Scalable and High-Performance
The DS-X9704 Cisco Switching Module is a highly scalable and high-performance 4-port switch that is designed to meet the demands of today's high-bandwidth applications and network environments. Some of the key features and benefits that contribute to its scalability and high-performance include:
- High-speed connectivity: The switch supports high-speed connectivity with 10 Gigabit Ethernet (10 GbE) and 40 Gigabit Ethernet (40 GbE) ports, allowing you to handle large amounts of data traffic and support high-bandwidth applications such as video conferencing and virtual desktop infrastructure.
- Virtualization: The switch supports virtualization features such as Virtual Device Context (VDC) and Intelligent Resilient Framework (IRF) which allow you to partition a single physical switch into multiple virtual switches and group multiple switches together to form a single virtual switch. This can simplify network management and provide high availability.
- Quality of Service (QoS): The switch supports Quality of Service (QoS) features such as traffic prioritization, Class of Service (CoS), and Quality of Service (QoS) policies which allow you to prioritize different types of traffic based on their importance. This ensures that your most important traffic, such as voice and video, receives the necessary bandwidth and low latency, and that less important traffic does not consume too much bandwidth.
- Link Aggregation Control Protocol (LACP): The switch supports Link Aggregation Control Protocol (LACP) which allows you to bundle multiple physical ports together to form a single logical link. This can help to increase the available bandwidth and provide redundancy for your network.
- Cisco IOS Software: The switch runs Cisco IOS Software, which provides a wide range of management and control options, including command-line interface (CLI), Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP), and web-based management.
- High-density ports: The switch provides high-density ports with a small form factor, which makes it ideal for data center environments where space is at a premium.
- High-performance switching fabric: The switch uses a high-performance switching fabric that enables it to handle large amounts of data traffic and deliver low latency and high throughput.
Power Options and Redundancy
The DS-X9704 Cisco Switching Module provides options for power and redundancy to help ensure high availability for data center and high-performance computing environments:
- Dual Power Supplies: The switch supports dual power supplies to help ensure high availability and reliability. If one power supply fails, the other can take over to keep the switch running.
- Redundant Fans: The switch includes redundant fans to help ensure cooling and airflow, even if one fan fails.
- Power over Ethernet (PoE): The switch supports Power over Ethernet (PoE), allowing power to be supplied to devices over the Ethernet cable, eliminating the need for separate power supplies.
By providing these options for power and redundancy, the DS-X9704 Cisco Switching Module helps to ensure high availability and reliability for data center and high-performance computing environments.
Routing and Switching Protocols
The DS-X9704 Cisco Switching Module supports a variety of routing and switching protocols to help manage and direct network traffic in data center and high-performance computing environments:
- Border Gateway Protocol (BGP): BGP is a routing protocol used to exchange routing and reachability information between routers in a network.
- Open Shortest Path First (OSPF): OSPF is a link-state routing protocol used to distribute routing information within a single autonomous system (AS) in an IP network.
- Virtual Router Redundancy Protocol (VRRP): VRRP is a protocol that provides redundancy for IP networks by allowing multiple routers to share a single virtual IP address.
- Spanning Tree Protocol (STP): STP is a network protocol that helps prevent network loops by disabling links that are not needed.
- Link Aggregation Control Protocol (LACP): LACP is used to bundle multiple physical links together to form a single logical link, increasing bandwidth and providing redundancy.
- Virtual LAN (VLAN): VLANs allow network administrators to segment a network into smaller, more manageable broadcast domains.
- Manufacturer Cisco
- Manufacturer Part Number DS-X9704
- Product Name 4-Port Fibre Channel Switching Module
- Product Type Switching Module
- Application/Usage Switching Network
- Interfaces/Ports Details 4 x SC Fiber Channel
- Additional Information-
- Intelligent network services-Provide integrated support for VSAN technology
- Supports 10-Gbps ISL connections on individual ports or up to 160-Gbps logical ISLs
- Sophisticated diagnostics-Provide intelligent diagnostics, protocol decoding, and network analysis tools
- Supports Cisco MDS SAN-OS Release 3.0(1) or later
- Cisco MDS 9500 Series Multilayer Directors
- Cisco MDS 9216A Multilayer Fabric Switch
- Cisco MDS 9216i Multilayer Fabric Switch
Here, you can check more available conditions of your desired product DS-X9704 at a competitive price. We are trying our best to meet your needs on the enterprise-level computer, server, data centre, and networking hardware. You are welcome to ask our live chat or get live representative support over the phone.
Other Available Conditions for this Part
Other Available Categories For - Networking - Switch
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.