The GLC-GE-100FX Cisco 100Mbps Multi-Mode Transceiver Module is a hardware component that is typically managed and configured through the device it is installed in. Therefore, centralized management of the module is not applicable in the same sense as it is for network devices such as switches, routers, or firewalls.
However, if the module is installed in a switch that supports network management features, then it may be possible to manage and monitor the module using the switch's centralized management tools. These tools typically provide a centralized interface for configuring, monitoring, and troubleshooting network devices and can help simplify network management tasks.
For example, a network administrator can use a network management tool such as Cisco Prime Infrastructure to manage the switch that the module is installed in, including the GLC-GE-100FX module. The tool provides a centralized dashboard for monitoring network performance, managing device configurations, and troubleshooting issues.
The GLC-GE-100FX Cisco 100Mbps Multi-Mode Transceiver Module is typically used in switches, routers, and other networking equipment that support SFP modules. The module is designed to allow a Gigabit Ethernet port to link with a 100Mbps Fast Ethernet network, making it a useful component in a variety of deployment scenarios. Here are some deployment scenarios where the GLC-GE-100FX module can be used:
- Interconnecting LANs: The GLC-GE-100FX module can be used to interconnect LANs that have different speeds. For example, if one LAN is running at 100Mbps and the other is running at 1Gbps, the module can be used to allow communication between the two LANs.
- Linking to legacy equipment: The GLC-GE-100FX module can be used to link to legacy equipment that only supports Fast Ethernet. This can be useful in situations where upgrading the legacy equipment is not feasible or cost-effective.
- Connecting to servers: The GLC-GE-100FX module can be used to connect servers that only support Fast Ethernet to a switch or router that has Gigabit Ethernet ports. This can help improve network performance by allowing the server to communicate with the rest of the network at higher speeds.
- Connecting to network devices: The GLC-GE-100FX module can be used to connect network devices, such as printers and scanners, that only support Fast Ethernet to a switch or router that has Gigabit Ethernet ports. This can help improve the performance of the network devices and reduce network congestion.
Troubleshooting Common Issues
Here are some common issues that may arise with the GLC-GE-100FX Cisco 100Mbps Multi-Mode Transceiver Module and some troubleshooting steps that can be taken to resolve them:
- Module not recognized by the device: If the device does not recognize the module, first ensure that the module is properly installed and that it is compatible with the device. Check the compatibility matrix provided by the manufacturer. Also, verify that the device is running the latest firmware or software. If the issue persists, try installing the module in a different device to determine if it is a problem with the module or the device.
- Connection issues: If there are issues with the connection, check the fiber optic cable and ensure that it is properly connected and not damaged. Verify that the cable is the correct type for the module (single-mode or multi-mode). Check that the connector type matches that of the module. Try using a different cable or connector to see if that resolves the issue.
- Low signal strength: If the signal strength is low, check the cable length and verify that it is within the recommended range. Check that the transmit and receive power levels are within the acceptable range. If the levels are too low, try replacing the module or adjusting the power levels.
- Compatibility issues: If the module is not working with other devices, check the compatibility matrix provided by the manufacturer. Ensure that the devices are using the same protocols and standards.
- Network performance issues: If there are network performance issues, check for any errors or collisions on the network. Verify that the module is running at the correct speed and duplex mode. Check that the cable length and type are appropriate for the network. If the issue persists, try replacing the module or seeking further support from the manufacturer.
