Factors to Consider of Active Optical Cable
The QSFP-100G-AOC5M= is a Cisco 100GBase Active Optical Cable (AOC) with a length of 5 meters. When considering this cable, there are several factors that should be taken into account, including:
- Cable Type: The QSFP-100G-AOC5M= is an Active Optical Cable (AOC), which means it uses optical fibers to transmit data. As opposed to a passive cable, which relies on copper conductors. AOCs have higher bandwidth and can support longer distances, but are typically more expensive than passive cables.
- Cable Length: The QSFP-100G-AOC5M= is 5 meters in length, which is a relatively short distance for a 100Gbps cable. If longer distances are required, a different cable type or technology may be needed.
- Connector Type: The QSFP-100G-AOC5M= uses a QSFP+ connector, which is a high-speed, pluggable interface for connecting switches, routers, and other network equipment. It is important to ensure that the connector type matches the equipment it is being used with.
- Bandwidth: The QSFP-100G-AOC5M= has a bandwidth of 100Gbps, which means it can support high-speed data transmission. However, other factors such as cable length and equipment capabilities can impact the actual data rate.
- Power Consumption: The QSFP-100G-AOC5M= is an active cable, which means it requires power to operate. It is important to consider the power consumption of the cable, as well as the equipment it is being used with, to ensure proper power management.
High-Speed Network Connectivity
The QSFP-100G-AOC5M= is a Cisco 100Gbase 5 meter direct attach cable that provides high-speed network connectivity between networking devices such as switches, routers, and servers. Here are some additional details about its high-speed network connectivity:
- Data Rate: The QSFP-100G-AOC5M= cable supports a data rate of 100 Gbps (Gigabits per second), which makes it ideal for high-speed data transfer and high-bandwidth applications such as data centers, cloud computing, and big data analytics.
- QSFP28 Connector: The cable has a Quad Small Form-factor Pluggable 28 (QSFP28) connector on both ends. The QSFP28 connector is a high-density, hot-pluggable connector that supports up to 4 channels of data transmission.
- Active Optical Cable (AOC) Technology: The QSFP-100G-AOC5M= cable uses Active Optical Cable (AOC) technology to transmit data over fiber optic cables. AOC technology uses optical fibers to transmit data and electronics to amplify and reshape the signals. This technology ensures that the cable can transmit data over longer distances without loss of signal quality.
- Low Power Consumption: The QSFP-100G-AOC5M= cable has a low power consumption, which makes it ideal for use in data centers and other environments where energy efficiency is a concern.
- Plug-and-Play: The QSFP-100G-AOC5M= cable is a plug-and-play solution, which means that it does not require any configuration or setup. Simply plug the cable into the networking devices, and it will start transmitting data immediately.
Testing and Troubleshooting for 5 Meter Network Cable
The QSFP-100G-AOC5M= is a 100Gbase Direct Attach Cable (DAC) manufactured by Cisco, designed for high-speed data transfer over short distances within data centers. Testing and troubleshooting the QSFP-100G-AOC5M= cable can help identify and resolve any connectivity or performance issues that may arise.
Here are some steps you can take to test and troubleshoot the QSFP-100G-AOC5M= Cisco 100Gbase 5 Meter Direct Attach Cable:
- Verify Compatibility: Ensure that the QSFP-100G-AOC5M= is compatible with the network equipment and interfaces it is intended to be used with. Check the specifications and compatibility matrix for the cable and the devices it is connecting.
- Visual Inspection: Perform a visual inspection of the cable to look for any physical damage, such as bent or broken connectors, frayed or kinked cable, or other signs of wear and tear. Any damage to the cable may affect its performance.
- Check Signal Strength: Use a compatible signal strength tester to measure the signal strength of the QSFP-100G-AOC5M=. Verify that the signal strength is within the acceptable range specified by the cable and the network equipment.
- Test with Compatible Equipment: Connect the QSFP-100G-AOC5M= to compatible network equipment, such as switches or routers, and test the connectivity and data transfer speeds. Use appropriate network testing tools to verify that the cable is transmitting data correctly and that the transfer rates are consistent with the specifications.
- Check for Error Messages: Monitor for any error messages or notifications that may indicate issues with the cable or connectivity. Troubleshoot any errors or issues as necessary.
- Replace the Cable: If all other troubleshooting steps have been taken and the issue persists, replace the QSFP-100G-AOC5M= with a new cable.
- Manufacturer: Cisco Systems, Inc
- Manufacturer Part Number: QSFP-100G-AOC5M=
- Product Name: 100GBase QSFP Active Optical Cable, 5-meter
- Product Type: Network Cable
- Cable Type: Fiber Optic
- Cable Length: 16.40 ft
- Connector on First End: 1 x QSFP Network
- Connector on Second End: 1 x QSFP Network
- Features: Active
- Features: Flexible
- Device Supported: Network Device
- Data Transfer Rate: 12.50 GB/s
Cables - Optical Cable
Many people are currently talking about fiber optic cables. This new invention is the future of computer networking, taking over from all-time copper wire cables. If you are looking forward to setting up a new data center, or you just want an upgrade, then optical fiber cable is the way to go. It might seem like a new invention, but the cables are all out there. You can get any networking cable and interfacing cable you need for your application.
Types of Fiber Optical Cables for Networking
We may not exploit all the types of these optical cables out there, but we must bring it to your attention that you will always get what you need. There are two major categories of these cables depending on the core material. We have either plastic or glass cables, but these should not make any difference if you just want a home or office networking.
The two major categories are broken down into small groups of interest depending on the end connectors. The list of subgroups is endless, but we will quickly mention the commonly used ones. On the list, we have LC-LC cable, InfiniBand, ProLiant, Patch cable, and standard fiber optical cables. Please note that the first three items on the list are special-purpose cables commonly used in data centers.
Get Greater Bandwidth with Optical Cable
Fiber optical cable or LC cable was invented to replace copper cables because of their limited bandwidth. As technology advances, there is a need for a higher data rate than copper wires can handle. Fiber optic cable has more bandwidth compared to copper conductors of the same diameter. It never matters whether you have single-mode or multimode fiber cables; your applications are always at the top.
Higher Data Transfer Rates
Fiber optical cables are also champions when it comes to data speeds. Unlike copper conductors that rely on electrons to transfer data, fiber cables use light. So, the theoretical data rate is the speed of light. It can deliver data at that high speed while maintaining integrity. The resistance of fiber cables to environmental and magnetic interference with the signal is also remarkable!
Cheaper in the Long Run
What turns people away from fiber cables is the initial purchase price, but that is predicted to fall in the coming years. Despite that, these cables are very much cheaper in the end because of almost no maintenance cost. They also come with many advantages over their distant rivals, copper cables, worth the cost. What you actually pay for when you buy an optical cable is the performance and technology used in the manufacturing.
Where to Buy Quality Optical CablesWhether you are looking for special-purpose cables such as InfiniBand cables or LC fiber cables, look no further than ALLHDD. We source all the products from your favorite manufacturers: Dell, HP, Cisco, etc. We also keep high integrity standards, and all products are handled with care while in our warehouse. Any optical cable or other computer hardware you will receive from us is in good condition. You also have a 30-day warranty to return the product for a replacement if there are any flaws in it. Contact us to complete your order now.
Here, you can check more available conditions of your desired product QSFP-100G-AOC5M= at a competitive price. We are trying our best to meet your needs on the enterprise-level computer, server, data centre, and networking hardware. You are welcome to ask our live chat or get live representative support over the phone.
Other Available Conditions for this Part
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.