Performance of Transceiver
Cisco 10GBPS Multi-Mode Fiber Transceiver is a high-performance networking device that is designed to transmit and receive data over fiber optic cables at speeds of up to 10 Gbps. It is used to connect network devices such as switches, routers, and servers to fiber optic networks, and it is typically used in enterprise and data center environments where high-bandwidth connectivity is required.
The performance of the Cisco 10GBPS Multi-Mode Fiber Transceiver depends on several factors, including the quality of the fiber optic cables and connectors, the distance between the transceiver and the receiving device, and the overall health and performance of the network. In general, this transceiver is capable of providing fast and reliable data transmission over fiber optic cables, and it is considered to be a reliable and high-performance solution for connecting network devices in enterprise and data center environments.
Redundancy and High Availability
Redundancy and High Availability are critical concepts in networking, and they play an essential role in ensuring that network devices and services are available and performant in the event of component failures or unexpected outages. The Cisco SFP-10G-SR 10GBPS Multi-Mode Fiber Duplex LC Connector SFP+ Transceiver is a popular optical transceiver module that can be used to establish high-speed network connections over multi-mode fiber optic cabling. Here's a more detailed explanation of how redundancy and high availability can be achieved with this module:
Redundancy: Redundancy is the concept of having a backup or duplicate component that can take over in the event of a failure or outage. In the context of networking, redundancy is typically achieved through the use of redundant components such as routers, switches, or links. For example, if one switch fails, another switch can take over, ensuring that network traffic continues to flow uninterrupted.
With the Cisco SFP-10G-SR module, redundancy can be achieved by installing multiple transceivers in a switch or router. If one transceiver fails, another transceiver can take over, ensuring that the network connection remains active. Additionally, some switches and routers support redundancy at the chassis level, where entire modules or line cards can be swapped out in the event of a failure.
High Availability: High availability is the concept of ensuring that network devices and services are always available and performant, even in the event of failures or outages. High availability is typically achieved through the use of redundant components, load balancing, and failover mechanisms.
With the Cisco SFP-10G-SR module, high availability can be achieved by using redundant links or load balancing techniques to distribute traffic across multiple links. Additionally, some switches and routers support automatic failover mechanisms, where traffic is rerouted to a backup link or device in the event of a failure.
The Cisco SFP-10G-SR is a 10 Gigabit Ethernet transceiver designed to operate over multi-mode fiber optic cable with a duplex LC connector interface. It is used to connect switches, routers, and other network devices over short distances of up to 300 meters, making it ideal for use in data centers, enterprise networks, and other high-speed networking applications.
While the Cisco SFP-10G-SR is a reliable and high-performance transceiver, there are several security considerations that network administrators should be aware of when using it in their networks. These include:
- Authentication and Authorization: To prevent unauthorized access to the network, it is important to ensure that only authenticated and authorized devices are allowed to connect to the network using the SFP-10G-SR transceiver. Network administrators should implement authentication and authorization mechanisms, such as 802.1X or MAC address filtering, to control access to the network.
- Physical Security: The SFP-10G-SR transceiver should be physically secured to prevent unauthorized removal or tampering. This can be achieved by locking the transceiver in place, using tamper-evident seals, or implementing other physical security measures.
- Encryption: To protect sensitive data transmitted over the network, it is important to use encryption technologies, such as IPsec or SSL, to secure the data in transit. Network administrators should ensure that encryption is enabled on all devices that use the SFP-10G-SR transceiver.
- Firmware Updates: It is important to keep the firmware on the SFP-10G-SR transceiver up to date to ensure that any security vulnerabilities are patched. Network administrators should regularly check for firmware updates and apply them as needed.
- Monitoring: Network administrators should monitor network traffic to detect any suspicious activity or unauthorized access attempts. This can be achieved by using network monitoring tools, such as intrusion detection systems (IDS) or security information and event management (SIEM) systems.
General Information about this Cisco SFP-10G-SR
- Manufacturer: Cisco
- Model Number or SKU# SFP-10G-SR
- Product Type: SFP+ Transceiver
- Transceiver Type: SR
Technical Information of SFP Transceiver
- Application/Usage: Data Networking, Optical Network
- Ethernet Technology: 10 Gigabit Ethernet
- Interfaces/Ports Details: 1 x LC/PC Duplex 10GBase-SR Network
- Media Type Supported: Optical Fiber
- Fiber Optic Cable Standard: 62.5 µm, 50 µm
- Fiber Mode Supported: Multi-mode
- Network Technology: 10GBase-SR
- Form Factor: Hot-Swappable
- DDM: Yes
- Connector Type: Dual-LC
Network & Communication for 10GBPS Transceiver Module
- Cable Type: Ethernet 10GBase-SR
- Compliant Standards: IEEE 802.3ae
- Connectivity Technology: Wired
- Max Transfer Distance: 984 ft
- Optical Wave Length: 850 nm
Power Description of Multi-mode Transceiver
- Transmitter Type: VCSEL
- Receiver Type:: PIN
- Transceiver Power: -7.3~-1dBm
- Receiver Sensitivity: < -11.1dBm
- Receiver Overload: 0.5dBm
- Typical Power Consumption: ≤0.6W
- Max Operating Temperature: 158 degree Fahrenheit
- Min Operating Temperature; 32 degree Fahrenheit
Network Management & Protocol System
- IEEE 802.3ae, SFF-8472, SFF-8431, SFF-8432, SFP+ MSA Compliant, CPRI, eCPRI
- Networking Protocol: 10 Gigabit Ethernet
- Data Transfer Rate: 10GBPS
- Max Data Rate: 10.3125Gbps
Weight & Dimensions
- Height: 0.3 Inch
- Width: 0.5 Inch
- Depth: 2.2 Inch
- Cisco Nexus 5000 Series Switches
- Cisco Nexus 7000 Series Switches
- Knowledge of SFP-10G-SR Compatibility-
- When you buy SFP-10G-SR transceivers for your switch, you are told to buy "brand" SFP-10G-SR from your network equipment manufacturer in order to keep your system running properly and safely. The "brand" SFP-10G-SR compatibility may never have any issues and the price is therefore very high, usually several hundred dollars. But since the transceivers are all manufactured based on MSA (Multi-source Agreement), which strictly define the operating characteristics of optical transceivers so that system vendors may implement ports in their devices that allow MSA compliant transceivers produced by name brand, as well a third party vendor, to function properly. Transceivers that manufactured by third party vendors, usually called compatible transceivers, such as compatible Cisco SFP-10G-SR transceivers. Usually, these compatible transceivers are tested on the corresponding switch before selling, therefore, the compatibility can also be ensured. Cisco SFP-10G-SR matrix can be found here.
About Refurbished Products
Here, you can check more available conditions of your desired product SFP-10G-SR at a competitive price. We are trying our best to meet your needs on the enterprise-level computer, server, data centre, and networking hardware. You are welcome to ask our live chat or get live representative support over the phone.
Other Available Conditions for this Part
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.