Quality of Service (QoS) Configuration
Quality of Service (QoS) configuration on the Cisco Meraki MS210-24P-HW switch allows you to prioritize different types of network traffic to ensure that critical applications receive the bandwidth they need.
The Meraki MS210 switch allows you to configure QoS using a web-based interface or through the Meraki cloud management platform.
In the web-based interface, you can configure QoS by navigating to the "Quality of Service" section and configuring the following settings:
- Priority: you can assign different priorities to different types of traffic such as voice, video, and data.
- DSCP (Differentiated Services Code Point) values: DSCP values can be used to mark packets with a priority value, allowing them to be prioritized as they pass through the switch.
- Bandwidth limits: you can limit the amount of bandwidth that a specific type of traffic can use to ensure that other types of traffic are not impacted.
In the Meraki cloud management platform, you can configure QoS policies that can be applied to multiple switches in your network. You can also set up traffic shaping rules, which can be used to limit the amount of bandwidth that a specific type of traffic can use.
Additionally, the MS210 switch supports Quality of Service (QoS) and traffic shaping based on both Layer 2 and Layer 3 information.
It's important to note that QoS configuration should be done in consultation with your network administrator, and also test the configuration in a test environment before implementing it in production.
Security and Access Control of 24 Ports Managed Switch
Cisco Meraki MS210-24P-HW switch includes a variety of security and access control features to help protect your network and ensure that only authorized users have access to network resources.
One key feature for securing the switch is the use of VLANs (Virtual LANs) which allows administrators to segment the network into different logical networks, each with its own set of security policies. This can be used to isolate sensitive data and to prevent unauthorized access to critical resources.
Another important feature is Access Control Lists (ACLs) which can be used to control access to the switch and to specific resources on the network. ACLs can be used to block or allow traffic based on various criteria such as IP address, port number, and protocol.
The switch also supports advanced security features such as:
- 802.1x: a network access control protocol that uses a central authentication server to ensure that only authorized users are able to access the network
- Port Security: a feature that allows administrators to limit the number of devices that can be connected to a switch port, and to control which MAC addresses are allowed to connect
- DHCP Snooping: a feature that helps to prevent DHCP spoofing attacks by only allowing DHCP replies from authorized DHCP servers
- ARP Inspection: a feature that helps to prevent ARP spoofing attacks by only allowing ARP replies from authorized devices
The switch can also be configured to automatically detect and respond to security threats using its built-in security features such as Auto-VPN, Advanced Security, and Security Appliance.
In addition, Cisco Meraki MS210-24P-HW is a cloud-managed switch and it can be configured, monitored and managed from the Meraki Dashboard, which allows for centralized management, monitoring and reporting of all Meraki devices in the network.
It's recommended to regularly review and audit the security policies and access control lists to ensure that they are still relevant and effective. Also, keeping the device firmware updated and applying any security patches is crucial to prevent any known vulnerabilities.
Cisco Meraki MS210-24P-HW switch is a cloud-managed switch that allows for remote management and configuration of the switch via the Meraki cloud-based dashboard. This allows network administrators to manage and monitor the switch from anywhere with an internet connection.
The Meraki dashboard provides a comprehensive set of features for managing and monitoring the switch, including:
- Real-time monitoring of switch ports, power usage, and other key performance indicators.
- Configuration of switch settings such as VLANs, port settings, and security features.
- Automatic software and firmware updates.
- Network-wide visibility and control of all Meraki devices.
- Automated troubleshooting and diagnostics.
- User and device-based access control with Meraki's integrated Security & SD-WAN features.
- Advanced analytics and reporting capabilities.
To set up the switch for cloud management, the switch must be connected to the internet and registered with the Meraki cloud. Once registered, the switch will automatically connect to the Meraki cloud and be fully manageable through the Meraki dashboard.
The Meraki Cloud Management also includes a mobile app, which allows network administrators to monitor and troubleshoot network issues from anywhere. This feature can be particularly useful for remote teams and locations.