General Information about this Cisco GLC-GE-100FX
- Manufacturer: Cisco
- Part Number or SKU# GLC-GE-100FX
- Product Type: Transceiver Module
Technical Information of Transceiver Module
- Interfaces Type: SFP (MINI-GBIC)
- Application/Usage: Data Networking
- Application/Usage: Optical Network
- Form Factor: Plug-in Module
- Cabling Type: 100base-fx
- Optical Wave Length: 1310 Nm
- Data Link Protocol: Fast Ethernet
- Max Transfer Distance: 1.2 Miles
Performance for 100MBPS Transceiver
- Media Type: Supported Optical Fiber
- Fiber Optic Cable Standard 62.5/125 µm
- Fiber Optic Cable Standard 50/125 µm
- Fiber Mode Supported Multi-mode
- Maximum Distance Supported 78"
- Maximum Data Transfer Rate 100
Interfaces / Ports of Multi-Mode Transceiver
- Interfaces/Ports 1 x 100Base-FX
- Interfaces/Ports Details 1 x LC Duplex 100Base-FX Network
Dimension and Weight
- Height: 0.4 inch
- Width: 2.2 inch
- Depth: 0.5 inch
- Weight: 1.00 lbs
- Min Operating Temperature 32 °F
- Max Operating Temperature 113 °F
Cisco Catalyst switches:
- 2960-24LC-S, 2960-24PC-L, 2960-24PC-S, 2960-24TC, 2960-24TC-L, 2960-24TC-S, 2960-48PST-L, 2960-48PST-S, 2960-48T, 2960-48TC, 2960-48TC-L, 2960-48TC-S, 2960-8TC, 2960-8TC-S, 2960G-24TC, 2960G-48TC, 2960G-8TC, 2960S-24PD-L, 2960S-24PS-L, 2960S-24TD-L, 2960S-24TS-L, 2960S-24TS-S, 2960S-48FPD-L, 2960S-48FPS-L, 2960S-48LPD-L, 2960S-48LPS-L, 2960S-48TD-L, 2960S-48TS-L, 2960S-48TS-S, 3560-24PS, 3560-24PS EMI, 3560-24PS SMI, 3560-24TS, 3560-24TS EMI, 3560-24TS SMI, 3560-48PS, 3560-48PS SMI, 3560-48TS, 3560-48TS EMI, 3560-48TS SMI, 3560E-12D, 3560E-12SD-E, 3560E-12SD-S, 3560E-24PD, 3560E-24TD, 3560E-48PD, 3560E-48PD-F, 3560E-48TD, 3560E-48TD-SD, 3560G-24PS, 3560G-24PS EMI, 3560G-24PS SMI, 3560G-24TS, 3560G-24TS EMI, 3560G-24TS SMI, 3560G-48, 3560G-48PS, 3560G-48PS SMI, 3560G-48TS, 3560G-48TS EMI, 3560G-48TS SMI, 3560V2-24PS, 3560V2-24TS, 3560V2-24TS-SD, 3560V2-48PS, 3560V2-48TS, 3560X-24P-L, 3560X-24P-S, 3560X-24T-L, 3560X-24T-S, 3560X-48PF-L, 3560X-48PF-S, 3560X-48P-L, 3560X-48P-S, 3560X-48T-L, 3560X-48T-S
Cisco Integrated Services Routers:
- 1111, 1112, 1113, 1116, 1117, 1118
Building a fiber-optic network calls for a lot of planning and consideration of many factors. Transceivers are part of the many devices used to build optical fiber systems. A transceiver serves the combined roles of a transmitter and a receiver in that it transmits and receives signals. They are most common in communication equipment such as cellular phones, cordless telephone sets, and radio. Small form factors are required as networks become dense and space is limited, which sees transceivers included in chipsets.
In local area networks (LAN), a transceiver is used to connect a computer to printers and other devices on the network. Usually, the transceiver is integrated into the Network Interface Card (NIC)
Typical Roles of a Transceiver
- Used to convert frequencies from IF to RF.
- Widespread use in wireless communication to transmit data – voice, data, and video.
- RF transceivers are used in communication devices to support radio and TV signal transmission, digital signals transmission, and satellite communication.
- Collision detection – detection of simultaneous signals on the network.
- Transceivers can be deployed to provide a jabber function to interrupt transmission of long data stream outputs.
Look no further for all types of transceivers including fiber optic transceivers, wireless transceivers, Ethernet transceivers, and RF transceivers. All these transceivers have different characteristics and support full-duplex communication, but the principle behind their work remains the same. Different types of transceivers will have varying numbers of ports used in transceiver networking connections.
RF Transceivers: these devices are used to transmit video or voice data over a wireless medium. Commonly used for satellite communication, radio transmission, and ITE/WiMax/WLAN networks. The radio transceiver works by silencing the receiver when it is transmitting. There is an electronic switch that facilitates the connection of both the receiver and transmitter on the same antenna. The switch protects the receiver from damage that may be caused by the transmitter output.
Fiber Optic Transceivers: Also referred to as optical modules or fiber optical transceivers. Used to transmit data in fiber optic technology. The network must also have electronic components to encode or decode data into light signals.
Ethernet Transceivers: Basically used to connect electronic devices in a network so that they are able to transmit and receive data. It is also referred to as a media access unit (MAU). The best application of these transceivers is in the specification of IEEE 802.3 and Ethernet. Ethernet transceivers will detect a collision, provide Ethernet interface processing, convert digital data, and provide access to the network.
Wireless Transceivers: Wireless transceivers are a fundamental component necessary for data delivery in wireless networks. These transceivers have two layers. The physical layer has a baseband processor and RF front end. The processor converts a bitstream to a collection symbol flow for data transmission. The second layer is a MAC layer for link traffic control in contacting wireless links, improving data throughput, and preventing collisions.
We guarantee our customers high quality and reliability for all our transceiver networking solutions, irrespective of the type and size of your network.
Here, you can check more available conditions of your desired product GLC-GE-100FX at a competitive price. We are trying our best to meet your needs on the enterprise-level computer, server, data centre, and networking hardware. You are welcome to ask our live chat or get live representative support over the phone.
Other Available Conditions for this Part
Other Available Categories For - Networking - Transceiver
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.