This item is a Cisco 100 Gigabit Ethernet Active Optical Cable (AOC) that provides a high-speed, low-power alternative to traditional copper cables. It is a direct attach cable that connects two QSFP ports on networking devices, such as switches and routers, to provide a 100 Gbps connection between them.
This particular AOC has a maximum length of 10 meters, which makes it well-suited for use in short-distance data center and high-performance computing environments. It is fully compliant with the IEEE 802.3bm standard for 100 Gigabit Ethernet and is also RoHS and MSA compliant, which ensures its compatibility with other devices and equipment.
The QSFP-100G-AOC10M is a cost-effective solution for short-distance, high-bandwidth data center networking and provides high-speed, low-latency connectivity between devices with QSFP ports.
Reliability of 10M Cable
The QSFP-100G-AOC10M Cisco 100 Gigabit Ethernet Active Optical Cable is a reliable option for short-distance data center and high-performance computing environments.
Active optical cables (AOCs) like the model use optical fibers to transmit data, which are more reliable than copper cables as they are not susceptible to electromagnetic interference (EMI) and can provide faster data transfer speeds over longer distances without signal degradation. They also use low-power transceivers that consume less power compared to copper cables, this makes them more energy efficient and less prone to overheating.
Additionally, the model is fully compliant with the IEEE 802.3bm standard for 100 Gigabit Ethernet, which ensures that it can be used with other devices and equipment that also comply with the standard. This ensures that it is built to the industry standard which is a guarantee of reliability.
In addition, it also has RoHS and MSA compliance, RoHS stands for Restriction of Hazardous Substances Directive and MSA Multi-Source Agreement, MSA means that it adheres to the industry standards, it means that it is compatible with other devices and equipment.
Benefits of Using this Cable
The Cisco model is a 100 Gigabit Ethernet (100G) active optical cable (AOC) that provides a high-speed, low-power alternative to traditional copper cables for connecting network devices.
Benefits of using the QSFP-100G-AOC10M include:
- High speed: The cable supports 100G data rates, which is up to 10 times faster than 10 Gigabit Ethernet (10G) and enables faster data transfer between devices.
- Long distance: The 10 meter length of the cable allows for greater flexibility in terms of positioning devices in a network.
- Low power consumption: AOCs use optical fibers instead of copper wires, which results in lower power consumption compared to traditional copper cables, this could be beneficial to reduce overall power consumption and cost.
- Lightweight: The cable is lightweight and easy to handle, making it easy to install and maintain.
- Reduced EMI: Electromagnetic interference (EMI) can cause signal degradation and errors in copper cables. AOCs, being optical fibers, do not experience EMI issues and thus providing more reliable signal transmissions
- Durability: AOCs are more resistant to bending and twisting compared to copper cables and are less susceptible to damage.
General Information about this Cisco QSFP-100G-AOC10M
- Manufacturer: Cisco
- Part Number or SKU# QSFP-100G-AOC10M
- Product Type: Network Cable
Technical Information for Network Cable
- Network Cable Type: 100GBase direct attach cable
- Technology: Fiber optic
- Cable Length: 32.81 ft (10 Meter)
- Connector Type on First End: QSFP28 Network
- Connector on First End Details: QSFP28 Network
- Connector Type on Second End: QSFP28 Network
- Connector on Second End Details: QSFP28 Network
Performance of QSFP Optical Cable
- Device Supported: Router
- Data Transfer Rate: 12.50 GB/s
- Environmentally Friendly: Yes
- Environmental Certification: RoHS
- P/N: C9500-24Y4C-1A, C9500-24Y4C-1E, C9500-24Y4C-A, C9500-24Y4C-A=, C9500-24Y4C-E, C9500-24Y4C-E=, C9500-24Y4C-EDU, C9500-32C-A, C9500-32C-A=, C9500-32C-E, C9500-32C-E=, C9500-32C-EDU, C9500-32QC-1E, C9500-32QC-A, C9500-32QC-A=, C9500-32QC-E, C9500-32QC-E=, C9500-32QC-EDU, C9500-48Y4C, C9500-48Y4C-A, C9500-48Y4C-A=, C9500-48Y4C-E, C9500-48Y4C-E=, C9500-48Y4C-EDU, EPA-QSFP-1X100GE, EPA-QSFP-1X100GE=, FPR9K-DNM-2X100G=, N3K-C31108PC-V-RF, N3K-C31108TC-V-RF, N3K-C3264C-E, N3K-C3264C-E=, N3K-C34180YC, N3K-C34180YC=, N3K-C36180YC-R-RF, N3K-C3636C-R, N3K-C3636C-R=, N540-24Z8Q2C-SYS, N77-M312CQ-26L-RF, N9K-C92160YC-X-WS, N9K-C92300YC=, N9K-C9236C-RF, N9K-C9236C-WS, N9K-C93108TC-EX-RF, N9K-C93108TC-EX-WS, N9K-C93108TC-FX=, N9K-C93108TC-FX-RF, N9K-C93180LC-EX-AS, N9K-C93180LC-EX-RF, N9K-C93180LC-EX-WS, N9K-C93180YC-EX_BR, N9K-C93180YC-EX=2, N9K-C93180YC-EX-24, N9K-C93180YC-EX-WS, N9K-C93180YC-FX=, N9K-C93180YC-FX-RF, N9K-C93240YC-FX2, N9K-C93240YC-FX2=, N9K-C9332C, N9K-C9332C=, N9K-C9336C-FX2, N9K-C9336C-FX2=, N9K-C9336C-FX2-B, N9K-C9336C-FX2-B2, N9K-C9336C-FX2-OR, N9K-C9348GC-FXP=, N9K-C9348GC-FXP-OR, N9K-C9364C=, N9K-C9364C-RF, N9K-X96136YC-R, N9K-X9636C-R=, N9K-X9636C-RX, N9K-X9636C-RX=, N9K-X97160YC-EX-RF, N9K-X9732C-EXM=, N9K-X9732C-EX-RF, N9K-X9732C-FX, N9K-X9732C-FX=, N9K-X9736C-FX, N9K-X9736C-FXS, N9K-X9788TC-FX, N9K-X9788TC-FX=, N9K-X9788TC-FX-RF, NC55-36X100G-DTCR=, NC55-36X100G-S-DC=, NC55-36X100G-U-SB, NC55-MPA-1TH2H-S, NC55-MPA-1TH2H-S=, NC55-MPA-4H-S, NC55-MPA-4H-S=, NCS-5001=, NCS-5001-BUN, NCS-5001-FN-BK, NCS-5002, NCS-5002-ACSR, NCS-5002-FLT-FR, NCS-5002-FN-FR, NCS-5011, NCS-5011-32F, NCS-5011-ACSR, NCS-5011-FN-FR, NCS-5011-RF, NCS-5501-SE-SYS, NCS-5501-SE-U, NCS-5501-SYS, NCS-5501-SYS=, NCS-5502=, NCS-5502-DTCR, NCS-5502-FLTR-FW, NCS-5502-SYS, NCS-5502-SYS=, NCS-55A1-24H-B, NCS-55A1-24H-SYS, NCS-55A1-24H-TRK, NCS-55A1-36H-SE-B, NCS-55A1-36H-SE-S, UCSC-PCIE-C100-04, UCS-FI-6454, UCS-FI-6454=, UCS-FI-6454-CH
Cables - Direct Attach Cable
Direct Attach Cable, also known as the DAC cable, connects the equipment and peripherals in a data network. All the active networking equipment, including the data storage devices, switches, routers, servers, and more, will be connected and synched using the DAC cables. As far as the usage is concerned, these direct attached copper cables are getting fame in the data storage centers and the industry sector and server rooms: the reason being the cost-effective, efficient, and easier way to form the connection.
Direct Attach Copper Cables Are Terminated with Modules:
DAC cables are terminated from the manufacturer with the modules, which can easily connect the active peripheral equipment and secure an electrical connection. These modules are factory terminated and cannot be removed from the DAC cables afterward. Hence these wires possess a fixed length.
There are plenty of types and models available for the direct attach cables, including the direct, breakout, active and passive. As mentioned in the name, the direct cable can form a direct stable connection among the two peripherals, while breakout can connect one port with the four others. On the other hand, an active DAC cable will transmit signals to a little longer distance than the passive ones.
We, at ALLHDD, have got you all the range DAC cables for you to shop from! Choose from the following sub-categories: 0.5 Meter, 1 Meter, 16.4 Feet, 2 Meter, 4xC-13 Attached, 5 Meters, SFP+, 0.65 Meter, 10 Feet, 10 Meters, and 3 Meter.
DAC cables can follow longer paths:
Many of you might be wondering if the direct attach cable can transmit the data up to 10 meters or more! Yes, these cables can transfer the data to a more extended range depending on the data rate. The data rate is inversely proportional to the transmit range- the more the data rate, the less will be the range!
Direct Attach Data Cables are cost-effective!
DAC cables are more cost-effective as compared to the other ones. Using the two optical transceivers and fiber cable will not generate similar results as these DAC cables would!
Not only are these cost-effective and can cover long range but are reliable as well! As already mentioned, the DAC cables are factory terminated with a module that plugs into the networking equipment and generates a physical connection. Apart from the secure connection, the 26 to 28 AWG Copper material makes them rugged. Therefore, surviving through the damage and cracks, DAC cables are a way to connect peripherals swiftly. You can choose from the following options 7 Meter, ProCurve, 0.65M, 1.2 Meter, 20 Meter and 30 Meter and also claim a 2.5% discount!
Why buy from ALLHDD?
ALLHDD has been serving its users for many years now! Fulfilling the needs of tech-savvies, we have got immense variety in each category. The same is true for the Direct Attach Copper Cables (DAC), which need to connect the networking peripherals.
Here, you can check more available conditions of your desired product QSFP-100G-AOC10M at a competitive price. We are trying our best to meet your needs on the enterprise-level computer, server, data centre, and networking hardware. You are welcome to ask our live chat or get live representative support over the phone.
Other Available Conditions for this Part
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.