The Cisco EHWIC-4ESG is a 4-port Ethernet interface module for Cisco routers that provides enhanced high-speed WAN connectivity options. It is designed to support Ethernet, Fast Ethernet, and Gigabit Ethernet interfaces, and can be used to connect Cisco routers to LANs and WANs. The module supports a variety of interface types, including copper and fiber, and can be used in a wide range of applications, including enterprise, service provider, and industrial environments. It is compatible with a range of Cisco routers, including the Cisco Integrated Services Router (ISR) and the Cisco Aggregation Services Router (ASR).
The Cisco EHWIC-4ESG is a 4-port Gigabit Ethernet interface module designed for use with Cisco Integrated Services Routers (ISRs). Here are some advantages of using this module:
- Increased network performance: With four high-speed Gigabit Ethernet ports, the EHWIC-4ESG provides a significant increase in network performance compared to traditional Ethernet interfaces. This allows for faster data transfer and improved network efficiency.
- Improved scalability: The EHWIC-4ESG allows for easy expansion of network interfaces, making it easy to scale up network resources as needed. This can be particularly useful for businesses that are experiencing growth or increasing demand for network services.
- Simplified network management: The EHWIC-4ESG can be managed using the same tools and interfaces as other Cisco networking products, making it easy to integrate into existing networks. This allows for a consistent user experience and simplified network management.
- Enhanced network security: The EHWIC-4ESG includes advanced security features such as access control lists (ACLs), port security, and 802.1x authentication. These features help to protect the network from unauthorized access and ensure that data is kept secure.
- Flexible deployment options: The EHWIC-4ESG is designed to work with a variety of Cisco ISR models, providing flexibility in deployment and allowing businesses to choose the router that best fits their needs.
Management and Configuration
The Cisco EHWIC-4ESG is a 4-port Gigabit Ethernet interface module that can be installed in Cisco routers and switches with EHWIC slots. This module provides high-speed Ethernet connectivity for network devices and can be used to expand the number of Ethernet ports available on a network device.
Here is an overview of the management and configuration of the Cisco EHWIC-4ESG module:
- Physical installation: Before configuring the module, it must be physically installed in an EHWIC slot on the router or switch. Once installed, the module should be recognized by the network device and the ports should become active.
- Configuration: To configure the module, it must first be assigned an IP address. This can be done using the router or switch command-line interface (CLI) or a network management tool such as Cisco Prime Infrastructure. Once an IP address is assigned, the module can be configured using the CLI or a network management tool.
- VLAN Configuration: The Cisco EHWIC-4ESG module supports virtual LANs (VLANs) and can be configured to support multiple VLANs. VLANs allow for segmentation of network traffic, improving network performance and security. VLANs can be configured using the CLI or a network management tool.
- Quality of Service (QoS) Configuration: QoS allows for prioritization of network traffic based on different criteria, such as application type or source/destination IP address. The Cisco EHWIC-4ESG module supports QoS and can be configured to prioritize network traffic. QoS can be configured using the CLI or a network management tool.
- Security Configuration: The Cisco EHWIC-4ESG module supports a range of security features, including access control lists (ACLs), port security, and 802.1x authentication. These features can be configured using the CLI or a network management tool.
- Monitoring and Management: The Cisco EHWIC-4ESG module can be monitored and managed using a range of tools, including the Cisco IOS CLI, Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP), and Cisco Prime Infrastructure. These tools allow for monitoring of network performance, configuration changes, and security events.
General Information about this Cisco EHWIC-4ESG
- Manufacturer: Cisco
- Part Number or SKU# EHWIC-4ESG
- Product Type: Interface Module
Interfaces/Ports for Plug-in Interface Module
- Total Number of Ports 4
- Connector Type RJ-45
- Interfaces/Ports Details 4 x RJ-45 10/100/1000Base-T WAN
Technical Information of 4 Ports Module
- Application/Usage Wide Area Network
- Application/Usage Data Networking
- Form Factor :Plug-in module
- Interface (Bus) Type :EHWIC
Media & Performance
- Media Type Supported: Twisted Pair
- Ethernet Technology: Gigabit Ethernet
- Network Technology: 10/100/1000Base-T
- Connectivity Technology: Wired
- Cabling Type: Ethernet 1000Base-T, Ethernet 1000Base-X, Ethernet 100Base-TX, Ethernet 10Base-T
- Data Link Protocol: Ethernet, Fast Ethernet, Gigabit Ethernet
- Remote Management Protocol: RMON, SNMP
- Compliant Standards: IEEE 802.1p, IEEE 802.1Q, IEEE 802.2, IEEE 802.3, IEEE 802.3ab, IEEE 802.3x, IEEE 802.3z
Management & Protocols
- Web-Based Management
- Command Line Interface
- SNMP v1, v2, v3
- RMON 1, 2, 3, 9
- Countries we Sold
- Customers Trusted
- Inventory Available
- Off Global List Price
- Safe Online Shopping
- Min Operating Temperature: 32 degree Fahrenheit
- Max Operating Temperature: 104 degree Fahrenheit
- Humidity Range Operating: 10 – 90% (non-condensing)
Dimensions & Weight
- Height: 0.8 Inch
- Width: 3.1 Inch
- Depth: 4.8 inch
- Weight (Approximate): 0.17 Lbs
- Compatibility: Cisco Switch Series:
About Refurbished Products
Here, you can check more available conditions of your desired product EHWIC-4ESG at a competitive price. We are trying our best to meet your needs on the enterprise-level computer, server, data centre, and networking hardware. You are welcome to ask our live chat or get live representative support over the phone.
Other Available Conditions for this Part
Other Available Categories For - Networking - Expansion Module
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.