBS350-24P-4G is a Cisco switch that is designed for small and medium-sized businesses. It is a part of the Business 350 Series and it has 24 ports that support both Power over Ethernet Plus (PoE+) and Small Form-Factor Pluggable (SFP) transceivers. PoE+ allows the switch to power connected devices, such as IP phones and wireless access points, through the Ethernet cables, eliminating the need for separate power cables. This feature can be very useful in environments where there are limited power outlets or where devices need to be deployed in hard-to-reach locations.
The SFP ports on the switch provide the flexibility to connect to fiber or copper network uplinks. This means that the switch can be connected to other network devices or to the internet, depending on the type of SFP transceiver that is used. This can provide a higher level of network performance and security, especially for businesses that need to connect to other networks or to the cloud.
The CBS350-24P-4G switch also provides advanced features such as Quality of Service (QoS), security, and network management. QoS allows businesses to prioritize certain types of network traffic, such as voice or video, to ensure that they are delivered with the best possible quality. Security features can protect the network from unauthorized access and malicious attacks. Network management features provide tools for monitoring and troubleshooting the network.
Maximizing Network Performance
There are several ways to maximize the network performance of the CBS350-24P-4G Cisco 24 Ports Business 350 Series PoE+ SFP Switch:
- Utilize Quality of Service (QoS) features: The switch has QoS features that can be used to prioritize certain types of network traffic, such as voice or video, to ensure that they are delivered with the best possible quality. This can help to minimize network congestion and improve the overall performance of the network.
- Use the correct type of SFP transceiver: The switch has SFP ports that can be used to connect to fiber or copper network uplinks. Using the correct type of SFP transceiver for the type of connection can help to ensure that the network is running at its optimal speed.
- Monitor and troubleshoot the network regularly: The switch has network management features that can be used to monitor and troubleshoot the network. Regularly monitoring the network can help to identify and resolve any issues that may be affecting performance.
- Utilize VLANs: VLANs can be used to segment the network into smaller, more manageable units. This can help to improve network performance by isolating network traffic and reducing broadcast traffic.
- Ensure proper cable connections: Proper cable connections are crucial for achieving optimal network performance. Make sure that all cables are properly connected, and that they are of the appropriate length and quality.
- Use the latest firmware: Keep the switch updated with the latest firmware version. Firmware updates often include performance improvements, bug fixes, and new features that can help to optimize the switch's performance.
Power and Energy Efficiency
The CBS350-24P-4G Cisco 24 Ports Business 350 Series PoE+ SFP Switch supports Power over Ethernet Plus (PoE+), which is a more advanced version of Power over Ethernet (PoE) that can provide up to 30 watts of power per port. This allows the switch to power connected devices, such as IP phones and wireless access points, through the Ethernet cables, eliminating the need for separate power cables.
In addition to PoE+, the switch also has energy-efficient features that can help to minimize power consumption and reduce energy costs. Some of these features include:
- Energy-Efficient Ethernet (EEE): This feature reduces the power consumption of the switch during periods of low network activity.
- Power-saving mode: The switch can be configured to enter a power-saving mode when it is not in use, which can help to reduce energy consumption.
- Power-over-Ethernet Scheduling: It allows to schedule the PoE power on/off for the switch port, this feature is useful for the devices that only required power in specific periods of time.
- Power-saving option for SFP transceivers: Some SFP transceivers have a power-saving option that can be enabled to reduce energy consumption.
- Smart Power Management: The switch can be managed by Cisco EnergyWise which is a technology that allows to measure and monitor the energy consumption of the switch and other network devices.
General Information about this Cisco CBS350-24P-4G
- Manufacturer: Cisco
- Part Number or SKU# CBS350-24P-4G
- Product Type: Ethernet Switch
- Product Series 350
Technical Information of Cisco 24 Ports Switch
- Total Number of Network Ports: 24
- Port/Expansion Slot Details: 4 x Gigabit Ethernet Expansion Slot
- Port/Expansion Slot Details: 24 x Gigabit Ethernet PoE+
- Media Type Supported: Optical Fiber
- Media Type Supported: Twisted Pair
- Ethernet Technology: Gigabit Ethernet
- Network Technology: 1000Base-X
Dimension for this Cisco Ethernet Switch
- Height 11.8 Inch
- Width 17.5 Inch
- Depth 1.7 Inch
- Weight (Approximate) 7.78 lb
- Number of Total Expansion Slots 4
- Expansion Slot Type SFP (mini-GBIC)
- Shared SFP Slot No
- Number of SFP Slots 4
Network & Communication
- Layer Supported 2
- Management & Protocols
- Manageable Yes
- PoE (RJ-45) Port Yes
- PoE Budget 195 W
- Power Source Power Supply
- Power Source PoE+
- Power Consumption 33.09 W
About Refurbished Products
Different Types of Switches
Networking switches vary widely depending on the number of devices they can support, network bandwidth/speed, and form factor. Switches for small offices will have anything between 4 and 8 ports and can fit on a desk. For larger office network implementation, switches may have 24 ports, 48 ports, 96 ports, and 128 ports and are rack-mountable between 1U and 4U. Switches come in different types depending on the network speed and tasks they support. These include 40/100 Gbps, 10 Gigabit (up to 10000 Mbps), Gigabit Ethernet (up to 1000 Mbps), Power over Ethernet, and Fast Ethernet (10/100 Mbps).
The unmanaged switches offer fixed configuration on a plug-and-play basis. It is the most basic switch and there are a few choices in the market. These switches are affordable, but the basic features make them inappropriate for enterprise applications.
The number of features and level of functionality improves with managed switches, making them ideal for enterprise and business applications. These switches are built with the command-line interface for ease of configuration. Equally, they support SNMP agents that come in handy when troubleshooting network issues.
The security on managed switches is better and will protect different types of traffic. Other features include support for virtual LANs, IP routing, and quality of service settings. Managed switches are more expensive compared to all other types of switches.
Smart switches refer to switches that possess more features than those of unmanaged switches but do not have the full features of managed switches. Smart switches are more cost-effective than managed switches.
Some of the limitations of the smart switches are a lack of telnet access support, Web GUIs, and a lack of many features for VLANs. They are affordable compared to a fully managed switch and are suitable for a smaller computer network.
Modular switches allow the addition of expansion modules as the network expands. The expansion modules allow for more networked devices but are application-specific. They may include wireless access points, firewalls, or network analysis tools. The flexibility of a modular networking switch comes at a higher cost.
Here, you can check more available conditions of your desired product CBS350-24P-4G at a competitive price. We are trying our best to meet your needs on the enterprise-level computer, server, data centre, and networking hardware. You are welcome to ask our live chat or get live representative support over the phone.
Other Available Conditions for this Part
Other Available Categories For - Networking - Switch
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.