The MA-SFP-10GB-SR is a transceiver module designed for use with Cisco Meraki switches and other networking devices that support SFP+ modules. While the module itself does not provide any security features, it can be used in conjunction with other security features provided by Cisco Meraki switches and devices to enhance network security. Here are some of the security features that can be used with the MA-SFP-10GB-SR:
- Access Control Lists (ACLs): ACLs can be used to restrict access to specific network resources or services based on the source and destination addresses or other criteria. This feature can help prevent unauthorized access and protect sensitive data.
- Port Security: Port security allows administrators to limit the number of devices that can be connected to a switch port. This feature can help prevent unauthorized devices from accessing the network.
- 802.1X Authentication: 802.1X authentication is an industry-standard protocol that provides network access control. It requires users to authenticate before accessing the network, providing an additional layer of security.
- Network Segmentation: Network segmentation involves dividing a network into smaller subnetworks, or segments, based on user roles, applications, or other criteria. This feature can help prevent the spread of malware and limit the impact of security breaches.
- Intrusion Detection and Prevention: Intrusion detection and prevention systems (IDPS) can be used to monitor network traffic for signs of intrusion or malicious activity. This feature can help prevent security breaches and minimize their impact.
The Cisco MA-SFP-10GB-SR is a transceiver module that is designed to be used with Cisco Meraki networking equipment that has SFP+ (Small Form-Factor Pluggable Plus) ports. It is compatible with a wide range of Cisco Meraki devices, including switches, routers, and security appliances. Some specific examples of Cisco Meraki devices that this Model is compatible with include the Cisco Meraki MS220-8P Switch, the Cisco Meraki MS225-48FP Switch, and the Cisco Meraki MX100 Security Appliance.
It is important to check the documentation for your specific Cisco Meraki device to ensure that it is compatible with This Product transceiver module. Some Cisco Meraki devices may have different SFP module requirements or may support only certain types of SFP modules. It is also important to ensure that the MA-SFP-10GB-SR is compatible with the type of fiber optic cables that you are using in your network. The MA-SFP-10GB-SR is designed to work with OM3 multimode fiber optic cables with a maximum reach of up to 26 meters.
The MA-SFP-10GB-SR is a transceiver module designed for use with Cisco Meraki switches and other networking devices that support SFP+ modules. One of the key benefits of using Cisco Meraki devices, including the MA-SFP-10GB-SR, is their centralized management capabilities. Here are some of the ways that the MA-SFP-10GB-SR can be centrally managed:
- Meraki Dashboard: The Meraki Dashboard is a cloud-based management platform that allows administrators to monitor and manage their Meraki devices from a central location. The Dashboard provides real-time visibility into network activity, allowing administrators to quickly identify and troubleshoot issues.
- Configuration Templates: Configuration templates can be used to apply a standard configuration to multiple Meraki devices. This feature can save time and ensure consistency across the network.
- Firmware Management: Firmware updates can be managed centrally through the Meraki Dashboard. Administrators can schedule updates, track firmware versions, and roll back updates if necessary.
- Monitoring and Alerts: The Meraki Dashboard provides real-time monitoring and alerts for network activity. Administrators can set up alerts for specific events, such as device connectivity issues, bandwidth usage, or security threats.
- Remote Troubleshooting: The Meraki Dashboard allows administrators to troubleshoot issues remotely, without the need for onsite visits. This feature can save time and reduce downtime.
Main Information about this Cisco MA-SFP-10GB-SR
- Manufacturer: Cisco
- Part Number or SKU# MA-SFP-10GB-SR
- Product Type: Transceiver Module
Technical Information of Optical Fiber Transceiver
- Fiber Optic Cable Standard: 62.5/125 µm
- Fiber Mode Supported: Multi-mode
- Ethernet Technology: 10 Gigabit Ethernet
- Application/Usage: Data Networking
- Application/Usage: Optical Network
Performance for Ethernet Transceiver
- Media Type: Supported Optical Fiber
- Network Technology: 10GBase-SR
- Interfaces/Ports Details: 1 x 10GBase-SR Network
- Cisco Meraki Switch Families:
- MX 400
- MX 600
About Refurbished Products
Building a fibre-optic network calls for a lot of planning and consideration of many factors. Transceivers are part of the many devices used to build optical fibre systems. A transceiver serves the combined roles of a transmitter and a receiver in that it transmits and receives signals. They are most common in communication equipment such as cellular phones, cordless telephone sets, and radios. Small form factors are required as networks become dense and space is limited, which sees transceivers included in chipsets.
In local area networks (LAN), a transceiver is used to connect a computer to printers and other devices on the network. Usually, the transceiver is integrated into the Network Interface Card (NIC)
Typical Roles of a Transceiver
- Used to convert frequencies from IF to RF.
- Widespread use in wireless communication to transmit data – voice, data, and video.
- RF transceivers are used in communication devices to support radio and TV signal transmission, digital signals transmission, and satellite communication.
- Collision detection – detection of simultaneous signals on the network.
- Transceivers can be deployed to provide a jabber function to interrupt the transmission of long data stream outputs.
Look no further for all types of transceivers including fibre optic transceivers, wireless transceivers, Ethernet transceivers, and RF transceivers. All these transceivers have different characteristics and support full-duplex communication, but the principle behind their work remains the same. Different types of transceivers will have varying numbers of ports used in the transceiver networking connections.
RF Transceivers: these devices are used to transmit video or voice data over a wireless medium. Commonly used for satellite communication, radio transmission, and ITE/WiMax/WLAN networks. The radio transceiver works by silencing the receiver when it is transmitting. There is an electronic switch that facilitates the connection of both the receiver and transmitter on the same antenna. The switch protects the receiver from damage that may be caused by the transmitter output.
Fiber Optic Transceivers: Also referred to as optical modules or fibre optical transceivers. Used to transmit data in fibre optic technology. The network must also have electronic components to encode or decode data into light signals.
Ethernet Transceivers: Basically used to connect electronic devices in a network so that they are able to transmit and receive data. It is also referred to as a media access unit (MAU). The best application of these transceivers is in the specification of IEEE 802.3 and Ethernet. Ethernet transceivers will detect a collision, provide Ethernet interface processing, convert digital data, and provide access to the network.
Wireless Transceivers: Wireless transceivers are a fundamental component necessary for data delivery in wireless networks. These transceivers have two layers. The physical layer has a baseband processor and RF front end. The processor converts a bitstream to a collection symbol flow for data transmission. The second layer is a MAC layer for link traffic control in contacting wireless links, improving data throughput, and preventing collisions.
We guarantee our customers high quality and reliability for all our transceiver networking solutions, irrespective of the type and size of your network.
Here, you can check more available conditions of your desired product MA-SFP-10GB-SR at a competitive price. We are trying our best to meet your needs on the enterprise-level computer, server, data centre, and networking hardware. You are welcome to ask our live chat or get live representative support over the phone.
Other Available Conditions for this Part
Other Available Categories For - Networking - Transceiver
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.