Routing and Switching Protocols
The IE-3000-4TC Cisco Industrial Ethernet 3000 Series Managed 4 Ports Switch supports a variety of routing and switching protocols that allow it to perform advanced routing, switching, and network management tasks.
- IPv4 and IPv6 static routing: allows the switch to manually configure and maintain routing tables.
- Routing Information Protocol (RIP) and RIPng (IPv6): allows the switch to share routing information with other routers within the network and automatically update routing tables.
- Open Shortest Path First (OSPF) and OSPFv3 (IPv6): allows the switch to determine the best path for data to travel through the network based on metrics such as bandwidth, delay, and reliability.
- Border Gateway Protocol (BGP) and BGP4+ (IPv6): allows the switch to exchange routing information with other routers in different autonomous systems.
- Virtual Router Redundancy Protocol (VRRP): allows multiple routers to share a virtual IP address, providing redundancy and failover capabilities in case of a device failure.
- Cisco Discovery Protocol (CDP): allows the switch to discover and share information with other Cisco devices on the network.
- Link Layer Discovery Protocol (LLDP): allows the switch to discover and share information with other devices on the network that support LLDP.
Network Management Protocols:
- Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP): allows the switch to assign IP addresses to devices on the network automatically.
- Access Control Lists (ACLs): allows the switch to control access to the network based on IP addresses, protocols, and ports.
- Quality of Service (QoS): allows the switch to prioritize certain types of network traffic to ensure that critical applications receive the bandwidth they need.
- VLANs: allows the switch to create multiple virtual networks on a single physical network, improving security and network management.
- Port mirroring: allows the switch to duplicate traffic from one port to another for monitoring and troubleshooting purposes.
- SNMP: allows the switch to be managed and configured remotely using SNMP-based management software.
These protocols enable the switch to be reliable, secure, and flexible in industrial environments.
Efficient Network Management
The IE-3000-4TC Cisco Industrial Ethernet 3000 Series Managed 4 Ports Switch has several features and protocols that enable efficient network management:
- SNMP: Allows the switch to be remotely managed and configured using SNMP-based management software. This allows network administrators to monitor and control the switch from a central location.
- VLANs: Allows the switch to create multiple virtual networks on a single physical network, improving security and network management. This allows administrators to segment the network and assign different policies to different groups of users or devices.
- Quality of Service (QoS): Allows the switch to prioritize certain types of network traffic to ensure that critical applications receive the bandwidth they need. This helps to ensure that the network is performing optimally and that important data is not delayed or lost.
- Access Control Lists (ACLs): Allows the switch to control access to the network based on IP addresses, protocols, and ports. This helps to secure the network and prevent unauthorized access or malicious traffic.
- Port mirroring: Allows the switch to duplicate traffic from one port to another for monitoring and troubleshooting purposes. This allows network administrators to see what is happening on the network and identify any issues that may be causing problems.
- Cisco Discovery Protocol (CDP): Allows the switch to discover and share information with other Cisco devices on the network. This helps to simplify network management and troubleshooting.
- Link Layer Discovery Protocol (LLDP): Allows the switch to discover and share information with other devices on the network that support LLDP. This helps to identify devices connected to the switch and gather information about them.
- Virtual Router Redundancy Protocol (VRRP): Allows multiple routers to share a virtual IP address, providing redundancy and failover capabilities in case of a device failure. This improves network availability and reduces downtime.
Features and Benefits
The IE-3000-4TC Cisco Industrial Ethernet 3000 Series Managed 4 Ports Switch has several features that provide a variety of benefits for industrial environments. Some of these features include:
- Industrial Design: The switch is built to withstand harsh industrial environments, with a rugged metal housing and an extended temperature range (-40 to 75°C) that allows it to operate in extreme temperatures.
- Power over Ethernet (PoE): The switch has four Gigabit Ethernet ports that support Power over Ethernet (PoE), allowing it to power devices such as IP cameras and wireless access points over the Ethernet cable. This eliminates the need for additional power cables and simplifies installation.
