The Cisco EHWIC-4ESG= is a network interface module designed to add four Gigabit Ethernet ports to compatible Cisco routers or switches. This module connects to the router or switch via the Enhanced High-speed WAN Interface Card (EHWIC) slot, which provides high-speed connectivity to the module and enables it to transfer data at high rates.
The module supports auto-negotiation and auto-MDIX features, which means that it can automatically detect the speed and duplex of the connected devices and adjust its configuration accordingly. It also supports jumbo frames, which allows for the transfer of larger packets, resulting in improved network performance.
The Cisco EHWIC-4ESG= module is compatible with various Cisco platforms, including the Cisco 1900, 2900, and 3900 Series Integrated Services Routers, and the Cisco 4451-X Integrated Services Router. It can be used to expand the connectivity options of these routers, allowing them to support more network devices and provide faster connectivity to the LAN or WAN.
Features and Benefits
The Cisco EHWIC-4ESG= 4 Ports Gigabit Ethernet Interface Module is a high-performance module designed for use in Cisco Integrated Services Routers (ISRs) to provide additional Ethernet ports for network connectivity. Here are some of its key features and benefits:
- Four ports of Gigabit Ethernet connectivity - Provides four additional Gigabit Ethernet ports for connecting devices to the network.
- Enhanced PoE support - Provides power over Ethernet (PoE) support for connected devices, allowing them to receive power over Ethernet cables, reducing the need for additional power outlets.
- Cisco IOS software support - The module is fully compatible with Cisco IOS software, enabling advanced routing and security features to be configured and managed.
- VLAN support - Provides support for Virtual LANs (VLANs), enabling network segmentation and improved network security.
- Auto-MDIX - Supports Auto-MDIX, allowing the module to automatically detect and adjust for cable type, simplifying installation and configuration.
- Increased network connectivity - Provides additional Ethernet ports for connecting devices to the network, increasing network capacity and scalability.
- Improved network performance - Provides high-speed Gigabit Ethernet connectivity, enabling faster data transfer rates and improved network performance.
- Enhanced network security - Supports VLANs, enabling network segmentation and improved security, reducing the risk of unauthorized access and data breaches.
- Reduced cabling and power requirements - Provides PoE support for connected devices, reducing the need for additional power outlets and cabling.
- Simplified installation and configuration - Supports Auto-MDIX, enabling the module to automatically detect and adjust for cable type, simplifying installation and configuration.
Remote Management and Monitoring
Remote management and monitoring of a Cisco EHWIC-4ESG= 4 Ports Gigabit Ethernet Interface Module can be done using various tools and protocols provided by Cisco.
One way to remotely manage and monitor the module is to use the Cisco IOS command-line interface (CLI) via Telnet or SSH. This method allows you to access the module's configuration and status information, as well as perform various administrative tasks such as configuring interfaces, checking interface status, and monitoring network traffic.
Another way to remotely manage and monitor the module is to use Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP). SNMP is a protocol that allows network administrators to manage network devices and monitor their performance. By configuring SNMP on the module, you can receive SNMP traps and get SNMP-based monitoring of the device.
Additionally, you can also use Cisco Prime Infrastructure, a network management tool provided by Cisco, to remotely manage and monitor the module. Cisco Prime Infrastructure provides centralized monitoring, configuration, and troubleshooting of Cisco devices, including the EHWIC-4ESG= module.
To enable remote management and monitoring of the Cisco EHWIC-4ESG= module, you should ensure that the module is properly configured with appropriate IP addresses and network settings, and that the necessary protocols and services are enabled and configured on the module. You should also ensure that appropriate security measures are in place to prevent unauthorized access to the module and protect the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of the network and the device.
