Features and Specifications of Passive Copper Cable
The Cisco QSFP-100G-CU5M is a 16.40 feet (5 meter) QSFP (Quad Small Form-Factor Pluggable) passive copper cable that is designed to provide reliable, high-speed connectivity between compatible Cisco networking devices.
Here are some of the key features and specifications of the Cisco QSFP-100G-CU5M cable:
- QSFP form factor: The QSFP-100G-CU5M cable is designed to connect QSFP ports on Cisco networking devices, including switches and routers.
- Passive copper technology: The cable uses passive copper technology, which means that it does not require any power source or signal boosting. This can help reduce costs and complexity compared to active optical cables.
- High-speed connectivity: The Cisco QSFP-100G-CU5M cable is capable of delivering data transfer speeds of up to 100 Gbps, making it suitable for high-speed networking applications such as data center interconnects, high-performance computing, and cloud computing.
- Length: The cable measures 16.40 feet (5 meters) in length, which is suitable for connecting devices within a rack or between racks in a data center.
- Copper conductor: The cable uses copper conductors, which are thicker and more durable than fiber optic cables. Copper cables are also less prone to damage from bending or stretching.
- Compatibility: The Cisco QSFP-100G-CU5M cable is compatible with a range of Cisco networking devices that support QSFP ports, including Cisco Nexus switches, Cisco Catalyst switches, and Cisco ASR routers.
- Standards compliance: The cable complies with various industry standards, including IEEE 802.3bj, SFF-8436, and RoHS (Restriction of Hazardous Substances).
Types of Connectors Used in 5 Meter QSFP Copper Cables
The Cisco QSFP-100G-CU5M is a high-speed copper cable that is designed to connect switches, servers, routers, and other network devices. It uses Quad Small Form-factor Pluggable (QSFP) connectors, which are a type of hot-pluggable transceiver module that can transmit and receive data over optical fiber or copper cable.
The QSFP-100G-CU5M cable uses copper conductors to transmit data over a distance of up to 5 meters (16.40 feet) at a speed of 100 gigabits per second (Gbps). It has four lanes of data transmission, with each lane capable of transmitting data at a rate of up to 25 Gbps.
The connectors used in the QSFP-100G-CU5M cable are QSFP connectors, which are 38-pin connectors that are used to attach the cable to a network device. The pins are arranged in a staggered pattern to ensure that the cable is properly aligned when it is inserted into the device.
There are four types of QSFP connectors that are commonly used:
- QSFP-DD: This is the newest type of QSFP connector and it is used in high-speed data centers. It has 76 pins and is capable of transmitting data at a rate of up to 400 Gbps.
- QSFP28: This connector is used for 100 Gbps and 40 Gbps Ethernet applications. It has 38 pins and is capable of transmitting data at a rate of up to 28 Gbps per lane.
- QSFP+: This connector is used for 40 Gbps and 10 Gbps Ethernet applications. It has 38 pins and is capable of transmitting data at a rate of up to 10 Gbps per lane.
- QSFP: This connector is used for 40 Gbps and 4x10 Gbps Ethernet applications. It has 38 pins and is capable of transmitting data at a rate of up to 10 Gbps per lane.
Maintenance and Troubleshooting
The Cisco QSFP-100G-CU5M is a high-speed passive copper cable designed to provide 100Gbps connectivity between Cisco switches, routers, and other network equipment. It is a 5-meter long cable that uses QSFP (Quad Small Form-factor Pluggable) connectors on both ends to establish a reliable and fast data link.
Maintenance: To ensure optimal performance and longevity of the Cisco QSFP-100G-CU5M cable, it's essential to follow these maintenance guidelines:
- Avoid excessive bending or pulling of the cable.
- Keep the cable clean and free of dust and debris.
- Store the cable in a dry and cool place when not in use.
- Inspect the cable periodically for any signs of damage or wear and tear.
- Avoid exposing the cable to extreme temperatures, humidity, or direct sunlight.
Troubleshooting: If you experience any issues with the Cisco QSFP-100G-CU5M cable, you can try these troubleshooting steps:
- Check the cable connections on both ends to ensure they are secure and properly seated.
- Verify that the cable is compatible with your Cisco equipment and that it meets the required specifications.
- Inspect the cable for any signs of damage or breakage.
- Try swapping the cable with a known good cable to rule out any issues with the network equipment or the cable itself.
- Use diagnostic tools provided by Cisco to identify any errors or connectivity issues.
General Information about this Cisco QSFP-100G-CU5M
- Manufacturer: Cisco
- Part Number or SKU# QSFP-100G-CU5M
- Product Type: Network Cable
- Cable Type: QSFP
Technical Information of Cisco Network Cable
- Connector Type on First End: QSFP Network
- Connector Type on Second End: QSFP Network
- Product Color: Gray
- Cable Length: 16.40 feet
- Connector on First End Details: QSFP Network
- Connector on Second End Details: QSFP Network
- Features: Passive
About New Bulk Pack Products
Cables - Copper Cable
Coper cables still remain the most popular option in high voltage and low voltage applications such as networking. Despite the disadvantages, such as electromagnetic interference, copper still offers a cost-effective solution for many applications.
How does Copper Cable Transmit Data?
It is a simple process that starts by energizing one side of a copper wire to set electrons in it in motion. The electrons travel to the other end of the wire with the signal information. Since movement is involved, you can expect the electrons to lose their energy and eventually stop moving if the cable is very long. The loss of electron energy leads to a reduction in signal strength. When the electrons stop moving before reaching the other end of the copper wire, a total signal loss occurs. In long-distance data transmission, boosters are placed at an appropriate location to re-energize the electrons. That is usually not a problem of concern when wiring your server because of the short distance involved.
Does Length of Copper Cables Matter?
Yes, it does. As already mentioned, there is a degradation of signals as they move through the copper conductor due to losses. Copper wires have an internal resistance that will oppose the movement of current through them. Data moves through these copper cables as a stream of or pulses of current. The longer the wire, the higher the resistance and more likely signal strength deterioration. Think of it as walking uphill. The further you go, the more tired you become, and you may eventually stop moving.
When you are shopping for copper cables, just make sure you get an appropriate wire length for the application. Do not use a 10-meter cable where you can use a 5-meter cable. You make your system more efficient by using the best cable for the application.
Copper Cables for Every Application
You might have been made to believe that all copper cables are the same. That is not true. Manufacturers of these cables do so with specific applications in mind. A different approach is followed for applications where data rate and bandwidth are a priority. That is why you will find InfiniBand copper cables intended for such applications. Also, the connectors at the end of the copper wires show the intended use. You will find a big difference in the connectors used by IBM's RIO-2 copper cable and HP's X240 direct attach cable.When you are shopping for a copper cable, know what you intend to use it for. If you are not sure, consult with the sales representatives for any help. At ALLHDD, we have a technical team to help you solve any mystery in cable selection. Just contact us for the support you are entitled to get. We will help you to choose the best products and deliver them on time.
Here, you can check more available conditions of your desired product QSFP-100G-CU5M at a competitive price. We are trying our best to meet your needs on the enterprise-level computer, server, data centre, and networking hardware. You are welcome to ask our live chat or get live representative support over the phone.
Other Available Conditions for this Part
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.