Introduction to NM-HDV
The NM-HDV (Cisco High Density Voice/Fax Network Module) is a network module designed for use with Cisco routers to provide high-density voice and fax support. The module is designed to allow service providers and enterprises to expand the voice and fax capabilities of their existing networks and increase the efficiency of their communications.
- High-Density Voice and Fax Support: The NM-HDV provides high-density support for voice and fax traffic, allowing organizations to manage and route calls more efficiently.
- Voice Compression: The module supports industry-standard voice compression algorithms, including G.711, G.723, and G.729, to conserve bandwidth and improve call quality.
- Voice/Fax Processing: The NM-HDV includes a dedicated processor for voice and fax processing, providing a high level of performance and reliability.
- Scalability: The module is designed to be scalable, allowing organizations to expand their voice and fax capabilities as their needs grow.
- Voice over IP (VoIP): The NM-HDV is ideal for organizations that are looking to implement VoIP, as it provides high-density voice support and helps to manage voice traffic over the network.
- Fax over IP (FoIP): The module is also ideal for organizations that are looking to implement FoIP, as it provides high-density fax support and helps to manage fax traffic over the network.
System Requirements and Compatibility
The NM-HDV (Cisco High Density Voice/Fax Network Module) is a highly reliable and scalable voice and fax solution that supports high-density connectivity for analog telephones, fax machines, and modems. The system requirements and compatibility of the NM-HDV are important to consider to ensure that the module will function correctly in your network environment.
- Router Compatibility: The NM-HDV is compatible with select Cisco Integrated Services Routers (ISR) and requires an available network module slot.
- Power Requirements: The NM-HDV requires power to operate and is powered through the router, so it is important to make sure that the router has enough power to support the module.
- Software Compatibility: The NM-HDV requires a compatible version of Cisco IOS software to operate, so it is important to check the software compatibility before installing the module.
- Cable Compatibility: The NM-HDV requires analog cables to connect to analog devices, so it is important to use the correct type and length of cable for your installation.
- Device Compatibility: The NM-HDV supports analog telephones, fax machines, and modems, so it is important to check the compatibility of your devices before installing the module.
- Voice Codec Compatibility: The NM-HDV supports various voice codecs, so it is important to check the compatibility of your devices and network environment to ensure that the module will function correctly.
Remote Monitoring and Management
The NM-HDV (Cisco High Density Voice/Fax Network Module) includes remote monitoring and management capabilities that allow administrators to remotely monitor and manage the module from a centralized location. This helps to simplify the management and maintenance of the module and reduces downtime, as administrators can quickly resolve issues without having to physically access the module.
- Real-Time Monitoring: Administrators can monitor the NM-HDV in real-time from a centralized location, ensuring that the module is functioning as expected.
- Performance Metrics: Administrators can view performance metrics for the NM-HDV, including call quality, network performance, and resource utilization.
- Alarms and Alerts: The NM-HDV generates alarms and alerts in the event of an issue, allowing administrators to quickly identify and resolve problems.
- Centralized Configuration: Administrators can configure and manage the NM-HDV remotely from a centralized location, eliminating the need to physically access the module.
- Firmware Management: Administrators can remotely upgrade the firmware of the NM-HDV, ensuring that the module is always running the latest software version.
- Network Management: Administrators can remotely manage the network settings of the NM-HDV, including IP address, subnet mask, and default gateway.
- Manufacturer Cisco Systems, Inc
- Manufacturer Part Number NM-HDV
- Brand Name Cisco
- Product Model NM-HDA-4FXS
- Product Name Voice/Fax Network Module
- Product Type Network Module
- Application/Usage Data Networking
- Number of Total Expansion Slots 6
- Expansion Slot Type VIC
- Expansion Slot Type VWIC
- Compatibility Supported Platforms & Minimum IOS Versions:
- 3660 series - 12.0(5)XK
- 3640 - 12.0(5)XK
- 3620 - 12.0(5)XK
- 2691 - 12.2(8)T1
- 2650 - 12.1(3)T
- 2600XM Series - 12.1(14) or 12.2(8)T1
- 2600 series - 12.0(5)XK
About Refurbished Products
Telephony technology deals with the interaction between two or parties that are physically distant. The interaction often involves electronic voice communication, videoconferencing, text messages, and faxing. Telephony has now evolved into the Internet sphere, allowing users to communicate via IP (Internet Protocol) networks. This is done at lower costs than traditional telephonic systems. IP telephonic systems can be found on a host of computing devices such as PCs, desktop computers, smartphones, and tablets.
Users need to invest in reliable, scalable, and robust telephony equipment to help meet enterprise needs. Every business needs to constantly communicate with employees, suppliers, and customers for improved business performance. There are a series of smart features of available telephony equipment that users can benefit from. These include real-time telephone calls, video conferencing, privacy protection, faxing, instant messaging, and more.
These high-end technologies are ideal for several organizations that require an improved approach to their telephony networking. That way, they can be sure of maximizing business mobility and continuity.
Several types of office phone systems are available to be employed by users. These phone systems run on different technology platforms. They can make use of VoIP, PBX, or analog. A user's telephone system choice will depend on the extensions, business applications, wiring, and budget. There are three major types that users can choose from, and they include KSU, PBX, and VoIP.
KSU (Key System Unit)
The Key System Unit is a multi-line telephony system that performs under a central control device. Present key system units now offer users with advanced features for businesses with up to 75 employees. These types of systems are often known as hybrid telephone systems. They incorporate the features of both key and PBX systems, offering improved efficiency. A great advantage of key systems is that the users can expand them as the business expands, and more employees are available.
PBX (Private Branch Exchange)
Larger businesses employ these types of telephony systems. They can accommodate well over 75 employees, and they have several advanced features standard them. These systems offer increased flexibility, which allows them to be used for complex operations in business environments. Their flexibility and customizable features ensure that they offer good value for money.
VoIP (Voice over IP)
This type is the latest telephonic system that allows businesses to connect in different locations. These locations can be within a locale or other places in the world. VoIP telephony equipment works by sending voice calls via the internet without the need for traditional telephones.
VoIP technology enables businesses to communicate with remote workers and branch offices. That is, users can place and receive calls anywhere in the world with the same number. Traditional VoIP technology allows companies to own and manage the telephony equipment themselves. On the other hand, the hosted VoIP system is controlled by a service provider.
Cloud-based telephony equipment manages and maintains a company's communication, relieving the IT department of such duties. That way, it frees up time and allows employees to focus on other important tasks.
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.