General Information about this Cisco EHWIC-4ESG=
- Manufacturer: Cisco
- Part Number or SKU# EHWIC-4ESG=
- Product Type: Interface Module
Interfaces/Ports for Plug-in Interface Module
- Total Number of Ports 4
- Connector Type RJ-45
- Interfaces/Ports Details 4 x RJ-45 10/100/1000Base-T WAN
Technical Information of 4 Ports Module
- Application/Usage Wide Area Network
- Application/Usage Data Networking
- Form Factor :Plug-in module
- Interface (Bus) Type :EHWIC
Media & Performance
- Media Type Supported: Twisted Pair
- Ethernet Technology: Gigabit Ethernet
- Network Technology: 10/100/1000Base-T
- Connectivity Technology: Wired
- Cabling Type: Ethernet 1000Base-T, Ethernet 1000Base-X, Ethernet 100Base-TX, Ethernet 10Base-T
- Data Link Protocol: Ethernet, Fast Ethernet, Gigabit Ethernet
- Remote Management Protocol: RMON, SNMP
- Compliant Standards: IEEE 802.1p, IEEE 802.1Q, IEEE 802.2, IEEE 802.3, IEEE 802.3ab, IEEE 802.3x, IEEE 802.3z
Management & Protocols
- Web-Based Management
- Command Line Interface
- SNMP v1, v2, v3
- RMON 1, 2, 3, 9
- Countries we Sold
- Customers Trusted
- Inventory Available
- Off Global List Price
- Safe Online Shopping
- Min Operating Temperature: 32 degree Fahrenheit
- Max Operating Temperature: 104 degree Fahrenheit
- Humidity Range Operating: 10 – 90% (non-condensing)
Dimensions & Weight
- Height: 0.8 Inch
- Width: 3.1 Inch
- Depth: 4.8 inch
- Weight (Approximate): 0.17 Lbs
- Compatibility: Cisco Switch Series:
About Refurbished Products
For all your expansion module needs, we've got you covered with high-performance devices that increase functional capability and ease business processes.
You can talk to any of our staff and consult on what would be the best way forward when getting an expansion module to complement and enhance existing infrastructure, meet your immediate and future needs.
We have hardware level 12 with firmware 3.0 or higher modules that allow for the installation of up to 14 expansion modules below the base module for resilient performance. Expansion modules connect to the base module using USB Type-A connectors. That's not all, we have hardware level 11 and lower that supports up to 9 expansion modules.
With an expansion module, you get additional cartridge storage as well as tape drive capacity. We have expansion modules that contain up to two drives and two power supplies. You can choose to have the expansion module with tape drives and power supply installed so that it makes setup easier from your end. Expansion modules will need a power supply only if you install a tape drive in it. A single power supply can actually power two drives. However, you can add a second power supply for redundancy purposes. Without a tape drive, the expansion module is powered via the USB cable connected to the base module.
Expansion modules require 2U rack space and will be shipped with the necessary mounting hardware used to secure it to the rack.
The top features of the expansion modules we've listed include:
- High-resolution LCD screens of up to 5" with backlight for a vibrant visual experience and ease of use. The expansion modules have programmable line keys ensuring that the interface is intuitive and interactive.
- Straightforward setup to facilitate easy installation.
- Availability of a wide range of custom configurations
- Advanced call handling and contact management capabilities to help increase productivity.
- XML browser functionality
- Compatibility across systems which helps to leverage on existing IT infrastructure investment. All the expansion modules we've made available will help to enhance your existing desktop solutions.
- Seamless fusion with planar and fiber technology
- Compatibility with phone models such as SIP-T27P and SIP-T29G helping to expand functionality.
- Availability of color icons that enhance the visual experience for users. There are color-coded independent actionable control keys that facilitate fast switching between pages.
- Ability to link together a maximum of six phone systems and up to two expansion modules from a single host phone.
- Support for up to 3 modules on a daisy-chain
- Reduced excess loss and PDL
- Support for advanced call functions including call forwarding, call transfers, multi-person conferencing, call pickup, LDAP, speed dial, and BFL list.
- Shipped with a stand that has two adjustable angles
You can find almost every module option in our catalog, we have modules with different numbers of ports, from 1-port options to 50- and 90-port options, you can also check out our 20 Gigabit, 48 Gigabit, and 100 Gigabit expansion modules. Browse through our categories to find the best option for your needs.
All expansion modules make for ideal solutions for administrative assistants, receptionists, and contact center employees due to the ability to easily manage large call volumes and to monitor a large number of contacts.
Here, you can check more available conditions of your desired product EHWIC-4ESG= at a competitive price. We are trying our best to meet your needs on the enterprise-level computer, server, data centre, and networking hardware. You are welcome to ask our live chat or get live representative support over the phone.
Other Available Conditions for this Part
Other Available Categories For - Networking - Expansion Module
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.