Tips for Optimal Performance
The CRS-B2B-CAB-10 Cisco CRS-3 Back-To-Back Optical Cable 10M is a high-quality optical cable that is designed to connect two Cisco CRS-3 routers back-to-back. The cable is made of high-quality materials and is designed to provide optimal performance. To ensure that the cable functions as intended, the following tips for optimal performance should be kept in mind:
- Proper installation - The cable should be installed properly to ensure that the connections are secure and that the cable is not damaged during installation.
- Avoid kinks and bends - The cable should be kept free from kinks and bends, as these can damage the cable and affect the signal quality.
- Clean connections - The connectors on the cable should be kept clean to ensure optimal performance. Dust, dirt, and other debris can affect the signal quality.
- Avoid sharp bends - The cable should not be bent sharply, as this can cause signal loss and affect the cable's overall performance.
- Avoid tight cable runs - The cable should not be run in tight spaces, as this can damage the cable and affect the signal quality.
- Avoid exposure to sunlight - The cable should not be exposed to direct sunlight, as this can cause the cable to overheat and affect the signal quality.
- Avoid excessive tension - The cable should not be pulled too tight, as this can cause damage to the cable and affect the signal quality.
- Use the right length - The cable should be the right length for the application. Using a longer cable than necessary can cause signal loss and affect the cable's performance.
Understanding Optical Cables and their Importance
Optical cables are a type of cable that uses optical fibers to transmit light signals instead of electrical signals. These cables are commonly used in telecommunications and networking applications to transmit data over longer distances at high speeds. The following are some of the reasons why optical cables are important:
- High Bandwidth - Optical cables have a much higher bandwidth than copper cables, which allows them to transmit data at faster speeds over longer distances.
- Signal Integrity - Optical cables are less susceptible to interference from electromagnetic and radio frequency interference, which can degrade the signal quality in copper cables. This makes optical cables more reliable and allows for better signal integrity.
- Security - Optical cables are difficult to tap into, making them more secure for transmitting sensitive information over a network.
- Distance - Optical cables can transmit data over longer distances without the need for signal repeaters, making them ideal for telecommunications and networking applications that require data transmission over long distances.
- Size and Weight - Optical cables are smaller and lighter than copper cables, making them easier to install and manage in large data centers.
The CRS-B2B-CAB-10 Cisco CRS-3 Back-To-Back Optical Cable 10M is an example of an optical cable that is designed for high-speed data transmission in networking applications. It is a 10-meter cable that is used to connect two Cisco CRS-3 routers back-to-back. The use of optical fibers in this cable allows for high-speed data transmission over a longer distance while maintaining signal integrity, making it a reliable and efficient option for data center and networking applications.
Features and Benefits
The CRS-B2B-CAB-10 Cisco CRS-3 Back-To-Back Optical Cable is a high-quality cable designed to provide a reliable and high-speed optical connection between two CRS-3 routers. Here are some of its features and benefits:
- Length - The cable is 10 meters long, providing sufficient length to connect two CRS-3 routers in a back-to-back configuration.
- Connector Type - The cable comes with two LC connectors on each end, which enables easy connection to the compatible devices.
- Fiber Type - The cable features Single-Mode Fiber (SMF) type, which allows for the transmission of high-speed data over longer distances.
- Bandwidth - The cable is capable of transmitting data at a bandwidth of up to 10 Gbps, ensuring high-speed data transfer between the two connected devices.
- Low Latency - The cable provides low latency, making it suitable for use in applications that require real-time data transmission.
- High-Speed Data Transfer - The cable provides a reliable and high-speed optical connection between two CRS-3 routers, allowing for the transfer of data at a bandwidth of up to 10 Gbps.
- Improved Performance - The cable's low latency ensures that data is transmitted quickly, resulting in improved performance of the connected devices.
- Easy Installation - The LC connectors on each end of the cable allow for easy installation, making it a convenient option for back-to-back configurations.
- Reliable Connection - The cable provides a reliable connection between the two connected devices, ensuring that data is transmitted accurately and without errors.
- Cost-Effective - The cable is a cost-effective solution for creating a back-to-back connection between two CRS-3 routers, providing a high-quality and reliable connection at an affordable price.
- Manufacturer: Cisco Systems, Inc
- Manufacturer Part Number: CRS-B2B-CAB-10
- Brand Name: Cisco
- Product Type: Network Cable
- Cable Type: Fiber Optic
- Cable Length: 10 Meter
- Device Supported: Network Device
About Refurbished Products
Cables - Network Cables
Network cables are what make it possible to share It resources in a network. Whether home, office, or in a data center, networking using cables still remains popular over wireless protocols such as Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connections. We use different network cables to enable resource sharing, such as memory devices, printers, scanners, and other resources. Networking is the only way to converge resources and make file sharing and team collaboration easy. If you are looking for network cables to achieve that, then you are in the right place.
Types of Network Cables
Network cables, also known as Ethernet cables, are of three different types: coaxial, fiber optic, and twisted-pair copper cables. The last two types are the commonly used cable types. We will, therefore, dig deeper into them shortly. Coaxial cables are not widely used in networking but still remain very popular in telecommunication.
Fiber Optic Cables
Structurally, optical cables comprise the core, cladding, buffer, and jacket on the outer part. Of great interest is the core material, which can be glass or plastic. Signals travel in this medium at the speed of light over long and short distances. Due to this high data rate, optical cables are becoming more famous in networking than other network cables.
The other layers of this cable work together to maintain its efficiency. Through cladding, the light is totally internally reflected in the core. The buffer prevents any possible leakage of light. The jacket, being the outer layer, offers protection to the cable against mechanical damage.
Twisted Pair Copper Cable
Almost all modern computers at home or office networks use twisted-pair cables. The cable consists of 8 individually coated and twisted in pairs copper wires bundled together in one. The twisted-pair cables can either be shielded or unshielded. Because of shielding in the shielded and twisted pair cables, they experience less noise and have low EMI resistance.
Network Cable Connectors
The connectors of any Ethernet cable depend on the intended application. Your home computer networking might only need the standard 8 terminal clips to connect to a network. That is not usually the case when considering large enterprises and data centers where different IT equipment is interconnected. There may be a need for network adapters and other complex cables such as 8 LEAD and JG263A HPE network cables.
Network Cables Length
In any networking task, use the right cable length. That will not only make your system look organized but also deliver better performance. Get rid of any unnecessarily long cables. If the work can be done with 15-meter-long cables, got for it and not a 20-meter-long cable. If the source and target are too close or placed side by side, you are better off if you use 1.5-meter-long cables. The resulting network will look neat without cables tangling everywhere.
Sourcing Ethernet Cables from Reputable Supplier
Shopping for Ethernet cables is not a straightforward process. Not all cables are manufactured with the same quality, and that affects the bandwidth. Make the right decision to buy CR4 cable or optical cable for your networking business from ALLHDD. We source only quality cables from reputable vendors, and all of them come with warranties.
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.