Security Considerations for Optical Cable
The QSFP-100G-AOC15M= is a Cisco 100GBase QSFP Active Optical Cable (AOC) designed to provide high-speed connectivity between switches, routers, servers, and other network devices. Like any networking component, security considerations should be taken into account when deploying this cable.
Here are some security considerations for QSFP-100G-AOC15M= Cisco 100GBase QSFP Active Optical Cable:
- Physical Security: As with any networking component, physical security is of utmost importance. The QSFP-100G-AOC15M= should be secured in a locked cabinet or rack to prevent unauthorized access. The cable itself should also be protected from damage and tampering, as any interference with the cable could result in network downtime or data theft.
- Encryption: While the QSFP-100G-AOC15M= is not an encryption device, it is still important to consider encryption for the data transmitted over the cable. Encryption can help protect sensitive data from being intercepted or compromised by unauthorized parties. If encryption is not used, sensitive data could be exposed to hackers or other malicious actors.
- Access Control: Access control is another important security consideration for the QSFP-100G-AOC15M=. Only authorized personnel should be able to access the devices connected to the cable. This can be achieved through the use of network access control (NAC) systems, which can help ensure that only authenticated and authorized devices are allowed on the network.
- Firmware Updates: Like any networking device, the QSFP-100G-AOC15M= may require firmware updates from time to time. These updates can address security vulnerabilities or improve performance. It is important to regularly check for and install firmware updates to ensure that the cable is operating at peak performance and is secure.
- Configuration Management: Proper configuration management can help ensure that the QSFP-100G-AOC15M= is operating as intended and is secure. Configuration management involves tracking changes made to the device's configuration, ensuring that configurations are backed up and easily recoverable, and verifying that the configuration is in compliance with security policies and regulations.
Factors to Consider When Choosing QSFP Active Cable
When choosing the QSFP-100G-AOC15M= Cisco 100GBase QSFP Active Optical Cable, there are several factors to consider:
- Compatibility: Ensure that the QSFP-100G-AOC15M= cable is compatible with your network equipment. Check the compatibility matrix of your switch or router to make sure that it supports this cable.
- Length: Determine the length of cable required for your specific setup. The QSFP-100G-AOC15M= cable is 15 meters in length, which should be sufficient for most applications. However, if you need a longer cable, you will need to consider alternative options.
- Bandwidth: Consider the bandwidth requirements of your network. The QSFP-100G-AOC15M= cable is capable of supporting 100Gbps, which is suitable for most high-speed data center applications.
- Reliability: Look for a cable that is reliable and durable. The QSFP-100G-AOC15M= cable is built to withstand harsh data center environments and is designed to operate over a wide temperature range.
- Cost: Consider the cost of the cable and whether it fits within your budget. The QSFP-100G-AOC15M= cable is priced competitively and offers a cost-effective solution for high-speed data center connectivity.
- Support: Look for a vendor that offers good support and customer service. Ensure that they can provide you with the necessary technical assistance if you encounter any issues during installation or operation.
Maintenance and Care Tips
The QSFP-100G-AOC15M= is a Cisco 100GBase QSFP Active Optical Cable, which is used for high-speed data transmission over short distances. Here are some maintenance and care tips for this cable:
- Handle the cable with care: Always handle the cable with care, avoiding any twists or bends that can damage the fibers inside the cable. It's also important to avoid pulling or tugging on the cable, as this can cause stress on the connectors and degrade signal quality.
- Keep the cable clean: Dirt and dust can accumulate on the connectors and degrade signal quality. Clean the connectors with a lint-free cloth or compressed air periodically to keep them clean.
- Store the cable properly: When not in use, store the cable in a dry and clean environment to protect it from moisture, dust, and other contaminants.
- Avoid exposing the cable to extreme temperatures: The QSFP-100G-AOC15M= cable should be kept within its operating temperature range of 0°C to 70°C. Avoid exposing the cable to extreme temperatures that can damage the fibers and connectors.
- Do not bend the cable beyond its minimum bend radius: Bending the cable beyond its minimum bend radius can cause the fibers to break and degrade signal quality. Make sure to follow the manufacturer's recommended bend radius.
- Inspect the cable regularly: Check the cable regularly for any signs of damage, including cuts, kinks, or breaks in the fibers. If any damage is detected, replace the cable immediately.
By following these maintenance and care tips, you can ensure that your QSFP-100G-AOC15M= cable performs optimally and lasts for a long time.
General Information about this Cisco QSFP-100G-AOC15M=
- Manufacturer: Cisco
- Part Number or SKU# QSFP-100G-AOC15M=
- Product Type: Optical Cable
Technical Information of Cisco Optical Cable
- Cable Type: Fiber Optic
- Cable Length: 15 Meter
- Connector Type on First End: QSFP Network
- Connector on First End Details: QSFP Network
- Features: Active
- Device Supported: Network Device
- Data Transfer Rate: 100 GBPS
About New Bulk Pack Products
Cables - Network Cables
Network cables are what make it possible to share It resources in a network. Whether home, office, or in a data center, networking using cables still remains popular over wireless protocols such as Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connections. We use different network cables to enable resource sharing, such as memory devices, printers, scanners, and other resources. Networking is the only way to converge resources and make file sharing and team collaboration easy. If you are looking for network cables to achieve that, then you are in the right place.
Types of Network Cables
Network cables, also known as Ethernet cables, are of three different types: coaxial, fiber optic, and twisted-pair copper cables. The last two types are the commonly used cable types. We will, therefore, dig deeper into them shortly. Coaxial cables are not widely used in networking but still remain very popular in telecommunication.
Fiber Optic Cables
Structurally, optical cables comprise the core, cladding, buffer, and jacket on the outer part. Of great interest is the core material, which can be glass or plastic. Signals travel in this medium at the speed of light over long and short distances. Due to this high data rate, optical cables are becoming more famous in networking than other network cables.
The other layers of this cable work together to maintain its efficiency. Through cladding, the light is totally internally reflected in the core. The buffer prevents any possible leakage of light. The jacket, being the outer layer, offers protection to the cable against mechanical damage.
Twisted Pair Copper Cable
Almost all modern computers at home or office networks use twisted-pair cables. The cable consists of 8 individually coated and twisted in pairs copper wires bundled together in one. The twisted-pair cables can either be shielded or unshielded. Because of shielding in the shielded and twisted pair cables, they experience less noise and have low EMI resistance.
Network Cable Connectors
The connectors of any Ethernet cable depend on the intended application. Your home computer networking might only need the standard 8 terminal clips to connect to a network. That is not usually the case when considering large enterprises and data centers where different IT equipment is interconnected. There may be a need for network adapters and other complex cables such as 8 LEAD and JG263A HPE network cables.
Network Cables Length
In any networking task, use the right cable length. That will not only make your system look organized but also deliver better performance. Get rid of any unnecessarily long cables. If the work can be done with 15-meter-long cables, got for it and not a 20-meter-long cable. If the source and target are too close or placed side by side, you are better off if you use 1.5-meter-long cables. The resulting network will look neat without cables tangling everywhere.
Sourcing Ethernet Cables from Reputable Supplier
Shopping for Ethernet cables is not a straightforward process. Not all cables are manufactured with the same quality, and that affects the bandwidth. Make the right decision to buy CR4 cable or optical cable for your networking business from ALLHDD. We source only quality cables from reputable vendors, and all of them come with warranties.
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.