Performance of Transceiver Module
The MGBSX1 is a transceiver module manufactured by Cisco Systems. It is a small, pluggable module that can be used to add fiber-optic connectivity to Cisco networking equipment such as switches and routers. The MGBSX1 is compatible with the Small Form-Factor Pluggable (SFP) interface, which is a standard interface for fiber-optic transceivers.
The MGBSX1 is specifically designed for use with 1000BASE-SX networking, which operates over multimode fiber-optic cables using wavelengths of 850 nanometers (nm). It can transmit and receive data at a rate of 1 Gbps (gigabits per second) over distances of up to 550 meters (1804 feet). The MGBSX1 is designed for use in environments where high data rates and reliable connectivity are required, such as in enterprise networks and data centers. It is also useful in situations where long distances need to be covered, as fiber-optic cables can transmit data over much longer distances than copper cables.
Compatibility of SFP Transceiver
The MGBSX1 transceiver is a SFP (small form-factor pluggable) transceiver that is designed to be used with Cisco networking equipment that has an SFP port. This includes a wide range of Cisco switches, routers, and other networking devices. Some examples of Cisco equipment that is compatible with the MGBSX1 transceiver include:
Cisco Catalyst 2960-X series switches , Cisco Catalyst 3650 series switches ,Cisco Catalyst 3850 series switches ,Cisco ASR 1000 series routers ,Cisco ISR 4000 series routers.
Physical Characteristics and Design of MGBSX1
The MGBSX1 is a Cisco Gigabit GBIC SFP Ethernet transceiver module designed for use with Cisco networking equipment. Here are some of the physical characteristics and design features of the MGBSX1 module:
- Form factor: The MGBSX1 module is a Small Form-factor Pluggable (SFP) module, which is a hot-swappable transceiver that plugs into the SFP slot of a Cisco networking device. SFP modules are designed to provide flexibility in network design and allow for easy replacement and upgrade of network components.
- Compatibility: The MGBSX1 module is compatible with a wide range of Cisco networking equipment, including switches, routers, and firewalls, that have SFP slots. It is designed to support Gigabit Ethernet over multimode fiber with a maximum data transfer rate of 1 Gbps.
- Connector: The MGBSX1 module has a standard LC duplex connector that provides a reliable and secure connection to the network. The LC connector is a small form-factor fiber optic connector that is commonly used in data center and enterprise networks.
- Cable type: The MGBSX1 module supports multimode fiber optic cable with a maximum distance of up to 550 meters. It uses 850 nm wavelength light for transmitting data over the fiber optic cable.
- Design features: The MGBSX1 module is designed to be hot-swappable, meaning it can be inserted or removed from the SFP slot without disrupting network operations. It also features digital diagnostic monitoring, which allows for real-time monitoring of the module's performance, including optical output power, optical input power, and temperature.
- Dimensions: The MGBSX1 module has a compact design, with dimensions of 0.54 x 2.22 x 0.47 inches (13.72 x 56.39 x 11.94 mm). It is designed to be easily installed and removed from SFP slots.
Main Specifications about this Cisco MGBSX1
- Manufacturer: Cisco
- Part Number or SKU# MGBSX1
- Product Type: Transceiver Module
Performance of Cisco Transceiver Module
- Interface: SFP (mini-GBIC)
- Data Transfer Rate: 1 Gbps Gigabit Ethernet
- Connectivity Media: 50/125 µm Multi-mode Optical Fiber
- Connectivity Media: 62.5/125 µm Multi-mode Optical Fiber
- Distance Supported: 902.23 ft 62.5/125 µm Optical Fiber
- Distance Supported: 721.78 ft 62.5/125 µm Optical Fiber
- Distance Supported: 1804.46 ft 50/125 µm Optical Fiber
- Distance Supported: 1640.42 ft 50/125 µm Optical Fiber
Environmental Conditions of Cisco GBIC SFP Transceiver
- Temperature -4°F (-20°C) to 158°F (70°C) Storage
- Temperature 32°F (0°C) to 104°F (40°C) Operating
- Humidity 5% to 95% Non-condensing Storage
- Humidity 0% to 85% Non-condensing Operating
Additional Information of Gigabit Ethernet Transceiver
- Transmitter Spec: Power: -9.5 to -4 dBm
- Reciever Spec: Sensitivity: -20 to -17dBm
- Input Power: -20 to -17 dBm
- Stress Sensitivity: 50/125 um: -13.5dBm, 62.5/125 um: -12.5dBm
- Wavelength: 850 nm (850nm TYP., 830-860nm) MMF
- 62.5/125um MMF at 160 MHz/km, up to 220m
- 62.5/125um MMF at 200 MHz/km, up to 275m
- 50/125um MMF at 400 MHz/km, up to 500m
- 50/125um MMF at 500 MHz/km, up to 550m
- SR2024 - 24-Port 10/100/1000 Gigabit Switch
- SR224G - 24-Port 10/100 + 1-Port Gigabit Switch + 1 MiniGBIC
- SRW2016 - 16-Port 10/100/1000 Gigabit Switch with WebView
- SRW2024 - 24-Port 10/100/1000 Gigabit Switch with WebView
- SRW224 - 24-port 10/100 + 2-Port Gigabit Switch with WebView
About Refurbished Products
Here, you can check more available conditions of your desired product MGBSX1 at a competitive price. We are trying our best to meet your needs on the enterprise-level computer, server, data centre, and networking hardware. You are welcome to ask our live chat or get live representative support over the phone.
Other Available Conditions for this Part
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.