The SFP-H10GB-CU2M= is a Cisco-branded, passive, twinaxial cable that is used to connect a Cisco switch to another device, such as another switch, server, or storage system. The cable has a length of 2 meters and is made of 30AWG copper. The "SFP" in the name refers to the Small Form-Factor Pluggable (SFP) transceiver module that is used to interface with the device at each end of the cable. The "H10GB" in the name indicates that the cable is capable of supporting 10 Gbps data rates. "CU" means Copper and "2M" denotes the length of the cable. The passive in the description means that the cable does not have any active electronic components inside it to boost the signal, it simply connects the two devices.
The SFP-H10GB-CU2M= Cisco 2 meter 30AWG twinax passive cable is designed to provide high-performance data transfer at 10 Gbps over a distance of 2 meters.
The 30AWG copper wire inside the cable has a low resistance and high conductivity which allows the signal to travel efficiently with minimal loss, which results in lower signal attenuation, allowing the signal to travel farther distance. Since it is passive, it does not require any power source, it also ensures reliability as there is no additional points of failure.
The model supports 10 Gbps data rates and is compliant with the SFP+ standard, which is a widely adopted industry standard for high-speed data transfer. This allows the cable to be compatible with a wide range of devices that support the SFP+ standard, such as Cisco switches and other networking equipment.
It is important to note that the performance of the cable may be affected by external factors such as electromagnetic interference (EMI) and the quality of the connectors. However, this cable is designed to minimize the interference, and as it is a Cisco product, it has to follow the high-quality standards, so it can be expected to perform well in most cases.
Reliability of Twinax Cable
The SFP-H10GB-CU2M= Cisco 2 meter 30AWG twinax passive cable is designed to be highly reliable, with a few key factors contributing to its reliability:
- The use of 30AWG copper wire: The cable's small diameter and high conductivity allows for low resistance and minimal signal loss, which reduces the likelihood of signal degradation and improves the overall signal quality.
- Twinaxial design: Twinax cables have two conductors that are twisted together, which helps to cancel out any electromagnetic interference (EMI) that may be present in the environment. This improves the signal integrity and reduces the chance of errors or data loss.
- Passive design: The lack of active electronic components in the cable eliminates a point of failure and reduces the need for maintenance and power, resulting in a more reliable cable.
- Cisco product: Cisco known for producing high-quality and reliable products, which are designed to meet the stringent standards and certifications, this ensures that model cable will meet the needs of customers in terms of performance, functionality and reliability.
- Durable construction: The cable is designed to withstand everyday use, and it's built to last with durable materials that can withstand temperature changes and other environmental factors
It's also important to note that when installing the cable, it's crucial to use the correct tools, procedures, and to follow the instructions provided by the manufacturer to ensure that the cable is connected properly and that it is not damaged in any way.
General Information about this Cisco SFP-H10GB-CU2M=
- Manufacturer: Cisco
- Part Number or SKU# SFP-H10GB-CU2M=
- Product Type: Twinaxial Cable
Technical Information for Cable
- Cable Type: Twinaxial Catalyst 3560-X
- Cable Length: 2 Meters (6.6 feet)
- Form Type: SFP+ to SFP+
- Connector Interface: SFP+
- Color: Brown
Performance of 2 Meter Cable
- Max Data Rate: 10GBPS
- Device Supported: Network Device
- Temperature Range: 0 to 70°C
- Connectors : SFP+
- Connectors (Second End) : SFP+
- Cisco Catalyst 2960-24LC-S, 2960-24PC-L, 2960-24PC-S, 2960-24TC, 2960-24TC-L, 2960-24TC-S,
- 2960-48PST-L, 2960-48PST-S, 2960-48T, 2960-48TC, 2960-48TC-L, 2960-48TC-S, 2960-8TC,
- 2960-8TC-S, 2960G-24TC, 2960G-48TC, 2960G-8TC, 2960S-24PD-L, 2960S-24PS-L, 2960S-24TD-L,
- 2960S-24TS-L, 2960S-24TS-S, 2960S-48FPD-L, 2960S-48FPS-L, 2960S-48LPD-L, 2960S-48LPS-L,
- 2960S-48TD-L, 2960S-48TS-L, 2960S-48TS-S ¦ Cisco UCS 6140XP Fabric Interconnect
About Refurbished Products
Twinaxial cable (also known as Twinax cable) is similar to the coaxial cable, with the only difference being that the former has two inner conductors. These cables were not popular until after 2013, when their applications in differential signaling showed a significant increase. Twinaxial cables are used for high-speed data transfer over short distances, usually not more than 10 meters.
Twinax Cable Length and Performance
Most of these cable types are 10-gigabit Ethernet cables and are classified as either passive or active. Active Twinax cables, as the name suggests, have active electronic components that that are encased at the connector terminal to improve signal quality. This is necessary for applications that are data sensitive. A passive twinaxial cable, on the other hand, has no components and only consists of the conductor and insulation casing. Generally, longer cables are made active because of the long distance the signal has to travel, and shorter cables are passive. But that depends on the manufacturer and brand.
Twinax cables are commonly used for connecting devices through the SFP+ interface ports. They are desired for this because of the high data throughput of up to 10GBps and low latency. A Twinax cable is many times better than other cabling standards such as CAT7 and CAT6. They also draw minimal power to operate, even for active Twinax cables.
What Materials are Used in Twinax Cable?
These cables were constructed mainly from copper wires. That was before the commercial use of fiber optic cables. Currently, you can choose between Twinax copper cable or Twinax optical cable. By comparison, optical cables are better performers and are also more expensive. So, your choice will be limited to what you have on your budget.
Twinax and Coaxial, How Do They Compare?
It is possible to get confused between these two commonly used types of cables. They are very similar in many ways, but the notable difference that sets the twinaxial cable apart is the two conductors instead of one. This construction makes these cables have better signal integrity in short-range applications. When shopping, you will have to know this difference and consider other factors as well.
If you are unsure about the cable type to buy, contact the ALLHDD sales manager for support. We have technical experts ready to help you choose the best cable type and length for your applications. You can trust us for quality and excellent customer service.
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.