Introducing the High-Performance of SFP+ Transceiver Modules
The Cisco SFP-10G-SR is a high-performance 10 Gigabit Ethernet SFP+ Transceiver Modules that is designed to operate over multi-mode fiber (MMF) optical cabling. It utilizes the Small Form-Factor Pluggable Plus (SFP+) form factor, which makes it easy to install and upgrade on a wide range of Cisco networking equipment.
The SFP-10G-SR is designed to provide reliable, high-speed connectivity over short distances, making it ideal for use in data center and enterprise networks. It supports a range of link distances, from 26 meters up to 400 meters, depending on the type of MMF used. The module also supports digital optical monitoring (DOM) capabilities, allowing for real-time monitoring of key parameters such as optical power levels, temperature, and voltage.
One of the key benefits of the Cisco SFP-10G-SR is its ability to provide high-performance, low-latency connectivity over a wide range of network topologies. It can be used to connect switches, routers, and servers, as well as storage area networks (SANs) and network attached storage (NAS) devices.
The SFP-10G-SR features a duplex LC connector, which provides a reliable, low-loss connection to the optical cabling. The module is also hot-swappable, which means it can be replaced without shutting down the entire network, providing greater flexibility and reducing downtime.
Troubleshooting Common Issues
The Cisco SFP-10G-SR 10Gbps Multi-Mode Fiber Duplex LC Connector SFP+ Transceiver is a popular networking component used to connect network switches, routers, and servers with fiber optic cables. Despite being a reliable and high-performance component, users may encounter some common issues while using the Cisco SFP-10G-SR transceiver. Here are some troubleshooting steps to help you address common issues with the Cisco SFP-10G-SR transceiver:
- Verify compatibility: Before installing the Cisco SFP-10G-SR transceiver, ensure that it is compatible with your device. Check the device specifications and make sure it supports SFP+ transceivers and 10Gbps data transfer rate.
- Check cable connections: Ensure that the fiber optic cable is securely plugged into the SFP-10G-SR transceiver and the device's port. Verify that the cable is not damaged or broken.
- Check fiber optic cable type: The Cisco SFP-10G-SR transceiver is designed to work with Multi-Mode Fiber (MMF) cables. Verify that the cable type you are using is MMF and the cable length is within the supported range of the transceiver.
- Check compatibility with other transceivers: If you are using multiple transceivers in your network, verify that they are compatible with each other. If not, you may encounter connectivity issues.
- Verify module status: Use the device's command-line interface (CLI) or Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) to check the status of the SFP-10G-SR transceiver. Verify that the module is recognized and active.
- Check for error messages: Look for error messages in the device's logs related to the SFP-10G-SR transceiver. Common errors include transmit/receive power issues, signal quality degradation, and cable issues.
- Replace the transceiver: If all troubleshooting steps fail, try replacing the Cisco SFP-10G-SR transceiver with a new one. Sometimes, transceivers can fail due to environmental factors, power surges, or other issues.
The Cisco SFP-10G-SR transceiver is a small form-factor pluggable (SFP+) module designed for use with Cisco networking equipment. It supports 10 Gigabit Ethernet over multi-mode fiber optic cable, with a maximum reach of 300 meters using 2000 MHz*km OM3 fiber or 33 meters using 62.5 μm FDDI-grade multimode fiber.
To configure the Cisco SFP-10G-SR transceiver, you will need to follow these steps:
- Verify that your Cisco networking equipment is compatible with the Cisco SFP-10G-SR transceiver. You can find a list of compatible devices in the data sheet for the transceiver.
- Install the transceiver into the appropriate SFP+ slot on your Cisco device. The transceiver will click into place when properly seated.
- Verify that the transceiver is recognized by your device. You can do this by checking the output of the "show interface" command in the Cisco CLI.
- Configure the interface that is connected to the SFP-10G-SR transceiver. You will need to specify the speed and duplex settings, as well as any other interface-specific configuration options that may be required.
