The importance of testing and validation
Testing and validation are crucial steps in the development and deployment of any technology product, including the GLC-T Cisco 1-Gbps Connector SFP Transceiver Module. Here are some reasons why testing and validation are important for this particular product:
- Performance: The GLC-T Cisco 1-Gbps Connector SFP Transceiver Module is designed to transmit data at high speeds, and any errors or flaws in its design can significantly impact its performance. Testing and validation can help ensure that the module meets its performance specifications and can handle the data loads it is designed to handle.
- Reliability: The GLC-T Cisco 1-Gbps Connector SFP 1 Port Transceiver Module is a critical component of network infrastructure, and any failure can lead to significant downtime and disruption. Testing and validation can help identify and fix any potential reliability issues before the product is released to the market.
- Compatibility: The GLC-T Cisco 1-Gbps Connector SFP Transceiver Module needs to be compatible with a wide range of network devices, including switches and routers. Testing and validation can help ensure that the module is interoperable with different devices and that it meets the relevant industry standards.
- Security: The GLC-T Cisco 1-Gbps Connector SFP Transceiver Module can be used to transmit sensitive data, and any vulnerabilities or weaknesses in its design can pose a security risk. Testing and validation can help identify and mitigate any security issues before the product is deployed.
Advantages of using an SFP Transceiver
A GLC-T Cisco 1-Gbps Connector SFP Transceiver Module is a small form-factor pluggable (SFP) transceiver that allows devices such as switches, routers, and network interface cards to connect to Ethernet networks at speeds of up to 1 gigabit per second (Gbps). Here are some advantages of using this type of module:
- Flexibility: The GLC-T transceiver module can be used with a wide variety of Cisco devices, making it a versatile choice for network administrators who need to connect different types of devices. It can be used with Cisco switches, routers, and network interface cards, as well as with other brands of devices that support the SFP standard.
- Compatibility: The GLC-T transceiver module is compatible with standard Category 5e or Category 6 copper twisted-pair cable, which is widely used in most network installations. This means that it can be easily installed in existing networks without the need for any additional cabling or infrastructure upgrades.
- Ease of Installation: The GLC-T transceiver module is a plug-and-play device, which means that it can be easily installed by simply plugging it into an SFP slot on a compatible device. There is no need for any special tools or technical expertise, making it a simple and convenient solution for network administrators.
- Cost-Effective: The GLC-T transceiver module is a cost-effective solution for connecting devices to Ethernet networks at speeds of up to 1 Gbps. It is typically less expensive than other types of SFP transceivers, such as those that support fiber-optic cabling, making it a popular choice for small to medium-sized businesses and organizations.
- Energy Efficiency: The GLC-T transceiver module is designed to be energy-efficient, consuming less power than other types of SFP transceivers. This can help reduce energy costs and extend the life of network equipment by reducing heat generated by devices.
The Future of Wireless Communication
The GLC-T Cisco 1-Gbps Connector SFP Transceiver Module is a small form-factor pluggable (SFP) module designed to provide high-speed connectivity for networking devices such as switches, routers, and servers. This transceiver module is commonly used in fiber optic and copper-based networks to enable the transfer of data over long distances at high speeds.
In terms of wireless communication, the GLC-T Cisco 1-Gbps Connector SFP Transceiver Module can be used in conjunction with wireless access points to provide high-speed connectivity for wireless devices such as smartphones, laptops, and tablets. This is typically done by connecting the transceiver module to a switch or router, which then provides wireless connectivity through the use of access points.
The future of wireless communication with the GLC-T Cisco 1-Gbps Connector SFP Transceiver Module is likely to involve the continued expansion of wireless networks and the increasing use of high-speed wireless technologies such as 5G. As wireless networks continue to expand, the demand for high-speed connectivity and reliable network infrastructure will only increase.
One potential application for the GLC-T Cisco 1-Gbps Connector SFP Transceiver Module in the future of wireless communication is in the development of high-speed wireless backhaul networks. These networks are used to connect wireless access points to the internet or other network resources, and require high-speed connectivity to support the large amounts of data generated by wireless devices.
Another potential application for the GLC-T Cisco 1-Gbps Connector SFP Transceiver Module is in the development of edge computing and the Internet of Things (IoT). Edge computing involves the processing of data at or near the source of the data, rather than sending it to a centralized data center for processing. The GLC-T Cisco 1-Gbps Connector SFP Transceiver Module can be used to provide high-speed connectivity for edge computing devices, enabling them to process data in real-time and make faster decisions.
