Troubleshooting Common Issues
The HWIC-1B-U Cisco 1 Port WIC Expansion Module is a hardware component that can be used to expand the capabilities of Cisco routers. While it is generally a reliable and stable component, it is possible that you may encounter some issues while using it. Here are some common issues you may encounter and how to troubleshoot them:
- Card not detected: If the router does not detect the HWIC-1B-U module, check if the module is properly inserted in the router slot. Ensure the module is seated properly and all retaining clips are in place.
- LED status: The LED status on the module can provide a clue to the problem. If the LED is not lit, the module may not be powered up. Check the router configuration to ensure the module is enabled and powered up.
- Incorrect configuration: If the module is not functioning as expected, it may be due to an incorrect configuration. Check the router configuration to ensure the module is configured correctly for the specific WAN protocol and interface that is being used.
- Incompatibility: If the module is not working with a specific router or IOS version, check the compatibility of the module with the router and the IOS version. Verify that the IOS version supports the HWIC-1B-U module.
- Cable issues: Check the cables connecting the module to the network or other devices. Make sure that the cables are properly connected, and that they are not damaged.
- Power issues: If the module is not functioning properly, check the power supply to the router. Verify that the power supply is providing the correct voltage and amperage.
- Overheating: If the module is overheating, it may cause the router to shut down or become unstable. Ensure that the router is in a well-ventilated area and is not placed near a heat source.
- Module failure: If none of the above steps resolve the issue, it may be due to a hardware failure. Contact Cisco support to replace the module or troubleshoot further.
Cost and Availability of Expansion Module
The cost and availability of the HWIC-1B-U Cisco 1 Port WIC Expansion Module may vary depending on the region and the specific vendor. Generally, the price of the HWIC-1B-U module ranges from around $50 to $150, but it can be higher or lower depending on the seller, shipping costs, and other factors.
In terms of availability, the HWIC-1B-U Cisco 1 Port WIC Expansion Module is a relatively common product and is usually readily available from many resellers and distributors. However, availability may be limited depending on the demand for the product in your region.
When purchasing the HWIC-1B-U module, it's important to ensure that it is compatible with your Cisco router and that it meets your specific needs in terms of WAN connectivity. Some vendors may also offer refurbished or used versions of the module at a lower cost, but it's important to ensure that these products are in good working condition and come with a warranty or return policy.
Monitoring and Management
The HWIC-1B-U Cisco 1 Port WIC Expansion Module can be monitored and managed using a variety of tools and interfaces.
One of the primary ways to monitor the performance of the HWIC-1B-U is to use the Cisco IOS Command-Line Interface (CLI). This interface allows you to view real-time statistics about the module's operation, including the number of packets sent and received, the error rate, and the throughput rate. You can also configure the module's settings and troubleshoot any issues that may arise using the CLI.
In addition to the CLI, the HWIC-1B-U can also be monitored and managed using the Cisco Configuration Professional (CCP) software. This tool provides a graphical user interface that makes it easy to configure and monitor the module, as well as the router it is installed in. You can use the CCP to configure WAN connections, view performance statistics, and troubleshoot issues with the module.
The HWIC-1B-U also supports Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP), which allows you to monitor and manage the module using a network management system (NMS). You can use SNMP to monitor the status of the module, as well as configure settings and receive alerts when issues arise.
Finally, the HWIC-1B-U supports Cisco's NetFlow technology, which allows you to collect and analyze traffic data from the module. This can be useful for identifying traffic patterns, troubleshooting issues, and optimizing the performance of your network.
- Manufacturer: Cisco Systems, Inc
- MPN: HWIC-1B-U
- Brand Name: Cisco
- Product Name: 1-Port ISDN BRI U interface High-Speed WAN Interface Card
- Product Type: WAN Interface Card
- SKU: HWIC-1B-U
- Application/Usage: Wide Area Network
Interfaces / Ports
- Interfaces/Ports: 1 x ISDN BRI (U)
- Interfaces/Ports Details: 1 x RJ-49C ISDN BRI (U)
Expansion / Connectivity
- Interfaces: 1 x modem - ISDN BRI U - RJ-49C
- Compatible Slots: 1 x HWIC
Dimensions & Weight
- Width: 2.8 Inch
- Depth: 4.8 Inch
- Height: 0.7 Inch
- Weight: 7.2 oz
- Cisco 1700 Series Integrated Services Routers
- Cisco 1841 Series Integrated Services Routers
- Cisco 2600XM Series Integrated Services Routers
- Cisco 2691 Series Integrated Services Routers
- Cisco 2800 Series Integrated Services Routers
- Cisco 3700 Series Integrated Services Routers
- Cisco 3800 Series Integrated Services Routers
About Refurbished Products
Here, you can check more available conditions of your desired product HWIC-1B-U at a competitive price. We are trying our best to meet your needs on the enterprise-level computer, server, data centre, and networking hardware. You are welcome to ask our live chat or get live representative support over the phone.
Other Available Conditions for this Part
Other Available Categories For - Networking - Expansion Module
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.