- Verify that the interface is functioning properly by checking the output of the "show interface" command again. You should see that the interface is up and the transceiver is transmitting and receiving data.
Some additional configuration tips for the Cisco SFP-10G-SR transceiver include:
- Make sure that the fiber optic cable you are using is compatible with the transceiver. The Cisco SFP-10G-SR is designed to work with multi-mode fiber optic cable.
- Check the fiber optic cable for any signs of damage or wear before installing the transceiver.
- Always handle the transceiver carefully to avoid damaging the LC connectors or other components.
- If you experience any issues with the transceiver or the interface, consult the documentation for your Cisco device or contact Cisco technical support for assistance.
General Information about this Cisco SFP-10G-SR
- Manufacturer: Cisco
- Model Number or SKU# SFP-10G-SR
- Product Type: SFP+ Transceiver
- Transceiver Type: SR
Technical Information of SFP Transceiver
- Application/Usage: Data Networking, Optical Network
- Ethernet Technology: 10 Gigabit Ethernet
- Interfaces/Ports Details: 1 x LC/PC Duplex 10GBase-SR Network
- Media Type Supported: Optical Fiber
- Fiber Optic Cable Standard: 62.5 µm, 50 µm
- Fiber Mode Supported: Multi-mode
- Network Technology: 10GBase-SR
- Form Factor: Hot-Swappable
- DDM: Yes
- Connector Type: Dual-LC
Network & Communication for 10GBPS Transceiver Module
- Cable Type: Ethernet 10GBase-SR
- Compliant Standards: IEEE 802.3ae
- Connectivity Technology: Wired
- Max Transfer Distance: 984 ft
- Optical Wave Length: 850 nm
Power Description of Multi-mode Transceiver
- Transmitter Type: VCSEL
- Receiver Type:: PIN
- Transceiver Power: -7.3~-1dBm
- Receiver Sensitivity: < -11.1dBm
- Receiver Overload: 0.5dBm
- Typical Power Consumption: ≤0.6W
- Max Operating Temperature: 158 degree Fahrenheit
- Min Operating Temperature; 32 degree Fahrenheit
Network Management & Protocol System
- IEEE 802.3ae, SFF-8472, SFF-8431, SFF-8432, SFP+ MSA Compliant, CPRI, eCPRI
- Networking Protocol: 10 Gigabit Ethernet
- Data Transfer Rate: 10GBPS
- Max Data Rate: 10.3125Gbps
Weight & Dimensions
- Height: 0.3 Inch
- Width: 0.5 Inch
- Depth: 2.2 Inch
- Cisco Nexus 5000 Series Switches
- Cisco Nexus 7000 Series Switches
- Knowledge of SFP-10G-SR Compatibility-
When you buy SFP-10G-SR transceivers for your switch, you are told to buy "brand" SFP-10G-SR from your network equipment manufacturer in order to keep your system running properly and safely. The "brand" SFP-10G-SR compatibility may never have any issues and the price is therefore very high, usually several hundred dollars. But since the transceivers are all manufactured based on MSA (Multi-source Agreement), which strictly define the operating characteristics of optical transceivers so that system vendors may implement ports in their devices that allow MSA compliant transceivers produced by name brand, as well a third party vendor, to function properly. Transceivers that manufactured by third party vendors, usually called compatible transceivers, such as compatible Cisco SFP-10G-SR transceivers. Usually, these compatible transceivers are tested on the corresponding switch before selling, therefore, the compatibility can also be ensured. Cisco SFP-10G-SR matrix can be found here.
About New Bulk Pack Products
Here, you can check more available conditions of your desired product SFP-10G-SR at a competitive price. We are trying our best to meet your needs on the enterprise-level computer, server, data centre, and networking hardware. You are welcome to ask our live chat or get live representative support over the phone.
Other Available Conditions for this Part
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.