- Routing and Switching: The switch supports advanced routing and switching protocols such as OSPF, BGP, and VRRP, which allow it to efficiently route and switch data between devices on the network.
- Network Management: The switch supports SNMP, VLANs, QoS, ACLs, port mirroring, CDP and LLDP, which allows it to be remotely managed and configured, and provides secure and efficient network management.
- Layer 3 Capabilities: The switch supports both IPv4 and IPv6, and has built-in routing capabilities, allowing it to perform as a Layer 3 switch and support advanced routing protocols.
- Security: The switch supports features such as access control lists (ACLs) and Virtual LANs (VLANs) to provide secure network segmentation and protect against unauthorized access or malicious traffic.
- Reliability: The switch has a built-in redundancy mechanism and supports VRRP, which allows for failover in case of a device failure, reducing downtime and improving network availability.
General Information about this Cisco IE-3000-4TC
- Manufacturer: Cisco
- Model Number or SKU# IE-3000-4TC
- Product Series: 3000
- Product Model: 3000-4TC
- Interface: Ethernet Switch
Interfaces / Ports for 4 Ports Switch
- Total Number of Network Ports: 6
- Number of Network (RJ-45) Ports: 4
- Layer Supported: 2
- Port/Expansion Slot Details: 4 x Fast Ethernet Network
- Port/Expansion Slot Details: 2 x Gigabit Ethernet Network
- Port/Expansion Slot Details: 2 x Gigabit Ethernet Expansion Slot
I/O Expansions of L2 Ethernet Switch
- Number of Total Expansion Slots: 6
- Expansion Slot Type: SFP
- Shared SFP Slot: Yes
- Number of SFP Slots: 2
- Standard Memory: 128 MB
- Memory Technology: DRAM
- Flash Memory: 64 MB
- Power Source: Power Supply
Dimensions and Weight
- Width: 6 Inch
- Depth: 4.4 Inch
- Height: 5 Inch
- Weight: 4.4 lbs
About Refurbished Products
Different Types of Switches
Networking switches vary widely depending on the number of devices they can support, network bandwidth/speed, and form factor. Switches for small offices will have anything between 4 and 8 ports and can fit on a desk. For larger office network implementation, switches may have 24 ports, 48 ports, 96 ports, and 128 ports and are rack-mountable between 1U and 4U. Switches come in different types depending on the network speed and tasks they support. These include 40/100 Gbps, 10 Gigabit (up to 10000 Mbps), Gigabit Ethernet (up to 1000 Mbps), Power over Ethernet, and Fast Ethernet (10/100 Mbps).
The unmanaged switches offer fixed configuration on a plug-and-play basis. It is the most basic switch and there are a few choices in the market. These switches are affordable, but the basic features make them inappropriate for enterprise applications.
The number of features and level of functionality improves with managed switches, making them ideal for enterprise and business applications. These switches are built with the command-line interface for ease of configuration. Equally, they support SNMP agents that come in handy when troubleshooting network issues.
The security on managed switches is better and will protect different types of traffic. Other features include support for virtual LANs, IP routing, and quality of service settings. Managed switches are more expensive compared to all other types of switches.
Smart switches refer to switches that possess more features than those of unmanaged switches but do not have the full features of managed switches. Smart switches are more cost-effective than managed switches.
Some of the limitations of the smart switches are a lack of telnet access support, Web GUIs, and a lack of many features for VLANs. They are affordable compared to a fully managed switch and are suitable for a smaller computer network.
Modular switches allow the addition of expansion modules as the network expands. The expansion modules allow for more networked devices but are application-specific. They may include wireless access points, firewalls, or network analysis tools. The flexibility of a modular networking switch comes at a higher cost.
Here, you can check more available conditions of your desired product IE-3000-4TC at a competitive price. We are trying our best to meet your needs on the enterprise-level computer, server, data centre, and networking hardware. You are welcome to ask our live chat or get live representative support over the phone.
Other Available Conditions for this Part
Other Available Categories For - Networking - Switch
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.