Additionally, Meraki cloud management also includes a feature called "Auto VPN" which allows for easy VPN setup and management, providing secure and reliable connection to remote networks.
General Information about this Cisco MS210-24P-HW
- Manufacturer: Cisco
- Model Number or SKU# MS210-24P-HW
- Product Type: Ethernet Switch
Interfaces/Ports for 24 Ports Switch
- Total Number of Network Ports: 24
- Uplink Port: Yes
- Modular: Yes
- Stack Port: Yes
- Port/Expansion Slot Details: 24 x Gigabit Ethernet Network
- Port/Expansion Slot Details: 4 x Gigabit Ethernet Uplink
Performance of Ethernet Switch
- Media Type Supported: Twisted Pair
- Media Type Supported: Optical Fiber
- Ethernet Technology: Gigabit Ethernet
- Network Technology: 1000Base-T
- Network Technology: 1000Base-X
I/O Expansions for Managed Switch
- Number of Total Expansion Slots: 4
- Expansion Slot Type: SFP
- Shared SFP Slot: No
- Number of SFP Slots: 4
Network & Communication
- Layer Supported: 3
- Management & Protocols
- Manageable: Yes
- Power Source: Power Supply
- Redundant Power Supply Supported: No
- Power Consumption: 448 W
- Flow control, auto-negotiation, ALERT notification, auto-uplink (auto MDI/MDI-X), Syslog support, Broadcast Storm Control,
- Spanning Tree Protocol (STP) support, Rapid Spanning Tree Protocol (RSTP) support, DHCP snooping, Access Control List (ACL) support,
- fanless, LLDP support, DHCP relay, Link Aggregation Control Protocol (LACP), Port Security, DHCP client, static routing, 802.1x authentication,
- crossover detection, Bridge protocol data unit (BPDU), Role-Based Access Control (RBAC), Root Guard
- IEEE 802.1D, IEEE 802.1Q, IEEE 802.1p, IEEE 802.3af, IEEE 802.3ad (LACP), IEEE 802.1w,
- IEEE 802.1x, IEEE 802.1ab (LLDP), IEEE 802.3at
Dimensions & Weight
- Width ; 19.1 inch
- Depth : 9.8 inch
- Height : 1.7 inch
- Weight : 8.18 lbs
About Refurbished Products
Different Types of Switches
Networking switches vary widely depending on the number of devices they can support, network bandwidth/speed, and form factor. Switches for small offices will have anything between 4 and 8 ports and can fit on a desk. For larger office network implementation, switches may have 24 ports, 48 ports, 96 ports, and 128 ports and are rack-mountable between 1U and 4U. Switches come in different types depending on the network speed and tasks they support. These include 40/100 Gbps, 10 Gigabit (up to 10000 Mbps), Gigabit Ethernet (up to 1000 Mbps), Power over Ethernet, and Fast Ethernet (10/100 Mbps).
The unmanaged switches offer fixed configurations on a plug-and-play basis. It is the most basic switch and there are a few choices in the market. These switches are affordable, but the basic features make them inappropriate for enterprise applications.
The number of features and level of functionality improves with managed switches, making them ideal for enterprise and business applications. These switches are built with the command-line interface for ease of configuration. Equally, they support SNMP agents that come in handy when troubleshooting network issues.
The security on managed switches is better and will protect different types of traffic. Other features include support for virtual LANs, IP routing, and quality of service settings. Managed switches are more expensive compared to all other types of switches.
Smart switches refer to switches that possess more features than those unmanaged switches but do not have the full features of managed switches. Smart switches are more cost-effective than managed switches.
Some of the limitations of the smart switches are a lack of telnet access support, Web GUIs, and a lack of many features for VLANs. They are affordable compared to a fully managed switch and are suitable for a smaller computer network.
Modular switches allow the addition of expansion modules as the network expands. The expansion modules allow for more networked devices but are application-specific. They may include wireless access points, firewalls, or network analysis tools. The flexibility of a modular networking switch comes at a higher cost.
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.