Product Information for this Cisco GLC-T
- Manufacturer: Cisco
- Model Number or SKU# GLC-T
- Data Link Protocol: Gigabit Ethernet
- Product Type: Transceiver Module
Specifications of Transceiver Module
- Form Factor: Plug-in Module
- Cabling Type: Ethernet 1000base-t
- Interface (bus) Type: SFP (Mini-GBIC)
- Data Transfer Rate: 1 GBPS
- Compliant Standards: Ieee 802.3
- Application/Usage Data Networking
Interfaces/Ports about 1 x 1000 Base-T Transceiver
- Interfaces/Ports 1 x 1000 Base-T
- Interfaces/Ports Details 1 x RJ-45 1000 Base-T
Performance of Gigabit Ethernet Module
- Connectivity Media Category 5 UTP
- Distance Supported 328.08 ft
- Data Transfer Rate 1 Gbps Gigabit Ethernet
- Power Consumption 1.10 W
- Temperature 32°F (0°C) to 158°F (70°C) Operating
- Temperature -40°F (-40°C) to 185°F (85°C) Storage
Dimension and Weight
- Height 0.6 Inch
- Width 0.5 Inch
- Depth 2.8 Inch
About Refurbished Products
Building a fibre-optic network calls for a lot of planning and consideration of many factors. Transceivers are part of the many devices used to build optical fibre systems. A transceiver serves the combined roles of a transmitter and a receiver in that it transmits and receives signals. They are most common in communication equipment such as cellular phones, cordless telephone sets, and radios. Small form factors are required as networks become dense and space is limited, which sees transceivers included in chipsets.
In local area networks (LAN), a transceiver is used to connect a computer to printers and other devices on the network. Usually, the transceiver is integrated into the Network Interface Card (NIC)
Typical Roles of a Transceiver
- Used to convert frequencies from IF to RF.
- Widespread use in wireless communication to transmit data – voice, data, and video.
- RF transceivers are used in communication devices to support radio and TV signal transmission, digital signals transmission, and satellite communication.
- Collision detection – detection of simultaneous signals on the network.
- Transceivers can be deployed to provide a jabber function to interrupt the transmission of long data stream outputs.
Look no further for all types of transceivers including fibre optic transceivers, wireless transceivers, Ethernet transceivers, and RF transceivers. All these transceivers have different characteristics and support full-duplex communication, but the principle behind their work remains the same. Different types of transceivers will have varying numbers of ports used in the transceiver networking connections.
RF Transceivers: these devices are used to transmit video or voice data over a wireless medium. Commonly used for satellite communication, radio transmission, and ITE/WiMax/WLAN networks. The radio transceiver works by silencing the receiver when it is transmitting. There is an electronic switch that facilitates the connection of both the receiver and transmitter on the same antenna. The switch protects the receiver from damage that may be caused by the transmitter output.
Fiber Optic Transceivers: Also referred to as optical modules or fibre optical transceivers. Used to transmit data in fibre optic technology. The network must also have electronic components to encode or decode data into light signals.
Ethernet Transceivers: Basically used to connect electronic devices in a network so that they are able to transmit and receive data. It is also referred to as a media access unit (MAU). The best application of these transceivers is in the specification of IEEE 802.3 and Ethernet. Ethernet transceivers will detect a collision, provide Ethernet interface processing, convert digital data, and provide access to the network.
Wireless Transceivers: Wireless transceivers are a fundamental component necessary for data delivery in wireless networks. These transceivers have two layers. The physical layer has a baseband processor and RF front end. The processor converts a bitstream to a collection symbol flow for data transmission. The second layer is a MAC layer for link traffic control in contacting wireless links, improving data throughput, and preventing collisions.
We guarantee our customers high quality and reliability for all our transceiver networking solutions, irrespective of the type and size of your network.
Here, you can check more available conditions of your desired product GLC-T at a competitive price. We are trying our best to meet your needs on the enterprise-level computer, server, data centre, and networking hardware. You are welcome to ask our live chat or get live representative support over the phone.
Other Available Conditions for this Part
Other Available Categories For - Networking - Transceiver
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.